Battlefield 2042

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Battlefield 2042

Post by 10spro »

Here’s some gameplay MP footage. A lot of mayhem, it reminds a lot of BF4 with more bell and whistles.

Visually looks awesome, the ability to drop different type of vehicles is a great addition. Speaking of which they all have some futuristic look to it especially the aerial ones.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Battlefield 2042

Post by pk500 »

I'm intrigued but not convinced.

I don't mind the futuristic stuff as long as conventional weapons and soldiers remain at the core of the game. But count me out if BF shifts to more of a mech game or Halo Jr. I already have the outstanding Titanfall and Titanfall 2 for that.

I also don't mind there's no single-player game. I think George W. Bush was president the last time I played a campaign game in Battlefield. The franchise has been all online MP, all the time for me for a long time.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Open Beta will be available tomorrow.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Hazard Zone mode reveal today. Just a trailer. Looks solid.

https://youtu.be/JbeLxNBP5j8
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Played BF2042 last night…I have the super duper ver. that has an 11/12 early launch. Played about 3-4 hours and really loved what I saw. Graphically its much more crisp than the beta. There is a lot more polish also. Very nice.

Conquest mode was great. Played like 3 of the new maps and had a great time. It wasn’t as chaotic as I was expecting. Very fun. I then jumped into Portal mode which is a BF legacy sandbox. You get to play modes using BF1942, BF3 and BF Bad Company. My first match I was thrown into the Battle of the Bulge map of BF1942. GREAT stuff. I then played some Bad Company and BF3 maps. Again, great stuff. There is a ton of potential with those two modes. I tried Hazard Mode, which is there squad based “answer” to Battle Royale. Your squad must recover intel all over the map while 7 other 4 man squads try to do the same. I only played one match and was mostly trying to figure things out but it looked like a fun mode. Overall I am very impressed and pleased with the game. It feels like classic Battlefield…which is not what BFV was IMO. Those who plan on giving it a try I am sure you will be pleased.

PS; GPU subscribers get a 10 hour trial of the game.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Got the 10 hr trial. Quick thoughts from about an hour and trying out various modes:

-Even on XB1, the game is beautiful.
-I like Portal much more than the main game.
-Just played a little of their battle Royale mode. Don't really like it.
-With 64 players, the maps in the main mode might be too large. I'm sure the doubled player count on xbsx makes it more engaging.

I like it. Don't think I love it, though. Played Insurgency right after and still vastly prefer it over BF. I don't think, at this point, I'll be purchasing it. More play might change that, but we'll see. WAY better than BFV.
-
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Played BF 2042 last night with 10-hour EA Play trial, and let's just say I'm underwhelmed.

Observations:

-- It's Battlefield. Not much feels that new here. Yes, Portal is cool, letting you play on old maps. But same game, old maps is still same game.

-- One of my biggest complaints about BF 5 was that the game felt lifeless. It's almost like the controller vibration from nearby explosions, weapon recoil, jumping over obstacles, etc., was neutered compared to previous BF games in this generation. 2042 has a bit more zest and tactile feel, but nowhere close to BF1 or BF Hardline.

-- Is it just me, or are the spawn points on some of the new maps ridiculously far from the action? I don't need a closed-in moshpit of a killing field, and I like the tactics needed to be successful in a long buildup, like in Insurgency: Sandstorm. But with some of these new maps in BF 2042, I feel like I'm doing a lot more running toward objectives than shooting and taking cover.

-- The entire BF franchise occupies an odd purgatory for me. BF 2042 is nowhere near as realistic as Insurgency: Sandstorm, a game that may as well be welded to my Xbox hard drive by now. It's THAT good. But BF 2042 isn't as fun as COD: Modern Warfare in its basic PVP modes. Yes, that game is run-and-gun. But the maps are so well designed and the ballistics are so good that it provides a fun change of pace. BF 2042, living in that middle ground, is ... boring.

I'm grateful for 10-hour trials like this. A new BF game always was a Day One purchase for me in the past, but this franchise is slipping for me. This is the second consecutive BF game, joining BF 5, that isn't doing much for me. I'll play it when it's free on EA Play within six to nine months, but there's no way in hell I'm paying more than $30 for this game.

The entire time I played BF 2042 last night, my brain screamed, "Damn, I would rather play Insurgency or COD:MW." That's not a good sign.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425