MLB Season 2022. Playball!

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB Season 2017. Playball!

Post by Diablo25 »

And Sanchez is a HORRIBLE catcher.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Diablo25 wrote:
10spro wrote:Goodness, the Yankees have been so impressive post season. Great pitching tonight.
Stros need to drill someone...Sanchez would be first on the list.
A good start would be drilling the actual baseball.....embarrassing 3 games in New York.....not sure they win another game in this series.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

DivotMaker wrote:A good start would be drilling the actual baseball.....embarrassing 3 games in New York.....not sure they win another game in this series.
I factor the Yankees three wins to playing at home. This series has the potential to go 7 and I wouldn't be too surprise if Houston wins it.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Rodster wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:A good start would be drilling the actual baseball.....embarrassing 3 games in New York.....not sure they win another game in this series.
I factor the Yankees three wins to playing at home. This series has the potential to go 7 and I wouldn't be too surprise if Houston wins it.
'Stros were 5-2 against NY in Regular Season....these last 3 games Houston just seems to have choked hard when batting. Recognize the Yankees have pretty good pitching, but Houston made them look like everyone on Staff was Cy Young himself.....

If 'Stros don't recover their offensive prowess Friday, they're done. Verlander should be good enough to force game 7....then who do the 'Stros put out there? Without a big offensive production in both games, I think their in alot of trouble.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

DivotMaker wrote:these last 3 games Houston just seems to have choked hard when batting. Recognize the Yankees have pretty good pitching, but Houston made them look like everyone on Staff was Cy Young himself.....

If 'Stros don't recover their offensive prowess Friday, they're done. Verlander should be good enough to force game 7....then who do the 'Stros put out there? Without a big offensive production in both games, I think their in alot of trouble.
Just switch out every instance of Houston or 'Stros and replace with Cubs - and that's exactly how I feel.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

The pity party for all you playoff teams is maddening.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

dbdynsty25 wrote:The pity party for all you playoff teams is maddening.
Tell me about it....lots of Houston playoff teams....NO CHAMPIONSHIPS......

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

DivotMaker wrote:
You've got more rings than I do in my lifetime. 2 Rockets championships.

Dolphins, Suns, Coyotes, Braves...one ring in 1995. 1...TOTAL, since 1977 when I was born. So I don't want to hear it.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:
You've got more rings than I do in my lifetime. 2 Rockets championships.

Dolphins, Suns, Coyotes, Braves...one ring in 1995. 1...TOTAL, since 1977 when I was born. So I don't want to hear it.
Your teams are a bit all over the place....but I hear you. Hard to imagine all those great Braves teams only ended up with one ring.....

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

DivotMaker wrote: Your teams are a bit all over the place....but I hear you. Hard to imagine all those great Braves teams only ended up with one ring.....
I was a HUGE fan of the Braves early 90's pitching staff. Their starting rotation reminded me of the 1969 Mets rotation. To this day I still can't figure out how they only won a single WS.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Fly the L!!!

Now go Astros!!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

DivotMaker wrote:Your teams are a bit all over the place....but I hear you. Hard to imagine all those great Braves teams only ended up with one ring.....
I grew up during my formative years in Phoenix in the 80's. We had the Suns, and that's it. I picked the Dolphins because my mom was a fan of Marino and the Braves because my dad grew up outside of Milwaukee and he was a huge Braves fan. Plus it helped that they were on TBS. I didn't have "home" teams in Phoenix sadly. And obviously starting like the Coyotes once they came to Phoenix in the mid 90's even though I had already moved to LA.

The sad story of my fandome, as if anyone really cares. LOL.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:Your teams are a bit all over the place....but I hear you. Hard to imagine all those great Braves teams only ended up with one ring.....
I grew up during my formative years in Phoenix in the 80's. We had the Suns, and that's it. I picked the Dolphins because my mom was a fan of Marino and the Braves because my dad grew up outside of Milwaukee and he was a huge Braves fan. Plus it helped that they were on TBS. I didn't have "home" teams in Phoenix sadly. And obviously starting like the Coyotes once they came to Phoenix in the mid 90's even though I had already moved to LA.

The sad story of my fandome, as if anyone really cares. LOL.
Thanks for sharing...I wondered what drove such a diverse group of favorite teams.....I used to be a Rangers/Cowboys fan growing up in Ft. Worth, but I have lived in the Houston area now for 36 years and have adopted the Houston franchises as my favorites.....looks like neither of us are going to enjoy too many championships in the future....

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

DivotMaker wrote:Thanks for sharing...I wondered what drove such a diverse group of favorite teams.....I used to be a Rangers/Cowboys fan growing up in Ft. Worth, but I have lived in the Houston area now for 36 years and have adopted the Houston franchises as my favorites.....looks like neither of us are going to enjoy too many championships in the future....
It's an especially tough time right now for me. 3 of my 4 teams are tanking to get picks and rebuild. It's amazing. So you're right, nothing coming my way. At least the Rockets/Astros/Texans are all on the edge of championships. I'm on the edge of #1 picks. So you've EASILY got me beat currently.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:Thanks for sharing...I wondered what drove such a diverse group of favorite teams.....I used to be a Rangers/Cowboys fan growing up in Ft. Worth, but I have lived in the Houston area now for 36 years and have adopted the Houston franchises as my favorites.....looks like neither of us are going to enjoy too many championships in the future....
It's an especially tough time right now for me. 3 of my 4 teams are tanking to get picks and rebuild. It's amazing. So you're right, nothing coming my way. At least the Rockets/Astros/Texans are all on the edge of championships. I'm on the edge of #1 picks. So you've EASILY got me beat currently.
Well, you make a good point and I have never contended that Houston could not win, but they can win to a point and we just can't seem to get any team to break through and win a post season title other than the rockets B2B 22 years ago......I feel your frustration as we have done the draft picks thing and waiting....and waiting....I think the 'Stros have even brighter days ahead.....Texans now have a legit franchise QB and we will see if Harden/CPIII is enough to win a championship, but GS is the best team hands down IMO....

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

Well there will be a game 7 ,, should be interesting. Go Stros ! Dodgers look awful good, as an Indian fan , I'm not sure we get by Houston or LA,, but just glancing a tad to the future ,, there are going to be some powerhouse teams in the next few years,, Yanks,Astros,Indians,Dodgers,Cubs,Twins,Red Sox are all young and getting better. Not a big fan of this launch angle and damn the strikeout attitude,but thats the norm these days.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Rodster wrote:
Like I said so far it's been a home advantage series as the home side has won every game. The Astros should be favored to win the series.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Verlander threw another gem, what a perfect pick up for the Astros. They were some anxious moments for the home team especially top of the 7th inning with two men on when Springer made that difficult catch, I thought that was the key play. The bats were quiet in NY, but it looks like they are waking up again at a crucial time.

Both teams can swing, it should be a great game 7.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

10spro wrote:Verlander threw another gem, what a perfect pick up for the Astros. They were some anxious moments for the home team especially top of the 7th inning with two men on when Springer made that difficult catch, I thought that was the key play. The bats were quiet in NY, but it looks like they are waking up again at a crucial time.

Both teams can swing, it should be a great game 7.
Verlander is the only reason they have made it this far. Without him, his 10-0 record, and the lift he gave this team at the end of August, the 'Stros would not have gotten past the Red Sox, IMO.

Should be a great Game 7 as both teams will be throwing everything in including the kitchen sink.....and the Dodgers with extra rest.....they look damn near unbeatable....going on a Warriors 2016-esque playoff run having only lost one game so far....

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Congratulations Astro's and MVP Justin Verlander. 8)

This is going to be a great World Series! :D

-MERACE

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

I have learned to never give up on this Astros Team.....feels great for the city of Houston and everything we’ve been through recently.

Should be a great World Series!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

DivotMaker wrote:I have learned to never give up on this Astros Team.....feels great for the city of Houston and everything we’ve been through recently.

Should be a great World Series!
Congratz, good luck vs LA.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Boy, what a game 2. Not sure R. Hill should have been pulled that early, but I guess D. Roberts had that much trust in his bullpen. Did it ever backfire for the Dodgers, albeit they put a good fight in the end. You just can’t count those Astros bats out. They can swing at anything.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/in-defe ... e-roberts/

I tend to agree with him here.

What a game though!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Baseball lost me after the 1994 strike. But after that Vin Scully first pitch and an incredible game, I may be getting interested in the World Series this year. That was compelling theater from the first pitch to the last.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425