HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Post by vader29 »

10spro wrote:
RobVarak wrote:That Par 3 course for today's daily was a steaming heap.
Bloody wind got me into the water twice, as if putting is not hard enough on this course.
I was -3 going into the last hole then went into the bunker and ended up with a triple bogey to finish at even par. :evil:
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

10spro wrote: Oh great.

Now, I will never ever win a tourney. Hey, welcome aboard, hope all is well with the recovery. :)
First round -2 at one of the standard courses and +2 through 9 at Augusta.....not to worry.

I'll play Xbox this week and next, but PC is where I will play the majority.

Also bought the game to silence a couple of folks in the HB forums claiming the swing is broken on X1 and it plays just fine here.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Magnolia par 3 greens can kiss my ass. Ridiculous.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Diablo25 wrote:Magnolia par 3 greens can kiss my ass. Ridiculous.
Agreed.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Hated the X1 version until I figured out turning Game mode on and that mad a HUGE difference. I stunk it up this AM in the Daily X1 with a 79, then turned around and shot par at Augusta with a 4-putt double on 18.....

Bakes
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Bakes »

Got a few friends in to the game and they are interested in joining the XB1 society if that is cool. GT - Dpmonster23 and pjedb72.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

What a roller coaster this game can be at times. I was -14 going into the third round of the XBox One Society tournament at Sawgrass. I had just show a 63 in the second round to get there. In round 3 I came out with a case of perma-hook, and everything from the driver to the pitch shot went left. I hit five fairways and 8 greens in round 3, in route to a 79 :evil: I'd take practice swing after practice swing, trying to groove my feel. I could produce a straight practice swing, but it felt so manufactured to me that I couldn't carry that swing to the actual shot.

It's this property that keeps this game fresh for me though. Just when I think I've got it licked, it jumps up and makes me feel like a n00b again. Also, my four year old grandson is just now discovering gaming. He liked getting his hands on the Elite controller, because he found out he could mix and match the magnetic thumbsticks. Now he's mixed and matched the location of the Elite, as it cannot be found in my house nor his, or his parent's cars, for going on three weeks now. The Elite worked great with TGC 2 on the XBox One for me. It's much more of an "adventure" with the stock XBox One controller... Part of the joys of being a grandparent, I guess :)

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

J_Cauthen wrote:What a roller coaster this game can be at times. I was -14 going into the third round of the XBox One Society tournament at Sawgrass. I had just show a 63 in the second round to get there. In round 3 I came out with a case of perma-hook, and everything from the driver to the pitch shot went left. I hit five fairways and 8 greens in round 3, in route to a 79 :evil: I'd take practice swing after practice swing, trying to groove my feel. I could produce a straight practice swing, but it felt so manufactured to me that I couldn't carry that swing to the actual shot.

It's this property that keeps this game fresh for me though. Just when I think I've got it licked, it jumps up and makes me feel like a n00b again. Also, my four year old grandson is just now discovering gaming. He liked getting his hands on the Elite controller, because he found out he could mix and match the magnetic thumbsticks. Now he's mixed and matched the location of the Elite, as it cannot be found in my house nor his, or his parent's cars, for going on three weeks now. The Elite worked great with TGC 2 on the XBox One for me. It's much more of an "adventure" with the stock XBox One controller... Part of the joys of being a grandparent, I guess :)
I had no problems hitting fairways and greens, my putting game destroyed me. Second hole of the first round I had a long uphill eagle putt that came up short and rolled back, hit it harder next time and it goes past the hole, now a downhill putt misses and rolls to the bottom again and after all was said and done I end up with a triple bogey that just set the pace for the rest of the tournament for me.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Xbox One weekend tourney results:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Congratz Divot, you just swept TC Sawgrass and the rest of us in a dust. Literally...

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

10spro wrote:Congratz Divot, you just swept TC Sawgrass and the rest of us in a dust. Literally...
Thanks 10s.....2nd round was the best I have ever played in TGC2.

Took the winnings and some more coins and donated back to the Society.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

10spro wrote:Congratz Divot, you just swept TC Sawgrass and the rest of us in a dust. Literally...
Nothing like my bro (Toddarito) and I having the rounds of our lives and still getting boat raced. Who invited this guy? ;)

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Nothing like my bro (Toddarito) and I having the rounds of our lives and still getting boat raced. Who invited this guy? ;)
Nobody....runs and hides..... 8O

You can thank my surgery for me putting my X1 back in play as it has been unplugged since Feb 2016 due to my PC rebuild. Was surprised to see how good the X1 version looks and plays on my 65" Samsung......

One thing I will commit to is if I win an event, I will donate my winnings to the Society so we can get to Level 10.

And great play from you both....very competitive!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

DivotMaker wrote:
Thanks 10s.....2nd round was the best I have ever played in TGC2.

Took the winnings and some more coins and donated back to the Society.
I was telling Vader over the weekend, that I saw you at -23 then and only on the 2nd round. I was only at -7 at that point and I was seriously telling myself, why bother? Hey, that's some serious shooting. But we ALL knew this, even before your surgery, you're above and beyond us here at DSP. Good stuff. 8)

And DB, I can imagine if you played each other's ghosts, it must have been fun man.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Thanks, but Golf is about all I play or have time to play.

Stunk it up today....could not get an approach shot closer than 30'.....after shooting -10 there last night.....it comes and goes with this game.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I absolutely suck at this game and it's frustrating as hell trying to putt the ball ski slope greens. One thing I wish they could fix is when the game pauses due to John's commentary. It's noticeable when you miss a close putt or your shots in trouble.

Bakes
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Bakes »

8 birdies and 7 bogeys in the daily today :lol: . What a roller coaster this game is.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Bakes wrote:8 birdies and 7 bogeys in the daily today :lol: . What a roller coaster this game is.
Truer words have never graced this forum. :D

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Bakes wrote:8 birdies and 7 bogeys in the daily today :lol: . What a roller coaster this game is.
Truer words have never graced this forum. :D
Agreed.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Really good version of PGA West Stadium course by SG2 just realeased. Good challenge and visually stunning!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

At least you finished your round... in yesterday's Daily at Burrowing Owl, I rage quit on the third hole, when I still wasn't on the green after 6 shots! :oops: :lol:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

DivotMaker wrote:Really good version of PGA West Stadium course by SG2 just realeased. Good challenge and visually stunning!
Thanks... that's appointment golf right there!

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

J_Cauthen wrote:
At least you finished your round... in yesterday's Daily at Burrowing Owl, I rage quit on the third hole, when I still wasn't on the green after 6 shots! :oops: :lol:
I’ve rage quit competition games in the societies and heading towards rage quitting TGC2 all together. :|

-MERACE

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

MERACE wrote:I’ve rage quit competition games in the societies and heading towards rage quitting TGC2 all together. :|
I truly hope they're going to give the swing tuning some attention in the next update. I wish you could experience the PC version with the 60 to 75 FPS performance I typically see on my PC, at graphics settings that are significantly better than either console version. In my experience, tempo management is easier with the higher frame rates.

I'm curious, when you play TGC 2 now, are you more likely to play the PC version, on your laptob, over the PS4?

I ask because I still find the PS4 version of TGC 2 to be the least desirable to play. It doesn't seem to have the color and contrast range of the XBox One version, and it's still more prone to hitching during the swing.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

When you get to the weekend Tarantula Open on the second round at the 13th hole, please tell me that there’s some serious BS going on the greens. You can check my video if you wish, the ball just rolls down on you when you’re literally inches away from getting into the hole. I thought ok, maybe once, but three freaking times??? :evil: