NBA 2K18

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NBA 2K18

Post by Diablo25 »

Man, does this game look incredible. This trailer on the artwork is stunning.

XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NBA 2K18

Post by Danimal »

Wow looks awesome, I wish I liked NBA basketball in anyway. I was just telling someone today it sucks the best sports game on the market is a sport I don't care about
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Danimal wrote:Wow looks awesome, I wish I liked NBA basketball in anyway. I was just telling someone today it sucks the best sports game on the market is a sport I don't care about
Totally with you here. :(
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Danimal wrote:Wow looks awesome, I wish I liked NBA basketball in anyway. I was just telling someone today it sucks the best sports game on the market is a sport I don't care about
Nothing wrong with the NBA...followed it in the late 80's, early 90's and then stepped away for 20 years. Been following it more and more the last 4 years or so and really looking forward to the season this year. For me personally the game is the best it's been in a long long time. There isn't a professional sports team that I enjoy watching more than I do the Golden St. Warriors, the last few years..
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

tjung0831 wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:
Nothing wrong with the NBA...followed it in the late 80's, early 90's and then stepped away for 20 years. Been following it more and more the last 4 years or so and really looking forward to the season this year. For me personally the game is the best it's been in a long long time. There isn't a professional sports team that I enjoy watching more than I do the Golden St. Warriors, the last few years..
I would have such an easier time following the NBA if I had a hometown team to root for. But I don't think St. Louis is getting one of those anytime soon. KC ought to be high on the NBA list, but I have my doubts they will get one either.

What sucks is that we do get Pacers games on FSMW here, but I really just don't care about them ate all. I've really enjoyed the Clippers, and love rooting for them to get over the hump, but they seemed to have taken a step back. I'm really excited to see if the Timberwolves and Wiggins get become a winning team with Jimmy butler coming over. And I will have to watch some Sixers games, because Joel Embiid is awesome.

As a Jayhawk fan, it is fun that there are some decent Kansas guys playing now. Other than Pierce, most have amounted to very little in the NBA.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

tjung0831 wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:
I don't see where I said there was anything wrong with the NBA, just that I don't like it. I really see no reason to debate why I don't, especially in an NBA thread for people who do. I only responded because you put words in my mouth, or have a lack of reading comprehension skills.

Game looks incredible and I hope everyone enjoys it.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Danimal wrote: I don't see where I said there was anything wrong with the NBA, just that I don't like it. I really see no reason to debate why I don't, especially in an NBA thread for people who do. I only responded because you put words in my mouth, or have a lack of reading comprehension skills.

Game looks incredible and I hope everyone enjoys it.
That's what you got out what I wrote....interesting. One thing I don't lack is class so have a nice day!
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Loved the Bulls and Celtics back in the day... but without a team here in St. Louis, it slowly faded away for me. (kind of like the NFL is starting to do)

I might check out the NBA Live demo though.. it seems to be the easier pick up and play basketball game of the two.

The Xbox gets played less and less.. I really miss NCAA football and a 2k hockey option. :(
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

bulls23
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by bulls23 »

The classic teams keep me interested in NBA 2K. The step up in graphics is impressive, and they are adding 16 more classic teams, so even though I don't care much about the real NBA, (the Bulls keep f**king up) I'm going to pick up NBA 2k18.
Currently Playing: Battlefield V, American Fugitive, Madden NFL 19, Golf Club 2019

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

Thats exactly how I feel about The Show. It represents everything that is good about baseball, but I just cant stand or watch the sport.
gamertag: ddtrane65

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Shook Ones trailer. Pretty bad ass.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

There's NO way Live 18 is beating 2K18 this year or next especially after 2K released that trailer and as others have noted the weird ball physics of Live 18 are noticeable. Also looking forward to the new animation system in 2K.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Rodster wrote:There's NO way Live 18 is beating 2K18 this year or next especially after 2K released that trailer and as others have noted the weird ball physics of Live 18 are noticeable. Also looking forward to the new animation system in 2K.
No doubt. If EA were to ever "overtake" 2K it would have to be over a number of years of steady improvement. 2K is too far ahead in animations, features, 'cult' following, etc. It is nice to see Live stepping up this year though. Looks like a solid base for the future. For $35 it will be in my game library. I'll probably get 2K also. After reading up on the motion improvements (which were a big issue with me) I'm probably going to get it.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Diablo25 wrote:
Rodster wrote:There's NO way Live 18 is beating 2K18 this year or next especially after 2K released that trailer and as others have noted the weird ball physics of Live 18 are noticeable. Also looking forward to the new animation system in 2K.
No doubt. If EA were to ever "overtake" 2K it would have to be buying the exclusive NBA license.
Oops forget I even mentioned that. :lol:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Demo scheduled for 9/8.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Rodster wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:
No doubt. If EA were to ever "overtake" 2K it would have to be buying the exclusive NBA license.
Oops forget I even mentioned that. :lol:
Very true.

I wish EA would bring back their MLB franchise. I love The Show but the more the merrier.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Pete
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Pete »

It doesn't appear that Amazon is offering a physical copy of this game as a pre order, thus, no 20% discount.

I see only a digital code offering at full price.

Not trying to be cheap, but that was a nice deal while it lasted.

Bakes
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Bakes »

Pete wrote:It doesn't appear that Amazon is offering a physical copy of this game as a pre order, thus, no 20% discount.

I see only a digital code offering at full price.

Not trying to be cheap, but that was a nice deal while it lasted.
Noticed that also. Hopefully it shows up closer to release. Alternatively, Newegg has it for $49.99 if you are looking to save a few bucks.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

It'll show up. Same thing happened with Madden.
GT = Wilk5280

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

There's almost a month difference between Switch digital and physical version release dates:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nba_2 ... -2k18.aspx
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The switch version will be running @ 30fps.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Anyone download the Prelude yet? I had less than 10 minutes to play this morning, but one thing stood out immediately. The skin tones have a softer look to them, almost cell shaded. Still looks great, but curious why they went that direction. The other thing was how incredible smooth the game played. Animations galore. Defense seems to be tightened up too.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:The skin tones have a softer look to them, almost cell shaded. Still looks great, but curious why they went that direction.
sportdan30 wrote:The other thing was how incredible smooth the game played. Animations galore. Defense seems to be tightened up too.
You probably answered your own question.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

sportdan30 wrote:Anyone download the Prelude yet? I had less than 10 minutes to play this morning, but one thing stood out immediately. The skin tones have a softer look to them, almost cell shaded. Still looks great, but curious why they went that direction. The other thing was how incredible smooth the game played. Animations galore. Defense seems to be tightened up too.
Maybe the skin tones are like that just in the demo? Im playing now and its nice. I'm anxious to try the "Neighborhood" mode. Looks very cool.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25