HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Post by FifaInspected »

I've mentioned this previously.. does anyone else find reading the hud a pain in the A$$ a times? there are times I need to change views just to be able to read club info, distance etc. When putting the inches above / below can get lost in the wind meter.

I've also noticed something interesting. When playing the courses I designed in TGC1 the putting issue where the clubhead jumps off the ball on the backswing almost never happens. I'd like to chalk this up to coincidence but i'm thinking it's not. It also makes putting a lot more enjoyable when you're primary concern can be getting the right power and not wondering if you need to eject out of your swing because it didn't start smoothly.

I'm also really enjoying the player clubs. My TGC game now resembles my real life game with no shortage of shanks and yanks :)
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

I requested in the Xbone society the other day.

I'm also thinking of ditching tour clubs for player as I spent too much time in the junk! Lol.
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Now that the server issues seem to have stabilized this game is taking off. I'm having a ton of fun with it. It's such a great game/value. It's pretty much everything I was hoping for. I'll be playing it on the regular for months.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Diablo25 wrote:Now that the server issues seem to have stabilized this game is taking off. I'm having a ton of fun with it. It's such a great game/value. It's pretty much everything I was hoping for. I'll be playing it on the regular for months.
Bingo. My oldest son and I LOVE this game. Such a value for $40. We're both enjoying the balance of challenge and fun with Player clubs.

Can't wait until all of the ace designers start unleashing TGC 1 and new TGC 2 creations to the masses! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Update on PS4 and PC DSP Society seasons: as a level 1 Society, we can only have a 5 event season, so I had to start a new season for each society today. You have to have 500 in your Society account to level up to "2", whereupon you're eligible for a 10 event season. I've got over 5,000 in my personal account, but I can't see a way to transfer any of that to the Society's account. I'll look deeper into that today.

Ideally, I think something like a 32 event season, with would include 4 majors would be about ideal, but I don't know what Society "level" that would require. Secondly, I've got a mix of dailies (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) mixed in with the weekly (Thursday through Sunday) 72 hole tournaments going right now that I'm not sure is going to work out well logistically. I haven't even looked at the stats from the season I just had to close to start a new one, so I don't know how that's skewing things.

I've got a Daily set up today at Taby GolfKlubb (Sweden) in the PS4 and PC Societies. Mikemike3000 is one of the game's top designers, IMO. I'm looking at Caramel Creek for this week's 72 hole tournament, but I'm open to suggestions.

One last thing, the way the Society event creator is structured right now, all tournaments have to start and end at 4:00 AM EDT. Today I set the Dailies up at ~10:45 AM EDT, but we're already 4 hours and 45 minutes into the alloted time for the event. The game won't let the administrator set up a competition in advance of the scheduled start state. I tried to set up the 72 hole tournaments for tomorrow, today, but the software won't let me schedule a tournament with one already in progress? I hope that's something that can be changed down the road, and I plan to report it to the developers as a potential improvement item.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:Now that the server issues seem to have stabilized this game is taking off. I'm having a ton of fun with it. It's such a great game/value. It's pretty much everything I was hoping for. I'll be playing it on the regular for months.
Yes, speedy server performance makes all the difference in the world doesn't it!? This game does have a good foundation, although I think they've got a lot of areas for enhancement and improvement.

I love how cyclical my personal performance can be with this new swing interface. Yesterday, I played the PS4 Society Daily at Mein-Notchurs GC and shot a blistering 62, which included five consecutive birdies on the back 9. Two hours later, I teed it up on the same course, same conditions in the PC Society Daily, thinking I'm going to rip this course a new one... all of the sudden I developed a hook and struggled with it for the entire round. Even a heavy dose of practice swings couldn't correct it. I finally started aiming with the hook in mind and promptly slice one into the right rough... of the fairway of the adjacent hole :oops: Ironically, I got an inexplicable charge out of that 8) Oh, I shot a 75 for the round - gotta love this game! :)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

John, is there a way you can create the dailies for the Xbox? If you can transfer some of those points to our society it would be awesome. I personally don't mind doing so myself.

And yes, it's eye candy when the server nightmares have stabilized. Ocassionally I may still experience the odd hiccup when I am about to hit an iron or about to putt causing a slight delay but it's not too bad.

Completed my last round at Ethalwind yesterday shooting a 83 as I encounter the 20Mph + winds. I am still not sure whether this aspect of the game is broken or not. When it was blowing from west-east, the effect was there but depending on the hole not as strong as it would indicate.

From east-west, I would place the ball accordingly and again, I was deceived by the numbers, where the wind would NOT blow that hard and in some holes it would. Due to the inconsistencies, I was spending a little time in the water more than necessary. :evil:

When the wind reads 7mph, 12mph it seemed more realistic but anything around 20mph or more was hard for me to judge the true effect of Mother Nature.

Anyhow, enjoying the game a lot and look forward to more tourneys...

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Per the "Sweden in July" Daily. I don't think I've ever had so many 40 foot putts uphill 2 feet ;) This game is quickly becoming as much a regular part of my daily routine as my morning cup of coffee.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote:Update on PS4 and PC DSP Society seasons: as a level 1 Society, we can only have a 5 event season, so I had to start a new season for each society today. You have to have 500 in your Society account to level up to "2", whereupon you're eligible for a 10 event season. I've got over 5,000 in my personal account, but I can't see a way to transfer any of that to the Society's account. I'll look deeper into that today.

Ideally, I think something like a 32 event season, with would include 4 majors would be about ideal, but I don't know what Society "level" that would require. Secondly, I've got a mix of dailies (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) mixed in with the weekly (Thursday through Sunday) 72 hole tournaments going right now that I'm not sure is going to work out well logistically. I haven't even looked at the stats from the season I just had to close to start a new one, so I don't know how that's skewing things.
If we can contribute coins to get the society up let me know I have over 5000 as well.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

J_Cauthen wrote:Update on PS4 and PC DSP Society seasons: as a level 1 Society, we can only have a 5 event season, so I had to start a new season for each society today. You have to have 500 in your Society account to level up to "2", whereupon you're eligible for a 10 event season. I've got over 5,000 in my personal account, but I can't see a way to transfer any of that to the Society's account. I'll look deeper into that today.

I've got a Daily set up today at Taby GolfKlubb (Sweden) in the PS4 and PC Societies. Mikemike3000 is one of the game's top designers, IMO. I'm looking at Caramel Creek for this week's 72 hole tournament, but I'm open to suggestions.

One last thing, the way the Society event creator is structured right now, all tournaments have to start and end at 4:00 AM EDT. Today I set the Dailies up at ~10:45 AM EDT, but we're already 4 hours and 45 minutes into the alloted time for the event. The game won't let the administrator set up a competition in advance of the scheduled start state. I tried to set up the 72 hole tournaments for tomorrow, today, but the software won't let me schedule a tournament with one already in progress? I hope that's something that can be changed down the road, and I plan to report it to the developers as a potential improvement item.
I heard Olympia Fields was released today by RussWest. Shaliath would be great as well.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

10spro wrote:John, is there a way you can create the dailies for the Xbox? If you can transfer some of those points to our society it would be awesome. I personally don't mind doing so myself.

And yes, it's eye candy when the server nightmares have stabilized. Ocassionally I may still experience the odd hiccup when I am about to hit an iron or about to putt causing a slight delay but it's not too bad.

Completed my last round at Ethalwind yesterday shooting a 83 as I encounter the 20Mph + winds. I am still not sure whether this aspect of the game is broken or not. When it was blowing from west-east, the effect was there but depending on the hole not as strong as it would indicate.

From east-west, I would place the ball accordingly and again, I was deceived by the numbers, where the wind would NOT blow that hard and in some holes it would. Due to the inconsistencies, I was spending a little time in the water more than necessary. :evil:

When the wind reads 7mph, 12mph it seemed more realistic but anything around 20mph or more was hard for me to judge the true effect of Mother Nature.

10s, what you may be seeing is the wind being impacted by surrounding trees. It is my understanding that the wind speed in the meter is correct, but it may be less as the ball is ascending due to trees as well as descending. In courses with few trees, the wind should not be impacted.

Could that be what you saw or are seeing?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

DivotMaker wrote:
10spro wrote:John, is there a way you can create the dailies for the Xbox? If you can transfer some of those points to our society it would be awesome. I personally don't mind doing so myself.

10s, what you may be seeing is the wind being impacted by surrounding trees. It is my understanding that the wind speed in the meter is correct, but it may be less as the ball is ascending due to trees as well as descending. In courses with few trees, the wind should not be impacted.

Could that be what you saw or are seeing?
Maybe so Divot, but at Ethlawind the trees were at odds holes here and there from what I recall. I don't mind that element of the game by the way, even if it's at 20mph + winds, but what irked me yesterday is that it got me into the wet element a couple of times due to the inconsistency, while my drive was straight on.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:If we can contribute coins to get the society up let me know I have over 5000 as well.
What I might do is setup an 18 hole tournament for Monday and make the entry fee something like 500. Between the (now) six members of the DSP PC Society, that should put us up to a high enough level to where we won't have to feel as restricted with season length. We can then raise more money as time goes on through the higher than 5 virtual coins I had it set to for entry fee. If it's structured right, we should be able to "level up" as needed to avoid hitting an event limit.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Vader is the administrator of the XBox One Society, but I'm sure he can do this. I think the best mix is three, 18 hole dailies and one 72 hole tournament a week. Unfortunately, they can't overlap, as there are going to be times when I'll need 7 days to get 72 holes in.

Vader's going to run into the same event limit problem that I am after 5 events. I think all the DSP Societies just need to have one big "Initiation" fee event to infuse the coins needed to level up. Those of us who pre-ordered, which was most of us, got a 5,000 virtual coin bonus anyway, so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to cough up 500 VC's for the Society's solvency :wink:

I haven't seen the really high winds yet at Royal Ethalwind. I've found the wind effects in TGC 2 to be the most properly balanced of any golf game I've played, overall. What you are describing is something I haven't experienced, knowingly. I'll keep an eye out for it in my last round there later today.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Thanks for the info JC.

Ok Vader, get to it. I think we got at least 10+ members on the Xbox so if we each can fork up to 500 for the society we can play more tourneys.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Hey guys, I haven't pulled the trigger on this game yet, but will probably break down soon. Any reason to buy the game for one platform over another?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Leadfoot5 wrote:Hey guys, I haven't pulled the trigger on this game yet, but will probably break down soon. Any reason to buy the game for one platform over another?
The XBox One seems to be the platform of choice among DSP gamers, so if you're looking to focus more on Society play and tournaments, that would be your best bet. I have a pretty decent gaming PC:

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

The game is running so beautifully and fluidly on this system, between 60 and 75 FPS. We now have six members in the DSP PC Society, and I think there's eleven or twelve in the XBox One Society.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Gangrel wrote:I requested in the Xbone society the other day.

I'm also thinking of ditching tour clubs for player as I spent too much time in the junk! Lol.
I approved you yesterday morning, you have to go back into the society to approve the approval.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

10spro wrote:Thanks for the info JC.

Ok Vader, get to it. I think we got at least 10+ members on the Xbox so if we each can fork up to 500 for the society we can play more tourneys.
I had the last tourney set at 100 coins entry and that first one day tourney was set at 20 coin entry with a 50 percent purse for each and the society was only showing 120 coins yesterday so not sure if the server problems caused some of the entries to not charge anything or not, I could bump up the next one a bit.
Last edited by vader29 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Guys, I've approved Gibbius Maximus as a member of the DSP PC version Society. He's registered for forum membership here, but his status is pending. I know Gibbius from Perfect Golf and the original TGC and he'll be an asset to the Society and to the forum!

Also, I just played the Daily Taby Golfklubb tournament in the PC Society, and it's heavily forested to the point where my PC was dipping into the high 40's in frame rate. This might be stressing the console versions out in places. I need to keep this in mind in the future. If anyone has played the PS4 DSP tournament today, please let me know if it presented a performance problem for you.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

I played the PS4 round today and the only performance problem I saw involved me hitting the ball :)
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

FifaInspected wrote:I played the PS4 round today and the only performance problem I saw involved me hitting the ball :)
LOL.... :lol:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Leadfoot5 wrote:Hey guys, I haven't pulled the trigger on this game yet, but will probably break down soon. Any reason to buy the game for one platform over another?
The XBox One seems to be the platform of choice among DSP gamers, so if you're looking to focus more on Society play and tournaments, that would be your best bet. I have a pretty decent gaming PC:

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

The game is running so beautifully and fluidly on this system, between 60 and 75 FPS. We now have six members in the DSP PC Society, and I think there's eleven or twelve in the XBox One Society.
PC for pure game performance.

What JC said about the consoles....

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Ok I set up a 4 day event on Xbox with Yuma Desert Golf Club to start Friday as it couldn't overlap the current event which ends tomorrow. Black tees with 500 coin entry and 50% purse. Set Victory Village and Little Brook Manor with 100 coins entry fee and 50% purse to take place as single day events after the Yuma tournament is done and that will end the first season with 5 events.
Last edited by vader29 on Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

vader29 wrote:Ok I set up a 4 day event on Xbox with Yuma Desert Golf Club to start Friday as it couldn't overlap the current event which ends tomorrow. Black tees with 500 coin entry and 50% purse. Set Victory Village and Little Black Brook with 100 coins entry fee and 50% purse to take place as single day events after the Yuma tournament is done and that will end the first season with 5 events.
Nice!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25