HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Post by 10spro »

That was bad Diablo. It took you four putts, come on... :twisted:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

DivotMaker wrote:Here are a couple of hints. I recommend using the y button Scout Cam on the green and then use the swing stick to rotate the camera so you can see behind the cup. That may help you see some breaks that aren't readily apparent.

Another great use of the scout cam is to hit the Y button, then pull the camera down as low to the ground as it can go and view the break of the mound from behind the pin. This is my MO until they fix this in a future update.

Downhill putts simply take a TON of practice and a deft touch.

Hope this helps.
Massive, MASSIVE help. Went home at lunch and practiced this--although it will still take some work to get used to the camera switches and what "putting camera" actually controls, this instantly helped me improve ten-fold.

Case in point:

http://xboxclips.com/Rockjaw+McGraw/2f4 ... 5cee7dea06

It instantly went from frustrating to at least being able to see the undulations and different angles on the green (had no idea I could pan the camera like that), and my mistakes were very clearly my mistakes from that point on. But I was able to drill some beauties and at least come closer than I used to on almost every putt that I attempted during my lunch hour.

So, thank you again!

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Just picked it up :)
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Two links that will help you keep track of new courses and ported courses from TGC 1, both real and fantasy:

All courses: http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?board=74.0

Real courses only: http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=18986.0

Bomber's outstanding version of Pebble Beach is ported to TGC 2, and Craig LeVasseur's magnificent version of the Old Course at St. Andrews also is available for TGC 2. Can't wait for Craig's Magnolia National (Augusta) to arrive on TGC 2.

Besides ArcticFury's incredible Ethalwind, I also recommend anything by Crazycanuck1985. He already has ported his Denali Club and Shaliath. Denali Club was one of the true gems of TGC 1; I never played Shaliath.

Another TGC 2 course getting raves is Valle de los Reyes, a Seve Ballesteros-inspired course in Spain. More details: http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=19150.0

Man, we're just scratching a tiny itch with these new courses. Wait until all the ace designers start porting their work from TGC 1 and creating new tracts for TGC 2. And they're all FREE.

Rory what? :)

Enjoy, fellas!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

I thought all TGC1 courses were importable into the new version?
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

#$&%€¢!!!!!!!! Damn game is too much like real golf... Lol. Was sitting pretty at -2 through 12, then the wheels fell off. Ended the tourney round at +fuggin 5. Really fudged 9 and 18. Damn! :twisted:
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

The game rolls out the red carpet for me by saying there are no courses available to play .. under any option I choose :)

(ps4)
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So I don't know why I thought to do this but I plugged in a different XB1 controller one that has been barely used and while it took me 4 holes to get used to it I can hit a lot straighter shots now. Something to consider if things are going awary.

I had my driver fitting today spending 90 minutes hitting on a trackman and swapping out heads and shafts with a PGA Pro. I'll have a new driver in 10 days that added 20 yards to my carry distance, .improves my smash factor which I was told is really high to begin with and a much tighter grouping of shots all for only $800.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

FifaInspected wrote:I thought all TGC1 courses were importable into the new version?
They are. But the server problems are preventing some imports, and many top course designers are doing touch-ups of their TGC 1 creations to adjust to the new ball physics and take advantage of the better graphics before unleashing them to the public in TGC 2.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I've got a weird one for you guys saying something's wrong with the putting in the game. I chipped a shot up hill towards the green. The ball went up and over the crest down towards the flag. The ball stopped and spun back over the same crest and wound up pretty much where it started.

Granted I know jack sh*t about golf but is the even possible in real life? The other thing I notice when putting on a rolling green is that if you don't get the ball pasr the incline the ball comes back at you real fast. You would think that friction from the grass would slow and stop the ball when on a slight gradual drop.
Last edited by Rodster on Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

pk500 wrote:
FifaInspected wrote:I thought all TGC1 courses were importable into the new version?
They are. But the server problems are preventing some imports, and many top course designers are doing touch-ups of their TGC 1 creations to adjust to the new ball physics and take advantage of the better graphics before unleashing them to the public in TGC 2.

That's good news. I'd hate to not be able to play the crappy courses I sunk countless hours making :)
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Rodster wrote:I've got a weird one for you guys saying something's wrong with the putting in the game. I chipped a shot up hill towards the green. The ball went up and over the crest down towards the flag. The ball stopped and spun back over the same crest and wound up pretty much where it started.

Granted I know jack sh*t about golf but is the even possible in real life? The other thing I notice when putting on a rolling green is that if you don't get the ball pasr the incline the ball comes back at you real fast. You would think that friction from the grass would slow and stop the ball when on a slight gradual drop.
You're right that does sound a little extreme. In real life I have rarely ever seen that. Maybe a few holes I play a year are steep enough and the grass short enough so the ball will roll back if I don't make the plateau. I suppose if we played on PGA greens that are like glass table tops it would be more possible, but I doubt it.
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

TCrouch wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:Here are a couple of hints. I recommend using the y button Scout Cam on the green and then use the swing stick to rotate the camera so you can see behind the cup. That may help you see some breaks that aren't readily apparent.

Another great use of the scout cam is to hit the Y button, then pull the camera down as low to the ground as it can go and view the break of the mound from behind the pin. This is my MO until they fix this in a future update.

Downhill putts simply take a TON of practice and a deft touch.

Hope this helps.
Massive, MASSIVE help. Went home at lunch and practiced this--although it will still take some work to get used to the camera switches and what "putting camera" actually controls, this instantly helped me improve ten-fold.

Case in point:

http://xboxclips.com/Rockjaw+McGraw/2f4 ... 5cee7dea06

It instantly went from frustrating to at least being able to see the undulations and different angles on the green (had no idea I could pan the camera like that), and my mistakes were very clearly my mistakes from that point on. But I was able to drill some beauties and at least come closer than I used to on almost every putt that I attempted during my lunch hour.

So, thank you again!
Anytime!

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Question. Can we play a tourney round live with another player? seems like with live rivals.
Would anyone be up for playing the first round with me, live in a party, turn by turn, you can do all your pre shot stuff before hand and play whos up.
Seems like it would be fun thing to try.

im ready any time tonight and im just getting my drink on so make it snappy :mrgreen: or it could get ugly.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

The guy that made Pebble Beach (great version), Friend bomber, has one called Matterhorn GC. BEAUTIFUL.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Still having troubles trying to get into the society menu or even search for courses by name. Rough rough rough.
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I can't even get a course to come up to play, it's been5 days these ass clowns need to get their s*** together.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Literally can't do anything. Can't play a round as it find no courses, career spins for 10 minutes puts me back to main menu. My 4500 coins are gone, what a mess this is.
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I would love to design a course I used to play on years ago, but man... That course editor is intimidating.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote:I would love to design a course I used to play on years ago, but man... That course editor is intimidating.
It can be. Sculpting land and stuff is tough. I plan on giving it a go once the server issues have stabilized.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

the course editor is crack and is not all that complicated. I learned by watching youtube videos. It's a riot. You can literally put a lump or dip anywhere, of any size. I've logged many hours and despite being satisfid with my stuff it still looks like a 3rd-grade art project compared to what the designer is capable of. In my opinion, the editior is worth the price of admission alone. In a shocking server development i was able to import one of my courses from the first version with no issues at all :)

I also had the issue where no courses were showing. It lasted about 10 minutes then suddenly it was fine.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

That was a a nice foursome by the Dragons, gotta do it again. It took a bit to find out how to set up a live game but other than me not seeing the other three guys we managed to get 6 holes before we moved over to hockey.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

10spro wrote:That was a a nice foursome by the Dragons, gotta do it again. It took a bit to find out how to set up a live game but other than me not seeing the other three guys we managed to get 6 holes before we moved over to hockey.
Yes that was awesome fun. Last 5 minutes of our gameplay:

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Accepted SportDan, MERACE, and FIFA Insepected in the PS4 DSP Society after getting home from work this morning, also accepted MERACE in the PC DSP Society.

Meanwhile, I've changed my player to Tour clubs in all platforms, and went from shooting 63's to 65's, to 72' and 74's. I love the dynamics of Tour clubs though, it's where I belong for long term enjoyment of this game.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

FifaInspected wrote:the course editor is crack and is not all that complicated. I learned by watching youtube videos. It's a riot. You can literally put a lump or dip anywhere, of any size. I've logged many hours and despite being satisfid with my stuff it still looks like a 3rd-grade art project compared to what the designer is capable of. In my opinion, the editior is worth the price of admission alone. In a shocking server development i was able to import one of my courses from the first version with no issues at all :)

I also had the issue where no courses were showing. It lasted about 10 minutes then suddenly it was fine.
Hmmmm.... if you got to the Society membership request page (I accepted your request this AM), I'm surprised you can't search for courses. Select "Play" and then on the course screen, select "Friend's Played" and see if that doesn't yield some results.