Battlefield 4

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Got my BF1 beta code today. I'm downloading now. I don't think it opens until the 31st though.
How did you get it? Signup at the EA BF site?
Sign up to become a BF 1 insider and hopefully it's not too late for a Beta code. And if you're a Gold member, just search for the Beta, it maybe available there too.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I got a code emailed to me this morning as well, so downloaded the 6.2GB file during my lunch hour and it was done with enough time for me to get a quick game of Conquest in.

Graphically, this game is a looker! Of course all DICE and Battlefield games are, but this one seems to take things up a notch visually. I've read that the framerates are all over the place on the PS4 version but I didn't notice any on the Xbox One while I played. Audio wise, this game nails it as well. I can't wait to pop my headset on later to hear it. Lots of action like you see in typical BF Conquest games. Very cool so see the old bi-planes flying around, calvary units, and using the old school guns that aren't the most accurate. I was able to rank up to Private in that game and it will give you an approximate time in minutes of how long it will take you to get to your next rank.

I wish this game was launching earlier in October (although I will be playing plenty of Forza Horizon 3 and XCOM 2), as this releases on the 21st and Titanfall 2 releases on the 28th. While I'll inevitably be getting both games, I'm going to devote a solid month or two with one before I get the next one.

Those that don't have a code, don't worry, this unlocks for everyone tomorrow. We get to play it through holiday weekend and EA will put an end to it sometime on Sept. 8th (just in time for the NFL football season to start).

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I downloaded and played a match over lunch and its solid. I'll be getting it at launch.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I haven't played the BF1 beta yet, but have to say the new U/I for BF4 is vastly improved.
GT = Wilk5280

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

My son and I played the beta today. It's super. Fun as hell. Just take my money, EA. Pre-ordering today so I can get $10 in certificates from Best Buy
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Man, the servers were swamped today. While yesterday was fine I managed to get in only for a quick game of Rush, after not succeeding for half a day. I am preordering this one too for sure.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:Man, the servers were swamped today. While yesterday was fine I managed to get in only for a quick game of Rush, after not succeeding for half a day. I am preordering this one too for sure.
Yep. Servers totally jacked up last night. But my son and I got in a few games of Conquest yesterday afternoon. So much fun.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:
10spro wrote:Man, the servers were swamped today. While yesterday was fine I managed to get in only for a quick game of Rush, after not succeeding for half a day. I am preordering this one too for sure.
Yep. Servers totally jacked up last night. But my son and I got in a few games of Conquest yesterday afternoon. So much fun.
Apparently EA was under attack yesterday by a group called DDoS creating havoc with games like BF1. I even had issues with Madden too for a couple for hours.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I didn't need a code at all...it was a tile on the Xbox menu...just downloaded and ready to go. Haven't played it yet, but looking forward to it.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I didn't need a code at all...it was a tile on the Xbox menu...just downloaded and ready to go. Haven't played it yet, but looking forward to it.
The "early beta" code gave recipients a one-day jump over the public beta. Wow, what a sterling perk ... :)

BF1 is a hell of a lot of fun. Really cool to adjust to single-shot rifles instead of semi-auto and auto assault rifles of BF4 and BF: Hardline. Attacks from horseback also have that Red Dead Redemption feel, which scores HUGE points with my youngest son, an RDR zealot.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

BF1 beta is terrific. Such a refreshing change of pace from modern and even space-age combat that is dominating other shooter franchises.

Guaranteed Day One purchase for me. No effing brainer. Pre-ordering to get additional $10 coupon from Best Buy.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Loving it too. Just wished some punks would be more goal objective oriented than just killing and definitely tank drivers needed. :roll:

Luv my MP 18 trench and model 10A factory shotgun. Also digging my medic class although no one seems to heal anymore. Arggh.

Reached level 22 so far, a couple of days left for the Beta folks.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Finally got some substantial time with the beta last night and I agree...the game is the tits. I'll be a Day 1 guy :)
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I haven't played this in a while, but all Battlefield 4 DLC is free to "buy" through this weekend. No reason not to sign in and claim it all to your account.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Naples39 wrote:I haven't played this in a while, but all Battlefield 4 DLC is free to "buy" through this weekend. No reason not to sign in and claim it all to your account.
BF4 still has plenty of legs for me and will continue to do so even though I'm purchasing BF1 on Day 1. Loved that demo.

But BF4 is modern combat while BF1 takes place in World War I, so there's still plenty of room for me for BF4 because it takes place in a different era. BF4 is a superb game that continues to stand tall despite the ticking clock.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
Naples39 wrote:I haven't played this in a while, but all Battlefield 4 DLC is free to "buy" through this weekend. No reason not to sign in and claim it all to your account.
BF4 still has plenty of legs for me and will continue to do so even though I'm purchasing BF1 on Day 1. Loved that demo.

But BF4 is modern combat while BF1 takes place in World War I, so there's still plenty of room for me for BF4 because it takes place in a different era. BF4 is a superb game that continues to stand tall despite the ticking clock.
Absolutely true...I actually went and bought it for the PC a few days ago, because it's still a damn good online shooter.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Reinstalled this game today from EA Access. Played it tonight for the first time probably this year.

Holy f*ck -- I forgot how good this game is as a modern FPS. The graphics are a bit dated, and the collision detection can be wonky in places. But damn, BF4 still stands up as a fantastic game. Had a riot!

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Yep, it's in my rotation.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

pk500 wrote:Reinstalled this game today from EA Access. Played it tonight for the first time probably this year.

Holy f*ck -- I forgot how good this game is as a modern FPS. The graphics are a bit dated, and the collision detection can be wonky in places. But damn, BF4 still stands up as a fantastic game. Had a riot!
My favorite multiplayer shooter ever. Love the class balance, the maps are great, and I feel like there's something for everyone whether you want to snipe, fly, tank, support, or Rambo your way through matches.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

LOVE BF4. Great game. Love the modern weapons and maps.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25