XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by Rodster »

Just wanted to share some info. I have a Day One XONE and the left analog stick on the controller started to drift which would cause a character to automatically start walking followed by a run or the menu selection would start scrolling/rolling up. I took the back covers of the grips off and loosened the 4 torx screws and that seems to have fixed it.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:Just wanted to share some info. I have a Day One XONE and the left analog stick on the controller started to drift which would cause a character to automatically start walking followed by a run or the menu selection would start scrolling/rolling up. I took the back covers of the grips off and loosened the 4 torx screws and that seems to have fixed it.
Thanks for the tip, Rod. One of my controllers has a wandering left stick, so I'll try this fix before spending $50-60 on a new one.

Quick question: What do you mean by "grips?" Something rubber? My Xbox One controller is all plastic. I see no Torx screws anywhere. Maybe I'm blind.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It is no secret that the make of the X1 controller especially during the first year and change were poorly made. If you live nearby a MS store and mention about the left stick drifting, they all know about the problem. Thing is it affects certain games more than others, NHL was a pain in the arse for me but I just recently got my forth controller from them, no questions asked.

They may ask you when you bought the controller, just mentioned less than a year and no receipt is required.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

10spro wrote:It is no secret that the make of the X1 controller especially during the first year and change were poorly made. If you live nearby a MS store and mention about the left stick drifting, they all know about the problem. Thing is it affects certain games more than others, NHL was a pain in the arse for me but I just recently got my forth controller from them, no questions asked.

They may ask you when you bought the controller, just mentioned less than a year and no receipt is required.
I got crucified in the beginning of this gen because I said the XB1 controller was built like sh*t compared to the PS4. I've had to have two replaced on my XB1 as well and none of my PS4 controllers have had any issues and I've played the PS4 at least 4:1 in terms of gaming time. The most recent XB1 controller I got w/ the mic on the bottom is much better overall but damn that initial run of controllers were crap.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
I got crucified

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Rodster wrote:Just wanted to share some info. I have a Day One XONE and the left analog stick on the controller started to drift which would cause a character to automatically start walking followed by a run or the menu selection would start scrolling/rolling up. I took the back covers of the grips off and loosened the 4 torx screws and that seems to have fixed it.
THANKS! One of my controllers are doing this.. I'll try this as well.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:
Thanks for the tip, Rod. One of my controllers has a wandering left stick, so I'll try this fix before spending $50-60 on a new one.

Quick question: What do you mean by "grips?" Something rubber? My Xbox One controller is all plastic. I see no Torx screws anywhere. Maybe I'm blind.
The grips are what you place your hands on the controller. If you flip the controller on it's backside you'll notice a cutout along the edge of the controller. That's a cover on each side. Use a flat edge screwdriver, butter knife etc and separate to remove the covers.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

fyi... Best Buy will have PS4 AND XBO Controllers for sale on BF for $39.99. I am sure Amazon will match or do better.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Thanks, Rod!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

New XB update available now. downloading. excited.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I just ordered a new camo controller from BB. Both of mine are wore down pretty good. :)

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

the BC is really nice. It's like a xbox360 in the xbox one. Saw some of my games got transferred over but not the saves. I guess I have to go back to the 360 and upload the saves to cloud.

Dirt 3 is really fun using the XBO controller. I remember on 360 i had trouble controlling the car but on ONE its' nice.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Tried some of my 360 games with the update. Was playing 'Call of Juarez, Gunslinger', what a fun western shooting game it was.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Update on the XONE controller drift problem. It came back so I took the top cover off and a quick spray of tuner cleaner inside the analog nub fixed it....again. I'll test it and update in the next few days if it reappears.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Looking forward to downloading the Xbox One update this evening. Lost track of time playing FO4 on the PS4.

Regarding the new update for the PS4, it has screwed up mine and many others when you put it in rest mode. It literally won't boot back up from rest mode with the controller. There's a fix someone posted, and it literally took me a good 10 minutes to go through the process to get the PS4 back up and running. Until it gets resolved, I won't be using this feature.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:Looking forward to downloading the Xbox One update this evening. Lost track of time playing FO4 on the PS4.
I know everyone likes to pin me as the XB1 hater, but MS really keeps trying to drive me away further. They really like to busy up the interface. It's not an improvement IMO...slightly faster, but more convoluted overall. The whole Metro software standard that MS likes to use really needs to be retired and re-worked.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I'm not big on the new interface myself... need to get used to it I guess.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I'm very pleased with backward compatibility so far. A seamless experience.

Checked the "Ready to Download" tile to the far right of my Games and Apps section, and I noticed about six Xbox 360 games that I owned digitally and are part of the BC program, ready to download. Clicked one button to download each, and all of my saves from the cloud were transferred with the game to my hard drive. Games fired up with no problem.

There aren't a ton of BC games I will play, but it's a very nice option. I think I'll try Fallout 3 -- which I bought for the 360 in a Microsoft online Christmas sale and never played -- before I buy Fallout 4. Nice to have games like DIRT 3, NBA Jam and Rainbow Six Vegas back in my collection, too.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:Looking forward to downloading the Xbox One update this evening. Lost track of time playing FO4 on the PS4.
I know everyone likes to pin me as the XB1 hater, but MS really keeps trying to drive me away further. They really like to busy up the interface. It's not an improvement IMO...slightly faster, but more convoluted overall. The whole Metro software standard that MS likes to use really needs to be retired and re-worked.
Agree.

It's better than the previous one but still has that windows feel to it. The store is still sh1t.

They should just go back to the 360 UI for XBO and i'll be happy. But they won't do that.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I'm not a power user by any means. I just launch games, tv, and browse the store. Up once I found those things, I didn't really care about the UI. UI is confusing, but once I found the 3 things I do. No big deal.
Last edited by greggsand on Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Just give it time. After a few days it will feel more 'familiar'. I've had the new interface for about two weeks and I like it a lot better than the old one.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Four available BC games for which I'm most grateful:

-- NBA Jam
-- DIRT 3
-- Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
-- Fallout 3

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

I am really bummed out about the tomb raider game being an exclusive to xb1. It's only for a year, but still. Is this going to become a common theme now in gaming where one system gets a one year exclusive? I can't fathom why they would pick xb1 over ps4, but I guess Microsoft must have come with a boat load of money. As good as tomb raider sounds, is it really a system seller? I don't know many folks who will buy an xb1 just for tomb raider. I'd love to play it now, but I only play about 2-3 hours a week so I can't justify an xb1 also.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

fletcher21 wrote:I am really bummed out about the tomb raider game being an exclusive to xb1. It's only for a year, but still. Is this going to become a common theme now in gaming where one system gets a one year exclusive? I can't fathom why they would pick xb1 over ps4, but I guess Microsoft must have come with a boat load of money. As good as tomb raider sounds, is it really a system seller? I don't know many folks who will buy an xb1 just for tomb raider. I'd love to play it now, but I only play about 2-3 hours a week so I can't justify an xb1 also.
I don't see why you're bitching about a one year MS exclusivity? I would love to play Bloodborne on the PC but phucking SONY locked it up as a lifetime exclusive. My advice is to just suck it up and wait the year. You'll be play TR a lot sooner than me or others will play Bloodborne on the PC. And to answer your question, yes it's a trend that's been going on for many years now.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

fletcher21 wrote:I am really bummed out about the tomb raider game being an exclusive to xb1. It's only for a year, but still. Is this going to become a common theme now in gaming where one system gets a one year exclusive? I can't fathom why they would pick xb1 over ps4, but I guess Microsoft must have come with a boat load of money. As good as tomb raider sounds, is it really a system seller? I don't know many folks who will buy an xb1 just for tomb raider. I'd love to play it now, but I only play about 2-3 hours a week so I can't justify an xb1 also.
Just buy xb then. Some upcoming Holiday deals will make it around $250.