NHL 16

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NHL 16

Post by Jimmydeicide »

:lol: :lol: Thats not Tapper.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

dp

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

:lol: :lol:

Thats great and totally gayer.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XXXIV wrote::lol: :lol:

Thats great and totally gayer.
Love it :lol:
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Wonder if this will still be in the game? Had another one of a similar vein but forgot to utter the magic XB1 words.

"Odd goal" :lol: :lol:

Must repeat that EA access is cool. Playing NHL 15 and Madden 15 today was entertaining.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Overhead gameplay footage tomorrow from NHL 16
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Some NICE subtle improvements

https://youtu.be/0rqbrM82MvY

+ shot protectors. Anybody still use those?

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Also, Crossovers.

If they can add in all the OLD modes, this may be pretty f***in' good.

I want in on the Dragons this year too. I can play anywhere, but am a good stay at home D in EASHL. A rarity.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I'm actually pretty pleased. Real gameplay stuff instead of dancing mascots. I think their focus of subtle movement on defense is a good choice.

Also good stuff here:

Hey Everyone,

Within the next hour we will be releasing our first NHL 16 dev diary that focuses on gameplay balance on our wider social channels. This video will showcase Precision Skating and Seamless Puck Pickups and how they help make NHL 16 more balanced and competitive from every position on the ice. We know that overhead gameplay is something this community is always looking for, so we wanted to also give everyone here an early look at a gameplay clip. This in-game capture was taken last night and we think it does a good job at showing some of the more subtle improvements made to gameplay, specifically on the defensive side of the puck. This particular game was played under the Hardcore Game Style and All-Star difficulty level.

Things to look out for:

1:50 – Silfverberg shoves Sustr from behind who loses control of the puck in a subtle stumble.

1:25 – Silfverberg’s stick makes contact with the defenders legs which causes him to lose control of the puck.

1:19 – Stick on stick contact from backside pressure, which causes Silfverberg to fan on the shot. Sustr picks up the puck but loses control after running into traffic.

0:57 – AI defender Vatanen makes a smart pinch after holding the blueline and picks up the puck in stride.

0:55 – AI defender Sustr shows strong facing when he parks in front of his net early. His good position helps him pick off a cross-crease pass and is able to quickly transition out of the zone.

0:46 – AI defender doesn’t have enough time to react and just misses defensive deflection on the pass from behind the net. Boyle takes an unsettled one-timer and the shot goes wide.

0:42 – The relative speed of the pass is too hard for the Anaheim player to handle in close proximity so he bobbles the pass before picking it up with control.

0:38 – AI defender Coburn is in good position and cuts off the passing lane from the streaking offensive winger.

0:33 – AI defender is able to get a stick into the passing lane, but the puck still deflects to Kucherov who is able to corral the puck. This slight break-up in timing forces Filppula to drag his foot to stay onside.

0:30 – Kucherov turns the puck over as he gets rubbed out into the boards. The strong backcheck and defensive support from Thompson leads to a quick breakout for Anaheim.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Love the overhead view, which is what I use for EASHL. Skating looks really good, besides Fifa my most look forward EA sports title.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

I love that camera view. The only one that works well.

I'd love to be able to do what FIFA does and be able to control the entire team in be a pro. Such a better way to do it,

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

Very promising. Like others have said I like the subtle improvements to defense. If it plays like advertised this will be the first NHL game I've bought in two years.
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Look great.. only game I purchase on release via digital. I've played much more x360 NHL 15 this year.. but I'm excited for the changes this year to current gen. Overhead looks good.. I use classic but overhead looks like you can see your D men in the zone.

Can't wait for real NHL to start up or for NHL 16!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Besides the nice overhead look, a couple of other things came to mind, and it's definitely an improvement over NHL 15. On a loose puck around the board, I can see a Duck player trying to pick it on his backhand as the angle of the puck and the position of the closest Bolt player made the backhand retrieval the most natural choice.

Also notice how a Bolt player smartly intercepts a pass thru the crease and starts a new play. The shielding around the boards and passing all the way to the opposite side is a nice touch. Just subtle AI improvements that it's welcoming to see.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

10spro wrote:Besides the nice overhead look, a couple of other things came to mind, and it's definitely an improvement over NHL 15. On a loose puck around the board, I can see a Duck player trying to pick it on his backhand as the angle of the puck and the position of the closest Bolt player made the backhand retrieval the most natural choice.

Also notice how a Bolt player smartly intercepts a pass thru the crease and starts a new play. The shielding around the boards and passing all the way to the opposite side is a nice touch. Just subtle AI improvements that it's welcoming to see.
Agreed... I'm on superstar now on x360 as I won the cup and it's more challenging for sure. Allstar kicked my butt on xb1 though.. so I wonder how difficulty will be in 16 with the added AI improvements?

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Sorry guys, it's going to suck. Operation Sports folks say so. I mean, the lack of a 5 man hug and the fact that they had programmers putting mascots in instead of doing in-depth AI, suxxors!

Sorry, I blacked out for a minute there, too much reading OS on tapatalk while at work.

I like what i saw very much from the Defensive AI. Hopefully no more cross crease one timers where my D man floats into the corner to check out the hot babe at the glass........ And it seems hitting has been tweaked so Jordan Eberle can't get flattened from behind while he's skating AWAY from someone.

The OS folks are yammering about Neutral Zone Pressure, the goalies, and wanting a bunch of men to all hug when scoring.......

Maybe it's because I have lowered expectations now, but it would seem the tweaks they have done will be enough to get me on board. Evoluationary, not revolutionary.
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Gangrel wrote:
The OS folks are yammering about wanting a bunch of men to all hug when scoring.......
It isnt nice to make fun of special needs people.

and yeah I will take evolutionary.... or even just eashl.

I will believe any bullshit coming from these known liars when I see it. Like when its on my screen and I am playing.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

There is one poster over there who I ignore all of his posts because the game could have the highest metacritic score in sports gaming history and he would find something to gripe about.

Who gives a s*** about 5 man hugs after a goal is scored? (if you do, sorry it's just not something I care about)

My biggest gripe with NHL 15 on current gen was the horrible defensive AI by the CPU players. If they even fix that 50% I'll be happy. :) From what I saw of the video, the game looks less like an offensive slaughter than it did last year. Being able to see 25 shots in a game would be great.. instead of 45-55 on a regular basis because the defense always backs up too much and allows too many close range shots on goal.

Goalies need work.. but I don't think that's going to change much this year, unfortunately..

I'm all for more added to the arenas though... I typically play at least 3 full seasons each version, so not feeling like each arena is the same can only help with immersion. :)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

34 gets all the 5 man hugs he needs. :D
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I havent read OS in a while.

With all this group hug talk I feel I may have made the right choice.

They really need this?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Danimal wrote:34 gets all the 5 man hugs he needs. :D
More of these would be good! :lol: :lol:

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

From a single player perspective i agree with a lot of the stuff they gripe about at OS.
It would be nice if there was NZ pressure so you where forced to dump the puck or be able to chip and chase, you know play something that resembles what you see in the actual NHL.

What destroys single player for me is player switching, it drives me crazy the way it is now. They say they have tweaked it so ill be paying a lot of attention in that area.
Its hard enough trying to beat my lad as it is without not being able to switch to a guy closest to the puck. Thats all i want damn it.
The rest will be La Dragone.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Yes. I agree with some stuff from OS. I would love more NZ pressure, better board pinning, and actual cycling in the offensive zone. But EA obviously caters this to folks who want "authentic" hockey, not full simulation hockey. I have given up that dream with the death of 2k.

maybe I'm tired and old, but at this point if I can play a game and not throw my controller because the d man glides into the corner, or leaves a man wide open to attack a player who already has one or two defensive players covering him, I'll be happy.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

People should know by now they will always add "fluff" it's just the way it is. I want more stat overlays, more talk about your franchise (which is supposed to be in this year) and more penalties.

The video just made me happy watching it as it seemed more like hockey to me.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Exactly. People are happy to pay money to see Crosby pull off amazing moves. Only hardcores are happy to pay money to see a game full of chip and chase, and neutral zone traps.....