XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by sportdan30 »

Looking forward to the suspend/resume feature in tomorrow's PS4 update. I'm so used to it on the Xbox One, this is a very welcome feature.

Other updates include:

Customized button assignments for DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller.

Zoom for displayed pictures and inverted colors for all system functions, apps and in-game.

Text-to-speech for all graphical user interface, including Message and Party.

Enlarged text for all graphical user interface, including Message and Party, as well as the system’s browser.

Bolder fonts and higher contrast UI for all system applications (but will not apply to games or third-party applications).

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

When you upgrade, it automatically downloads the Playstation Now app, which I have no plans of subscribing to.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

FW 2.50 is causing problems with Killzone Shadow Fall when going into sleep mode.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

THE CREW is free right now on XBO and PS4 - Limited to 2 hrs.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Inuyasha wrote:THE CREW is free right now on XBO and PS4 - Limited to 2 hrs.
Rumor has it that you can also jam pencils into your eyes for free, and there is no limit. Not sure which I would prefer, The Crew or gouging out my eyes.

Also, there is a big time update, Phase 2 of the April Update, live right now. It adds voice messaging to the XB1 and dedicated servers for Party Chat.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

The Crew isn't too bad especially Free. Total arcade racer, reminds me of the burnout series. Really fun game thus far. Enjoying the geography aspect to the whole thing. No brainer for FREE.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Aristo wrote:
Also, there is a big time update, Phase 2 of the April Update, live right now. It adds voice messaging to the XB1 and dedicated servers for Party Chat.

where is the update? I didnt get a notification.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Forza 2 Fast and Furious FREE right now XBL.

Game is FUN AS HELL!

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Inuyasha wrote:The Crew isn't too bad especially Free. Total arcade racer, reminds me of the burnout series. Really fun game thus far. Enjoying the geography aspect to the whole thing. No brainer for FREE.
To each their own. I shut it off and deleted it after 20 minutes. I played better-driving arcade racing games on the original PlayStation. Horrid.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

http://youtu.be/rOlkCTwduHg

OTA HDTV coming to XB1. Can pause live TV up to 30 minutes and also stream TV to other devices in the household while playing games.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

pk500 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:The Crew isn't too bad especially Free. Total arcade racer, reminds me of the burnout series. Really fun game thus far. Enjoying the geography aspect to the whole thing. No brainer for FREE.
To each their own. I shut it off and deleted it after 20 minutes. I played better-driving arcade racing games on the original PlayStation. Horrid.
I played like 1 hour and erased it. Good idea but it got too repetitive fast.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Xbox 360 System Update for Preview Program Members – Now Supporting 2TB Hard Drives

http://majornelson.com/2015/04/09/xbox- ... d=13434775

Very nice, won't have to keep deleting stuff on my 250 GB drive to keep up with the free games every month.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

TheTruth wrote:http://youtu.be/rOlkCTwduHg

OTA HDTV coming to XB1. Can pause live TV up to 30 minutes and also stream TV to other devices in the household while playing games.
Coincidentally I just got a new OTA antenna installed motivated by the latest increase in my cable bill.

I found a device you can use now to run the OTA signal through XB1 via HDMI, like a cable box. The Mediasonic HW180STB can also be used as a DVR if you attach external storage. But if you want streaming to smartglass you need to buy the more expensive Hauppauge USB dongle.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

Guys, with all that's going on with my daughter, trying to get some normalcy for my 10 yo son. So I am thinking about getting an Xbox One as he played Forza 5 at a kiosk and just can't stop talking about it.

Few questions....1) With kinect or without? Which way to go....anyone that doesn't have it miss anything?
2) Any good deals out there? Needless to say, we are deep in medical costs, so any decent deals would help. 3) Any must have games? (not just for my little guy, but I do still play)
Last edited by grtwhtsk on Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

1) I have a Kinect, but I don't use it. You can double-tap the guide button and get most of what the voice commands were required to do before, as far as snapping things and recording stuff.

Unfortunately I don't know of anything about #2 and #3. If it's for a 10 year old, most of the games I know of wouldn't be something I'd recommend, sorry.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Steve:

Hope you're hanging in there, man.

1. Go without the Kinect. As Terry said, Microsoft has updated software to allow the controller to perform nearly all of the Kinect functions. Very few non-exercise or dance games use Kinect functionality very well. Microsoft has hung a tacit white flag on Kinect -- it's not worth the extra money and not needed, especially if you're just using the One primarily as a gaming device.

2. Keep your eye on cheapassgamer.com for One deals. Seriously -- that's a real site. A treasure trove of bargains for video game software and consoles.

3. Everyone's tastes are different. But Assassin's Creed Black Flag is a damn fun game, and it's selling as low as $10. Titanfall is a fun mech combat game that is available for $20 or less. Forza 5 can be found for $30 or less easily. I also recommend an EA Access subscription. For $30 per year, you will have complete, unlimited access to a ton of complete recent EA games through the Vault. Madden 15, NHL 15, Battlefield 4, NBA Live 15, Need For Speed Rivals, Plants vs. Zombies and UFC 15 all are available now. FIFA 15 should be available within a month or two.

Hope you can sneak some time on the One with us if you get one. We'd love to hear from you again, buddy.

Thinking and praying for you and yours.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

You should also check out Forza Horizon 2. It's not free anymore, but the Fast and Furious version is only $10 and really shows off what is great about the game. Plus, you an grab a full 1000 gamerscore in a day or two.

I concur with PK, EA Access is a great way to have a full slate of games instantly.

We run TV through our console, and the Kinect is used constantly for pausing and muting. I use it to record clips, and a few other things. It's not a necessity, but I like it. We really use it to launch Netflix, Youtube and other apps like that. But it's not like you can't do that with a controller.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Titanfall $7.99 new for Xbox One at Best Buy. Ridiculously smokin' deal for a VERY fun game:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/titanfall-x ... TRjQVAJglw

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Get XBO without Kinect. Unless you really need to integrate your tv and play more family oriented games.

I was PS4 for the first year but now I don't even touch it. XBox One is a great system, it's all I play now.

As others said, if you like Sports games, get EA Access. Yes there are some duds out there, but at least you're going to get NHL 15 and Madden 15. FIFA 14 is an excellent game as well and fun as hell. Or you can get FIFA 15 until Sunday for $39.99 at Best Buy.

Also since XBO is running far behind PS4 in sales, that's good for us users, because MS has tons of sales or free trails or giveaways . I've had a chance to play games that I would have never even considered trying before (i.e. Sniper Elite 3).

But if you do one thing, do this : GET FORZA HORIZON 2. It is fantastic! Screw Forza 5 unless you're into hardcore racing and pulling your hair out. FH2 is your racing game for this generation. Easy to pickup and play for all ages. And the best Next Gen Game thus far all consoles combined.

And the controller is top notch! Go for it!

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

Thanks so much guys! I am ready to go for it.....but going to try and be patient and find a decent deal. Can't wait!

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Also, depending on how much you like Halo, that bundle will be a really good deal. The game launched with a crap ton of issues, but they have them sorted out pretty well now. With ODST dropping soon, that's all five Halo games in one nice integrated package. All the solo games and all of the multiplayer maps are available from the main menu in the game. The solo play was 99% fine anyway, but it seems that matchmaking has finally been nailed down.

Another good game you can just download is Trials: Fusion. It's ridiculous fun for such a simple game. And the score chasing aspect is fantastic. I think all of the DLC is now out, so you might find a deal on all of the content in one package. I have all of the DLC, and there are some amazing tracks in the last couple that were released. Everyone on your friends list that has played it will show up in your leaderboards, and you get messages when people beat your times.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

NBA2K15 FREEEE TILL THIS SUNDAY ON XBO , GOLD MEMBERS!!!

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

Inuyasha wrote:NBA2K15 FREEEE TILL THIS SUNDAY ON XBO , GOLD MEMBERS!!!
Free to own or free to play this weekend and then you have to buy it if you want to keep playing?
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/22/846717 ... e-xbox-one
The NBA Playoffs enter their second week on Saturday, so Microsoft and 2K Sports figure it's as good a time as any to offer NBA 2K15 free on Xbox One from Friday through Sunday.

Xbox Live Gold subscribers can get a full copy of the game and will be able to play all of its modes and features, the Xbox Wire says. It will be available from 3 p.m. ET on Friday until 3:01 a.m. ET on Monday. After that, access expires, but saves, achievements and other progress associated with play is preserved in case the full title is purchased later.

An option to convert the trial access to a full purchase will be available, of course, and Microsoft is trying to sweeten that bargain with a discounted bundle that includes a wad of Virtual Currency, which is used to bling out created players in the game's MyCareer mode. The promo bundle will be $43.54, or 33 percent off the regular price.

Be advised that NBA 2K15 is a hefty download: 46.61 GB, one of the largest in the sports simulation genre, so plan accordingly, especially if you have slow internet.