The Order 1886

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

The Order 1886

Post by Sudz »

I ordered this one and then cancelled it last night. Just not hearing anything good. I'm 99% a single player gamer and the 5 hour issue had me worried.

anybody?

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Order 1886

Post by TCrouch »

I preordered it, and I'll keep my preorder. If I beat it in 5 hours, then so be it. Been there before with Ryse on XB1. I haven't read anything around on it, though, so maybe that helps.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I am getting it. Yes there's a video around of this dude finishing it in 5 hours. But apparently he went thru so many things gone unchecked while playing it CoD style. Not what this title is meant for. I am hearing between 8 and 12 hours if explored properly with a bunch of cut scenes in between. It's supposed to look gorgeous and I am keeping my pre-order.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/20 ... ive-hours/

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I like the sound of that. Speed runs have no interest to me.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Thanks for the feedback. Can you guys post some impressions once you snag it?

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

I'm in. Looks gorgeous.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

How does it play? well?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Sudz wrote:How does it play? well?
The release is on Friday.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I was all set to pick this up but reviews have been less than stellar. :(
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Good review and interview with the reviewer http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/19/806355 ... -exclusive

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I guess I am in the minority but I am glad I kept the pre-order. I can see why the current trigger be happy generation finds this game rather dull but for this aging dude, I am enjoying the story very much. Like wine, the older the setting, the better. 8) Perhaps it's not as gripping as the narrative in he 'Last of Us' but I don't agree with the mediocre reviews it got.

Gorgeous visuals describing the 19th century while the cinematics blend rather well with the gameplay. Again, I can see why this current no patience generation may choose to pass on this game, but there's something more than a third person shooter here.

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

10spro wrote:I guess I am in the minority but I am glad I kept the pre-order. I can see why the current trigger be happy generation finds this game rather dull but for this aging dude, I am enjoying the story very much. Like wine, the older the setting, the better. 8) Perhaps it's not as gripping as the narrative in he 'Last of Us' but I don't agree with the mediocre reviews it got.

Gorgeous visuals describing the 19th century while the cinematics blend rather well with the gameplay. Again, I can see why this current no patience generation may choose to pass on this game, but there's something more than a third person shooter here.
Agreed on all counts. I've really enjoyed the game.
-BK

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Still enjoying the game very much. I am probably half way thru the story which while not at par with 'The Last of Us' is still pretty good. It starts slow but as you get better weapons and the story unfolds it gets better and better. Here's a clip I took after yesterday's gameplay.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

My review;

http://maximumpixelation.com/2015/03/11 ... s4-review/

I loved the world, the characters and the story. The graphics and sound are amazing. I thought the gameplay was meh.

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

thanks, Livan. Will check it. Need the reading material, for this evening.

off topic: did you ever catch up to date with Archer? Your thoughts?

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Hey Vinny! No -unfortunately, I stopped after the second season. Playing soccer 4 times a week and kids have killed any other free time so it's often games vs. TV (and I pick the former). Will definitely be getting back into it soon!

re: The Order - we're both big fans of atmosphere and story in games, I think you'd enjoy The Order, I just wish it played better. If you paired the characters and setting from The Order with the gameplay of Gears of War you'd have a killer game.

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

Macca00 wrote:Hey Vinny! No -unfortunately, I stopped after the second season. Playing soccer 4 times a week and kids have killed any other free time so it's often games vs. TV (and I pick the former). Will definitely be getting back into it soon!

re: The Order - we're both big fans of atmosphere and story in games, I think you'd enjoy The Order, I just wish it played better. If you paired the characters and setting from The Order with the gameplay of Gears of War you'd have a killer game.
kewl. Feel you. Season 3 of Archer, was my personal fave. I believe you will freaking love it, when you resume the series.

on topic: thanks for word on The Order. Don't have PS4/Xbox1, however i enjoy reviews (from non IGN-Gamespot sites) as much as playing

edit: Fly site. Don't have internet where i work, offline/saved several of your reviews. Thanks, Lavan