Hotline Miami

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Hotline Miami

Post by MizzouRah »

Think I'll grab this one tonight off Steam for $10.. looks pretty damn cool in a sick sort of way. :)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/10 ... mi-review/

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hotline Miami

Post by Macca00 »

I'm going to post impressions on Maximum Pixelation soonish but yeah...that game is f***in CRAZY.

One of the most crazy, violent games I have played...and it's brilliant. The STEAM integration is still a bit wonky - I haven't been unable to unlock achievements as of late last night and early this morning but the game itself works.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Macca00 wrote:I'm going to post impressions on Maximum Pixelation soonish but yeah...that game is f***in CRAZY.

One of the most crazy, violent games I have played...and it's brilliant. The STEAM integration is still a bit wonky - I haven't been unable to unlock achievements as of late last night and early this morning but the game itself works.
Nice! Looks like I'll have some fun tonight! :)

what website is MP?

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

http://www.maximumpixelation.com

I played a bit more when I got home today. This game is something special - the gameplay loop is so addictive. The violence straddles this crazy line between something like Manhunt and slapstick (but violent) humor like Tom and Jerry.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Macca00 wrote:http://www.maximumpixelation.com

I played a bit more when I got home today. This game is something special - the gameplay loop is so addictive. The violence straddles this crazy line between something like Manhunt and slapstick (but violent) humor like Tom and Jerry.
Yeah the whole game is done very well, the soundtrack is freaking awesome too! Freaking crazy game though.. very addicting.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Excellent write up!

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Thanks, Mizzou!

Glad you're enjoying the game too. I've just discovered the beauty of knife throwing ;)

You're right about the soundtrack - it's awesome. It's on soundcloud now but once it's available for purchase I'm definitely getting it.

http://soundcloud.com/devolverdigital/s ... i-official

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Mizzou,

Did you finish (finish) the game?

What an absolute mind-f@$k of a story! Amazing stuff. There's a great thread on NEOGaf discussing it.

Great, great game. Also hands-down the videogame soundtrack of the year IMO.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Macca00 wrote:Mizzou,

Did you finish (finish) the game?

What an absolute mind-f@$k of a story! Amazing stuff. There's a great thread on NEOGaf discussing it.

Great, great game. Also hands-down the videogame soundtrack of the year IMO.
I've had only a little bit of time this weekend.. stuck on Chapter 4 I believe - the one with the dog. Almost beat it before soccer yesterday and the last guy killed me. :(

Soundtrack always gets my wife in the computer room to listen. :)

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

MizzouRah wrote: I've had only a little bit of time this weekend.. stuck on Chapter 4 I believe - the one with the dog. Almost beat it before soccer yesterday and the last guy killed me. :(

Soundtrack always gets my wife in the computer room to listen. :)
I think that 4th mission is the turning point - when you realize the two keys are speed, noticing where guys are looking, and traffic control. There's also a mask you can unlock that makes dogs ignore you/not attack. I found that and the door-kill masks were my favorites.

Doing my second playthrough now! ;)

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Has anyone given Hotline Miami 2 a try yet? Got it along w/ the first last night for 20 bucks but haven't given it a run yet.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Been playing the sequel the last 2 nights - it's more of the same, just harder. I'm loving it. If you like electronica/dance music the soundtrack is amazing.

I would play the original first before the sequel because HM2 has little to no learning curve - throws you right in and gets harder from there. Also the 'story' in the sequel is intertwined with the first game.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Macca00 wrote:Been playing the sequel the last 2 nights - it's more of the same, just harder. I'm loving it. If you like electronica/dance music the soundtrack is amazing.

I would play the original first before the sequel because HM2 has little to no learning curve - throws you right in and gets harder from there. Also the 'story' in the sequel is intertwined with the first game.
Gotcha. Thanks for the advice. I'll do that.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

db - not that I need to tell you - but play mouse/keyboard. You can play with controller and the console versions support that but it's so much better with m/k. You're also supposed to die lot - it's got that instant 'press R' to restart that Super Meat Boy has.

Ok, now I'm craving Hotline - can't wait to get home and play some more!!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Macca00 wrote:db - not that I need to tell you - but play mouse/keyboard. You can play with controller and the console versions support that but it's so much better with m/k. You're also supposed to die lot - it's got that instant 'press R' to restart that Super Meat Boy has.

Ok, now I'm craving Hotline - can't wait to get home and play some more!!
Will do. :)

Traveling a bunch next week, so I'll have lots of time to get into it at the hotel. Mouse & Keyboard in hand.