XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by pk500 »

Inuyasha wrote:Is titanfall worth it guys?
Abso-f*cking-lutely. Fantastic game.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Inuyasha wrote:Games on sale:
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare $10
Battlefield 4 $13.20
UFC $10
Need for Speed Rivals: Complete Edition $15
FYI: All of these are available for free in the EA Access Vault for $29 per year.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Thanks for the Titanfall tip, that was a steal. Now I just have to tear myself away from Dragon Age to play something else.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Brando70 wrote:Thanks for the Titanfall tip, that was a steal. Now I just have to tear myself away from Dragon Age to play something else.

Finish Dragons Age.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I didn't want to start another thread for this and since this one sees the most action.

Can anyone suggest a 4X space game that is turned based in regards to ship combat? Obviously I'm thinking PC here but mobile would work as well. I have Galatic Civ 2 and I'm looking for something a little less complicated
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

Danimal wrote:I didn't want to start another thread for this and since this one sees the most action.

Can anyone suggest a 4X space game that is turned based in regards to ship combat? Obviously I'm thinking PC here but mobile would work as well. I have Galatic Civ 2 and I'm looking for something a little less complicated
I have never actually played it but I hear Endless Space is pretty good. I've heard people claim it has the most intuitive UI out of any 4X game. Battles play out in a real time cinematic but all you do is issue simple commands based on how close you are to the enemy. I bought it for super cheap during a Steam sale but have yet to touch it :lol:
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

LAking wrote: I have never actually played it but I hear Endless Space is pretty good. I've heard people claim it has the most intuitive UI out of any 4X game. Battles play out in a real time cinematic but all you do is issue simple commands based on how close you are to the enemy. I bought it for super cheap during a Steam sale but have yet to touch it :lol:
I just lookd at my library, I own this LOL :) Thanks I will try it, I have played endless Legend and I love it.
Follow Me on:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Danimal wrote:
LAking wrote: I have never actually played it but I hear Endless Space is pretty good. I've heard people claim it has the most intuitive UI out of any 4X game. Battles play out in a real time cinematic but all you do is issue simple commands based on how close you are to the enemy. I bought it for super cheap during a Steam sale but have yet to touch it :lol:
I just lookd at my library, I own this LOL :) Thanks I will try it, I have played endless Legend and I love it.
Make sure you have the Disharmony DLC - it adds some more factions and improvements. I've played it a decent amount lately and have really gotten into it. Lords of the Black Sun isn't too bad.. but not as deep or polished as ES, but a bit easier to learn.

Just start off with ES on easy and read thorough the tutorial stuff - it can be a bit overwhelming but if you have EL, ES should be fairly easy to learn and it's just as beautiful as EL. ;)
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Late to the (dance) party but I got Just Dance 2015 for the XBONE and the entire family has been having a riot. My kids played the Wii version a few weeks ago at a birthday party so I decided to get it and the Xbox version because of the Kinect is fantastic. Both kids and even my wife really got into it and there's a lot of fun stuff with the camera.

I've always used the voice commands on the Kinect but never felt that the camera was much use until now.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Macca00 wrote:Late to the (dance) party but I got Just Dance 2015 for the XBONE and the entire family has been having a riot. My kids played the Wii version a few weeks ago at a birthday party so I decided to get it and the Xbox version because of the Kinect is fantastic. Both kids and even my wife really got into it and there's a lot of fun stuff with the camera.

I've always used the voice commands on the Kinect but never felt that the camera was much use until now.
Yeah, about the only game that my Kinect is made for good use currently besides snapping. Kids love it especially when I make a fool of myself.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Macca00 wrote:Late to the (dance) party but I got Just Dance 2015 for the XBONE and the entire family has been having a riot. My kids played the Wii version a few weeks ago at a birthday party so I decided to get it and the Xbox version because of the Kinect is fantastic. Both kids and even my wife really got into it and there's a lot of fun stuff with the camera.

So when can we expect an Xbox Record That video showing up in the friends activity feed? :P
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

My 2nd XB1, the one purchased in December is acting odd. Games constantly freeze and I should state all games on this one are digital downloads. Yesterday in madden it actually made a loud noise and booted us to the main xbox dash. I consistently lose connection to Live, but my other system is fine. The dash frezzes at load sometimes and other games just refuse to load as well.

Anyone had to send one back, what is the process?
Follow Me on:

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I get the weird loud noise and crash on Madden every now and then. I'm guessing it has happened 4 or 5 times in the 240 hours I have put in. I don't think that is actually related to your issues. It's a known problem with Madden 15, at least on the XB1.

Otherwise, I haven't had those issues.

The process to get repaired is pretty simple. Just go to xbox.com and select support. Go to the bottom of the page and select repair. You will be taken to a page where you can register the console if it is not already. You will then be able to choose the issue you are having. It will walk you through troubleshooting, which you can skip if you already covered it, and then set it up for repair.

I sent mine in for a bad disc drive the Monday after Christmas, and got back in abut 12 days.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Interesting - In another year or two 50GB going to be the norm maybe. They'll need to release a bigger HD for both consoles.

http://au.ibtimes.com/witcher-3-require ... on-1415672

skinsfan
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by skinsfan »

Inuyasha wrote:Interesting - In another year or two 50GB going to be the norm maybe. They'll need to release a bigger HD for both consoles.

http://au.ibtimes.com/witcher-3-require ... on-1415672
It already is, at least on PS4. In addition to GTA and KZ, both CoDs are around 50GB and BF4 w/expansions is 65. The Show is about 45.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Ryse is on sale brand new disc for $15 ebay. Is it worth getting even for that cheap of a price? Or is it just a button mashing game?

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Ryse is kinda cool. Total button masher, but looks pretty good. I'd give it a B.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Inuyasha wrote:Ryse is on sale brand new disc for $15 ebay. Is it worth getting even for that cheap of a price? Or is it just a button mashing game?
You have absolutely no fear of the wrath of XXXIV or Danimal. I commend you, sir.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

TCrouch wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:Ryse is on sale brand new disc for $15 ebay. Is it worth getting even for that cheap of a price? Or is it just a button mashing game?
You have absolutely no fear of the wrath of XXXIV or Danimal. I commend you, sir.
:lol:

I thought that it was a good question. I wonder myself.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I just went "there are ten thousand ways to ask this on Google that would let me formulate a thought on this", like I usually do.

But in short--it's a total button masher. If you're afraid of that, it's for good reason. It's a short game. 4 or 6 hours.

It's the same repeated enemies from beginning to end. You don't unlock new move sets or anything like that. What you do at the start is what you do at the end.

And yet, I played through it all and enjoyed it. I think it's worth $15, but only if you know you're going to be playing a big-dumb-fun type of game. If you're concerned about repetitive button mashing, steer as far clear as you can.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

When I think of button mashers, I think of games in which I can just use my big power move over and over and beat it. I don't really feel like this is the case with Ryse. There is not a huge variant of enemies, but there are different ways you need to handle them based on how they come at you in groups. In some ways, I found the combat more interesting than in the Batman games. The difference is, of course, in the Batman games you have a lot of other cool stuff to do. In Ryse, it's beat down this group so you can meet the next group to beat down, even if they do throw in occasional diversions.

Basically, at $15, it's an easy buy. I think most folks that bought the game new for $40-$60 were mostly happy enough with it. It looks great, the voice acting is really well done, and it is fun to beat down the enemies.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

I'm pretty sure you do buy new moves and such as you progress thru the game. I haven't played in a long time but do remember buying new one person two person etc moves /combos/upgrades.

I would definitely not be afraid to get it on the cheap. Was/is a fun game with an ok story.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I posted this in the DEAL ALERT THREAD but here is where I got Forza 5 for $20 and the place selling RYSE for $15. It's legit, got it factory sealed brand new, no gimmicks.

http://stores.ebay.com/elmontevideogame ... 8185767014

Still thinking about Ryse.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

TheTruth wrote:I'm pretty sure you do buy new moves and such as you progress thru the game. I haven't played in a long time but do remember buying new one person two person etc moves /combos/upgrades.

I would definitely not be afraid to get it on the cheap. Was/is a fun game with an ok story.
They weren't new combat moves, they were just different "finishers" that gave you different boosts on a finisher kill. You still whittled guys down the same from dead guy #1 to dead guy #2000.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I was a given a free dload code for Ryse, but I'd say it easy still the best show off of 'next gen'. If you want to show some one what the Xbox one can do graphically, this is the game. That said, I never finished it. Game looks amazing.
Last edited by greggsand on Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474