OT: A personal message

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

mobiggins
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mobiggins »

Rob,
What terrible, heartbreaking news.
My condoleances and prayers go to you and your family.

Luc

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Rob, I am truly sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family will be in our prayers. Like Sport73 said, let us know if there is a specific charity you would like us to donate to.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Rob, my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your wife. I am truly sorry to hear this.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

Rob, I can't even begin to imagine - deepest condolences on your loss, mate.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Thank all of you for your kind thoughts and words. It really does help to have this kind of support. I wish I had the time to thank each of you individually, but until I do, allow this to suffice.

A few of you asked about donations in Molly's name. I'll attach the obit, which contains the contact info. Thanks in advance for any support.

Molly Elizabeth Varak, age 4 months, of Naperville, IL, died Friday, January 28, 2005, beloved daughter of Robert and Jean (nee McNulty) Varak, dear granddaughter of Robert and Marian McNulty and Frank and Barbara Varak; great-granddaughter of Ann Varak; loving sister Katherine Varak. Funeral Wenesday, February 2, 2005, 9:15 a.m. from Beidelman-Kunsch Funeral Home, 24021 West Royal Worlington Dr. (Rt. 59) Naperville, IL to a 10 a.m. Mass of Christian burial at Holy Spirit Catholic Community, 2003 111th St., Naperville, IL. Interment Risen Lord Cemetery, Oswego, IL. Visitation will be at the funeral home on Tuesday, February 1, 2005 from 4 to 8 p.m. Memorials in memory of Molly Elizabeth Varak, American SIDS Institute, 509 Augusta Dr., Marietta, GA. 30067. Info 630-355-0264. www.beidelmankunschfh.com.
Published in the Chicago Tribune on 1/31/2005.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

Rob,

Nothing more to say save that i echo each and everything everyone else here has said. As a father of two i can only imagine how you feel. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Mike

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheGamer »

RobV, man I'm so sorry for your loss. My families thoughts and prayers are with you.

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

My heartfelt condolences for your loss Rob. Words really aren't adequate at a time like this.

Doug

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I'm not one who recites or has memorized many Bible verses, but this one seems pretty appropriate right now, especially as my heart has just plain hurt all damn day for Rob and his family:

"Blessed are they who mourn for they shall be comforted.'' (Matthew 5:4)

And the prayer of St. Francis, which I learned again and again in Catholic school, also seems appropriate:

Lord, make us instruments of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let us sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is discord, union;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.
Grant that we may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen.

Thoughts and prayers again, Rob, to you and yours.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

MUTTS
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by MUTTS »

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Tony

FloridaGators
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by FloridaGators »

I am very sorry, Rob. I haven't got to know you like the other guys around here because I don't game online but my prayers are with you. My condolences.

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

Rob, you and your family are in my prayers. If there is anything I can do, please do not hesitate to ask.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Oh, Rob:

I've heard that little one on many a night through your headset. Man, there are no words. My wife and I lost a little boy last year six months into the pregnancy, but even that pales in comparison.

Friend, you know I'll pray for you and your wife. I've got a band of men that will know about this in just a few minutes, and you will have a canopy of prayer over you. May God comfort you, Rob.

If you need anything, let me know. I feel so damned useless here, but I want to do what I can. I suppose praying is the only thing, but perhaps it's the best thing.

Take care of your wife, bro. Be as strong for her as you can. She's grieving in a way that is impossible for any man to understand. We'll be strong for you, buddy...

My deepest sympathies...
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

PantherFan
Mario Mendoza

Post by PantherFan »

Rob - I am deeply saddened by your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

My thanks to everyone again for your kind words of support. Even the briefest of them was extremely helpful.

My wife and I laid our little girl to rest this morning, and as you can imagine, it was incredibly difficult. I'm still having some trouble figuring out which way is up, but the support my family's had is just so enriching. We know that we were blessed to have her for the short time that we did, and despite our hardship, we know she's in a better place.

A special word of thanks to Scoop, who sacrificed his time in order to appear at Molly's wake last night. It was a selfless and thoughtful act that meant so much to my wife and I. It felt like he was a stand-in for all of you here at DSP, and his act of kindness will not be forgotten. His kindness at this time is typical of the support that we've gotten. My wife has been overwhelmed at the support that all of you guys have given me.

Like I said earlier, I'm beginning to think that some gaming may be beneficial. So don't be suprised if you see me online or in some other threads soon. The opportunity for theraputic time is limited right now, but I really need it. I think that videogames may really help in this regard. See you around soon.

Rob

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

We're here whenever you're ready, Rob.

Hang in there, pal. Frequent thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Same as PK. If you ever need to talk, either on Live or otherwise, let us know. Our thoughts and prayers are still with you.

fightingcamel
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by fightingcamel »

Deepest condolences on your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: OT: A personal message

Post by RobVarak »

Hey guys.

It's the 10th anniversary of Molly's passing, which means just seems impossible for so many reasons. In any event, I just didn't want this day to go by without acknowledging again how awesome the support that I've gotten from everyone here at DSP has been over the years.

Your generosity and support have been meaningful beyond words, even long after her death, and I just want to let you all know how much I appreciate it. So...thanks again.

I wish a few of the old timers who posted back in '05 were still rattling around here, though. :)

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Love you buddy.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Though it's been from afar, it's been a honor for *me* to watch you honor your daughter with the events you have run and posts you have made throughout the years. If I am ever in Chicago in October, I'll get to meet you in person. :D

All the best, Rob.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I sadly have not been able to make it to one of the Oktoberfest's. That definitely needs to change. This place has definitely helped me through some tough times. It's pretty damned cool how we have all been there for each other and gotten to know each other over the years.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Rob you are a good man. The best.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Rob,

God Bless and Best Wishes moving forward.

Tim

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

God bless you and your family, Roberto!