XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:Oh I got mine from the Microsoft store.

Unity bundle with traded in 360 for $250.
Solid deal, Dan-o. You earn the Cheap F*ck (TM) Seal of Approval. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So when I set up this 2nd XB1 can I use my Live profile on both of them, just not at the same time? I seem to remember in setting up the first one something about setting a primary XB1
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

"Halofest" on the XB1 Live Events app at 11 EST. Part of me would love to play thru the original Halo CE campaign in all its new glory but I have so many games right now. I may pick it up down the line. Maybe a BF deal. I'm looking forward to impressions from those of you who snag it tomorrow.
Last edited by Diablo25 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I might not go to bed tonight. Really can't wait.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Danimal wrote:So when I set up this 2nd XB1 can I use my Live profile on both of them, just not at the same time? I seem to remember in setting up the first one something about setting a primary XB1
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe Primary XB1 is all about allowing ANYONE to play downloaded games or use downloaded apps linked to your GT at any time on that console whether your GT is signed in or not. Whereas on any other XB1 on which you sign in, the downloaded games and apps you've got rights to can be played as well.

I don't remember anything about not being able to sign in on two consoles at once, but it does make sense for it not to be allowed. Hence the idea of the Primary XB1, where even if you are not signed in, all downloaded games and apps can be played by anyone.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Zep sighting!

Were you in quarantine after Brazil? :P

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:"Halofest" on the XB1 Live Events app at 11 EST. Part of me would love to play thru the original Halo CE campaign in all its new glory but I have so many games right now. I may pick it up down the line. Maybe a BF deal. I'm looking forward to impressions from those of you who snag it tomorrow.
It'll be great memories. Look forward to it tomorrow.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/7/707600 ... w-xbox-one

There's an update patch worth 20GB. 8O

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

If ms brought back 1 vs 100 I'd get one tomorrow. Why they ever get rid of it in the first place. Any news it coming back?

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Inuyasha wrote:If ms brought back 1 vs 100 I'd get one tomorrow. Why they ever get rid of it in the first place. Any news it coming back?
Something like it :D

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/27/535068 ... o-xbox-one

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

sportdan30 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:If ms brought back 1 vs 100 I'd get one tomorrow. Why they ever get rid of it in the first place. Any news it coming back?
Something like it :D

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/27/535068 ... o-xbox-one

I remember that article but it was back in Jan. They keep promising it but never deliver. It's probably never going to happen. A real shame because it's a system seller and a family and individual experience. When that game was up on 360, I have to say that was the peak of the 360 experience. I really loved seeing everyone's different avatars too.

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

So I was thinking of getting one of the xbox one bundles sometime in the next month or so. The original plan was the get the AC: Unity bundle w/ Kinect but since the game has been getting somewhat lousy reviews I might go with the Sunset Overdrive bundle instead. Unfortunately that one does not come with a Kinect. I know they plan on selling the Kinect separately pretty soon but does anyone here have one they don't use and would like to sell to me for a reasonable price once I end up buying the system?
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I loved that too!
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Playstation Vue, a Netfix type service for broadcast TV, is coming to PS4/PS3 next year.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/11/13/play ... v-service/
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Didn't feel like searching the forum...anyone have any good experiences with external HDs for the One or PS4? I'm looking to grab one soon and thought I'd bounce it off you guys first. Saw a few 1TBs for like $60-$70 over at Amazon but wanted feedback first.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:Didn't feel like searching the forum...anyone have any good experiences with external HDs for the One or PS4? I'm looking to grab one soon and thought I'd bounce it off you guys first. Saw a few 1TBs for like $60-$70 over at Amazon but wanted feedback first.
I just bought this one that was recommended by Vader not long ago. Easy set up.

http://www.amazon.com/HGST-Touro-Mobile ... 2C+hitachi

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Didn't feel like searching the forum...anyone have any good experiences with external HDs for the One or PS4? I'm looking to grab one soon and thought I'd bounce it off you guys first. Saw a few 1TBs for like $60-$70 over at Amazon but wanted feedback first.

and now you will buy NHL 15 for 360.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:
10spro wrote:

and now you will buy NHL 15 for 360.

I swear I saw Rammer in there. :twisted:

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

NPD OCTOBER :

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-to ... 0-6423582/

Here are the top 10 games in physical hardware sales from the NPD:

NBA 2K15 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC)
Super Smash Bros. (3DS)
The Evil Within (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PC)
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (360, PS3, PC)
Destiny (360, XBO, PS4, PS3)
Skylanders Trap Team (360, Wii, NWU, PS3, XBO, PS4, 3DS, MOB)
FIFA 15 (PS4, 360, PS3, XBO, Wii, PSV, 3DS)
Madden NFL 15 (360, PS4, PS3, XBO)
Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor (PS4, XBO, PC)
Minecraft (360, PS3, PS4)

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Pure Pool released today on the Xbox One for 12.99 plays a really good game of pool, graphics look great also.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Question for those of you who are using an external HD with the XB1...did you move EVERYTHING...games, apps, etc., to the new drive? Are there any positive/negatives to moving everything or only some things? I just snagged a 1TB HD and want to do it right.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:Question for those of you who are using an external HD with the XB1...did you move EVERYTHING...games, apps, etc., to the new drive? Are there any positive/negatives to moving everything or only some things? I just snagged a 1TB HD and want to do it right.
It doesn't really matter. What I did was move all my digital stuff to the external HD and kept the dics games in the X1.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

10spro wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Question for those of you who are using an external HD with the XB1...did you move EVERYTHING...games, apps, etc., to the new drive? Are there any positive/negatives to moving everything or only some things? I just snagged a 1TB HD and want to do it right.
It doesn't really matter. What I did was move all my digital stuff to the external HD and kept the dics games in the X1.
I just copy all of my games so if I have to delete and install them again I don't have to download all the updates and DLC like in Forza 5.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So I figured out how to share digital game which was pretty easy. However I'm not happy that you can access save games from a different profile.

My daughter played AC Black Flag on my profile and got pretty far while I was figuring out hot to fix the games thing so now she is stuck on my profile or starts over. Seems silly you can't share game saves.
Follow Me on:

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Speaking of sharing digital games....when Shadow of Mordor came out it "magically" appeared installed and ready to play on my hard drive and I couldn't figure out why because I didn't purchase the game.

Well, this past week Halo released and it also appeared on my hard drive except this time I noticed my nephew was playing Halo as well and I put two and two together. Mordor and Halo were the only digital games he had bought.

When the XBO came out last year my nephew came over and played some. He signed in using his live Account. Well, I guess when he signed in that set my Xbox one as his "home" console (he hadnt bought one yet). So since his home console was set to mine, even though I deleted his profile later, my console downloads all his digital purchases and anyone can play them using their own profile. I assume the alternate would be true as well, but we haven't tried it yet.

Anyway, if you only have one console in your house and have a family member or friend you want to share games with you can use this method. I guess it is kinda like the 360 when the kids wanted a game I would sign into their console and make the purchase so I could play and install it on my 360. The only difference the purchases aren't tied to the console it was made on...just the Xbox live account.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

That is exactly how it works and permitted by Microsoft.

You go to your friends, log in on your live account and set his Xbox to your home Xbox. This doesn't happen automatically so not sure why it did in yoru case. Then he logs on to your XB1 under his account and sets your XB1 to his home xbox. You can now play each others digital games and best of all you can both play online at once.
Follow Me on: