XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by Leebo33 »

I'm not sure why anyone would make fun of people wanting pretty graphics in the first place. Don't a lot of people buy expensive PCs/graphics cards just for the graphics? I mean, are there that many PC exclusives that would justify spending thousands on a gaming PC? Don't a lot of people spend to upgrade their phones every year or two when the primary advancements are better visuals (screens, graphics, resolution, cameras, etc). For many of us that don't game on PCs it was about time for a graphical upgrade on consoles so why wouldn't that be an important factor in the decision making process?

Maybe people just didn't want the advances Microsoft was offering compared to Sony. It's not like anything Microsoft was offering changed the landscape significantly. It's tough charging a premium for TV integration when millennials are watching less TV. Back to the car example the tweaks both these consoles are offering is like adding Navigation systems, air pressure sensors, or touch screens. And maybe it's OK to pick the best looking and performing car until someone invents an affordable car that can drive itself.

It's not like the PS4 advancements aren't measurable. The PS4 doesn't require a large power supply and can be moved around the house if needed, I can sit on my deck and play games remotely on the VITA, and the audio jack in the controller is the most important new feature to me of any this gen...its not even close. And now it seems like some of the promised functionality is coming to fruition.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Leebo33 wrote:
Maybe people just didn't want the advances Microsoft was offering compared to Sony.

What's ironic is all the stuff MS promised out of XB1 initially, Sony is delivering first or has delivered already.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

OMFG! :lol: :lol:

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Microsoft just added the last bullet point on my list of things they needed to do to close the gap with Sony. They are knocking an additional $50 off of all of their skus.

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-is-getting-a ... 1651181972
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

I bet $350 moves some units this holiday season. It'll be interesting to see if/how Sony makes any counters.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

$350 for the AC bundle with Unity and Black Flag is a pretty amazing deal.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Danimal wrote:
Feanor wrote: Posting the sales results from the September NPDs is trolling. :lol:

That a grown man could be so sensitive to factual information about how many videogame systems have been sold in America is genuinely amazing to me.
From anyone else it would be fine but from you no. You only post in this forum at one of two times

1. To pimp something Sony, I still recall how you told us the Move would better the Kinect or that Home would be the next big things.

2. When guys are clearly enjoying their XB1 and FWIW I'm not one of them, to s*** on their parade.

You server no purpose on this forum, I wish you would go away but trolls don't go away they just twist the facts. I'm not sensitive to sales numbers, I sensitive to people who aren't member of this community just stirring s*** up. What you and web (nice way to clip posts to make a point btw web, you get a A in troll 101) fall to realize it I have and prefer my PS4. Until FH2 I hadn't turned on my XB1 in months but yet I didn't feel the need to jump in on PKL and others thread when they were enjoying their system.
I never ever said those things. You are a liar.

I didn't twist any facts. You are just so twisted that the facts upset you. I wish you would quit crying about me posting information that is clearly relevant to this thread that other people are interested in.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

webdanzer wrote: You are CLEARLY calling those consumers who gave Sony the lead unintelligent and impressed by pretty graphics instead of new advances.
This is where you're incorrect but I can see why you came to this conclusion just using that one post. If you look at ALL of my posts in this forum I've been saying since day one this about all consumer of next gen, not specifically Sony owners.

As far as that blanket statement goes I stand by it. What did we get in advances this generation? Better graphics, some more power and social sharing features. Basically we got a last gen PC IMO.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Feanor wrote: I didn't twist any facts. You are just so twisted that the facts upset you. I wish you would quit crying about me posting information that is clearly relevant to this thread that other people are interested in.
Yep, I'm the twisted one. You got me I'm upset with sales numbers, in fact I might return my 2 PS4 this is so troubling lol
Follow Me on:

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

You are the one who has twice now accused me of saying how great Home and Move would be, without providing any evidence.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15107&start=1175

You should be ashamed of yourself to resorting to blatant lies.
Last edited by Feanor on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Feanor wrote:You should be ashamed of yourself to resorting to blatant lies.
I'm very ashamed and next time I'm in a DSP gaming session I will admit my shame to 34, Pk and others about how badly I've treated you. You clearly have no agenda on these forums and I'm totally mistaken.

Enjoy your PS4 Feanor, Happy gaming buddy.
Follow Me on:

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

I enjoy all my gaming systems. 3DS XL, PC, PS3, PS4, Wii U, Xbox 360 and Vita. When I get an Xbox One bundled with games at a bargain price thanks to sales numbers like the ones in the September NPDs I will enjoy it too.

I'm sure you'll have plenty to say about me in your little sessions. But none of it will recognize the negative agenda you have been pursuing from the very start of this thread, or the lengths you have gone to to try and smear me with lies. Because that would take a level of self-awareness and humility you simply do not possess.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Feanor wrote:I enjoy all my gaming systems.
Great enjoy them and have fun.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Follow Me on:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Looking forward to the PS4 update tomorrow. It's been pretty disappointing that the updates have been few and far between. This is the first major one and hopefully there won't be any issues.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Great news. I like that white one reminds me of 360. Are the games all digital in these? I'll try selling the code online. Wait for bf if I can get a better deal.

Sony won't drop I don't think. But xb will start moving this holiday season.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Feanor wrote:I enjoy all my gaming systems. 3DS XL, PC, PS3, PS4, Wii U, Xbox 360 and Vita. When I get an Xbox One bundled with games at a bargain price thanks to sales numbers like the ones in the September NPDs I will enjoy
When xbo outsells ps4 in November/December due to the price drop, it'll be ok to discuss sales numbers here at dsp. :)

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Without going into depths of the crazy argument that's happened here lately, the only thing that I can say to summarize my current-gen experience is this. It's boring and long-ish, but bear with me:

Die hard 360 player, never touched PS3.
Preordered XBox One, no intention of getting PS4.
Just before release, saw mentions of PS4 being primary development platform by developers, I got afraid I'd see port issues on new-gen games. Bought a PS4 also.
Bought all release games on both platforms, and saw NOTICEABLY better performance and resolution on all PS4 games I tried.
Wrote off the XBox One as it had a crappy interface, weird design issues, just felt unfinished. All of its advancements were s*** I didn't want or need, and I felt it complicated the interface to the things I DID use unnecessarily.
Played my PS4 so much that I eventually bought a second one, only playing Forza on my XB1, and only once in a couple of months. The One was disconnected on a shelf for a long time.

Then something weird happened. The games started getting much closer in resolution and performance. Sure, there's still a small resolution discrepancy in most games, but if somebody doesn't do something stupid like put them on side by side TV's and run them at the same time, they'd never know. And what I've come to realize is even with the framerate drop, I prefer the deeper blacks and color palette of the One. The PS4 still has that 'washed out' Playstation style when compared to XBox One games, but they have better textures and sharper resolution. It's a complete trade off and down to personal preference at this point.

Comparing that to early-gen titles like Black Flag where the trees and bushes had an almost headache-inducing shimmer to the leaves and bushes on XB1, but nothing like that on PS4 is night and day. Then the online stuff...the more I played, the more I wished my PS4 had an Xbox Live level of online connectivity. Then my buddies were only playing leagues for Madden and other games on the One, not the PS4.

Next thing I know, I'm picking up games on my XB1 instead of PS4. Shadow of Mordor I have played more on XB1 than on PS4, and I only bought Alien on the One. My Madden leagues are on the One, Horizon 2 is obviously the gem of my collection at the moment, and Sunset Overdrive will be fun tomorrow.

But on the 11th, I'll have to decide whether I want Unity on PS4 or XB1. I'll probably go XB1 in case other guys here get it. Yet on Dragon Age, it's definitely PS4 because I'll get 2 copies and co-op with the wife.

Bottom line, I don't think there's any "gap" between the systems anymore. Microsoft has addressed almost every issue I had with the interface in the year since, and I still don't use it for TV or anything else. It's easy to get around to what I want now, although I still wish the achievements stuff was faster like the 360 version. The performance difference would be imperceptible to the typical user, and the online performance of the One is superior, by far.

So I don't know--as an owner of both systems, I see no way that any logical person could conclude one to be so much better than the other. There are pros and cons to both, and I'm just glad I don't have to settle. I make my choice on which platform to get any game on for reasons that are my own. Not sales figures or the hardware power difference or anything else, at this point, and it's been a seriously up-and-down path for me this past year. I never thought I'd be a PS4 gamer primarily, and then I never thought MS would get me back on board with the One.

At this point, I have no idea, nor do I care, who "wins" this generation. They're both pretty stacked machines.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

TCrouch wrote:Without going into depths of the crazy argument that's happened here lately, the only thing that I can say to summarize my current-gen experience is this. It's boring and long-ish, but bear with me:

Just before release, saw mentions of PS4 being primary development platform by developers, I got afraid I'd see port issues on new-gen games. Bought a PS4 also.
Bought all release games on both platforms, and saw NOTICEABLY better performance and resolution on all PS4 games I tried.
Wrote off the XBox One as it had a crappy interface, weird design issues, just felt unfinished. All of its advancements were s*** I didn't want or need, and I felt it complicated the interface to the things I DID use unnecessarily.
Played my PS4 so much that I eventually bought a second one, only playing Forza on my XB1, and only once in a couple of months. The One was disconnected on a shelf for a long time.

Then something weird happened. The games started getting much closer in resolution and performance. Sure, there's still a small resolution discrepancy in most games, but if somebody doesn't do something stupid like put them on side by side TV's and run them at the same time, they'd never know. And what I've come to realize is even with the framerate drop, I prefer the deeper blacks and color palette of the One. The PS4 still has that 'washed out' Playstation style when compared to XBox One games, but they have better textures and sharper resolution. It's a complete trade off and down to personal preference at this point.

Comparing that to early-gen titles like Black Flag where the trees and bushes had an almost headache-inducing shimmer to the leaves and bushes on XB1, but nothing like that on PS4 is night and day. Then the online stuff...the more I played, the more I wished my PS4 had an Xbox Live level of online connectivity. Then my buddies were only playing leagues for Madden and other games on the One, not the PS4.

Next thing I know, I'm picking up games on my XB1 instead of PS4. Shadow of Mordor I have played more on XB1 than on PS4, and I only bought Alien on the One. My Madden leagues are on the One, Horizon 2 is obviously the gem of my collection at the moment, and Sunset Overdrive will be fun tomorrow.

But on the 11th, I'll have to decide whether I want Unity on PS4 or XB1. I'll probably go XB1 in case other guys here get it. Yet on Dragon Age, it's definitely PS4 because I'll get 2 copies and co-op with the wife.

Bottom line, I don't think there's any "gap" between the systems anymore. Microsoft has addressed almost every issue I had with the interface in the year since, and I still don't use it for TV or anything else. It's easy to get around to what I want now, although I still wish the achievements stuff was faster like the 360 version. The performance difference would be imperceptible to the typical user, and the online performance of the One is superior, by far.

So I don't know--as an owner of both systems, I see no way that any logical person could conclude one to be so much better than the other. There are pros and cons to both, and I'm just glad I don't have to settle. I make my choice on which platform to get any game on for reasons that are my own. Not sales figures or the hardware power difference or anything else, at this point, and it's been a seriously up-and-down path for me this past year. I never thought I'd be a PS4 gamer primarily, and then I never thought MS would get me back on board with the One.

At this point, I have no idea, nor do I care, who "wins" this generation. They're both pretty stacked machines.

That was a good write up. I also prefer ms blacks and richer colors than sonys. I mean they're video games they should look enhanced.

I'm good w ps4 but I'm not a sony guy. Never had interest in ps3 and wasn't a big ps2 fan. I was xbox original and 360 guy. I think I'm secretly hoping to replace my ps4 w xbo just because I'm more comfy w the xb family. I agree right now the games are virtually identical between both systems.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Sales gap means more deals like the ones MS are running.

At some point, Sony will be forced to follow suit, though they depend more on the PS4 for profits than MS does on the Xbox.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

wco81 wrote:Sales gap means more deals like the ones MS are running.

At some point, Sony will be forced to follow suit, though they depend more on the PS4 for profits than MS does on the Xbox.
Correct. Sony can't afford a price cut since they rely on console sales for the rest of their biz. But if ms can win back the ex 360 users they lost this gen, Sony then needs to respond.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

TCrouch wrote:Without going into depths of the crazy argument that's happened here lately, the only thing that I can say to summarize my current-gen experience is this. It's boring and long-ish, but bear with me:

Tip of the cap sir...excellent post.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Aristo wrote:Microsoft just added the last bullet point on my list of things they needed to do to close the gap with Sony. They are knocking an additional $50 off of all of their skus.

Great deals. Hopefully Sony has some similar deals.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:
Aristo wrote:Microsoft just added the last bullet point on my list of things they needed to do to close the gap with Sony. They are knocking an additional $50 off of all of their skus.

Great deals. Hopefully Sony has some similar deals.
Yeah. Hopefully they will. There is an exclusive (Bloodborne) that I might be getting a ps4 for early next year and then the next Souls game might be exclusive to Sony as well.

I love Souls. Wish I had not traded last one in after beating the boss. I left a couple of optional bosses alive and their is some DLC coming. Idiot! :evil: :oops:

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

It says the deal ends jan 3. That right or they'll extend it?

I was thinking about what game to get if I get xbo. I can't think of any maybe forza 2.

Maybe I will hold off till next years batch of sports games. That way I'll get EA Access and buy fully for XBO all the sports titles.

I don't want to switch this year since I'll lose 100k coins each in FUT and HUT and like 50k coins in MUT.

Maybe best way to go is keep both consoles. But they're so much the same that it makes no sense. I dont really care about the Show either. Had enough of that game to last me a few seasons.