NFL Season 2012-2013

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2012-2013

Post by 10spro »

MizzouRah wrote:Seattle impressed me.. can't believe how well we did against them this season.
Glad that you changed your mind.

MizzouRah wrote:I think Seattle is going to be a one and done playoff team, but they had a great season..

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

10spro wrote:Questions should be kicked at Shanahan's decision to keep him in the game. He's your franchise QB, clearly not 100% and you risk his career for one single game?
Unless the guy flat out dies on the field it's tough to lose your career to a knee injury. Lets not get carried away. I mean AP shredded his knee and it was one of the most complicated knee surgeries ever performed by the legend Dr. Andrews and look at that...second highest rushing total ever in less than a year. Knees are minor these days.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

XXXIV wrote:
WHY?

The D is fast.

Rams beat the bastard Skins and the bastard hawks in St. Louis. 8)

Im feeling 2013.
You have a point, my Rams fan friend!

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

10spro wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:Seattle impressed me.. can't believe how well we did against them this season.
Glad that you changed your mind.

MizzouRah wrote:I think Seattle is going to be a one and done playoff team, but they had a great season..
I'm eating crow my man.

Time for my Blues to beat up on your Canucks! ;)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Boy after reading all the post game quotes I have to say RG3 is kind of a tool. When he threw that INT into double coverage and raised up his hands like it was hi WR fault I raised and eyebrow but after his post game comments about him being their best chance to win wll I lost some respect for this guy tonight. Then again I probably gave him too much to begin with considering who his father is.

I don't feel like me being out there hurt the team in any way," Griffin, the No. 2 overall pick, said. "I'm the best option."

LOL
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

He should have started but he got hurt on that rollout just before his second TD pass.

But even though he threw that second TD, it looked like he couldn't plant on that bad knee. Certainly the Redskins did nothing offensively after that second TD.

Skins and Colts wouldn't have had the record they had without these rookie QBs. Wilson also is key to is team's success, tho the Hawks would still have a winning record without him whereas the same probably couldn't be said of the other two teams.

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

Danimal wrote:Boy after reading all the post game quotes I have to say RG3 is kind of a tool. When he threw that INT into double coverage and raised up his hands like it was hi WR fault I raised and eyebrow but after his post game comments about him being their best chance to win wll I lost some respect for this guy tonight. Then again I probably gave him too much to begin with considering who his father is.

I don't feel like me being out there hurt the team in any way," Griffin, the No. 2 overall pick, said. "I'm the best option."

LOL

“I’m the quarterback of this team,” Griffin said. “My job is to be out there if I can play. ... I don’t feel like me being out there hurt the team in any way. I’m the best option for this team, and that’s why I’m the starter.”

He was asked what would his reaction have been had Shanahan pulled him against his will for Kirk Cousins.

“I probably would have been right back out there on the field,” he said. “You respect authority and I respect Coach Shanahan, but at the same time you have to step up and be a man sometimes, and there was no way I was coming out of that game.”

That kind of attitude is what I would want in my QB. Brett Favre and Ben Roethlisberger have made the same kind of statements when injured. It's a damned if you do or don't situation for RG3. I remember Cutler's heart was questioned after tearing up his knee and coming out of the Packers playoff game. Bottom line,I'm a fan of of the kid.

Shanahan is the one that shoulders the blame for leaving him in. He is supposed to give his team the best chance to win and he didn't. He should have replaced him well before he had to crawl off of the field. One of the worst coaching decisions I have ever seen in a playoff game.

The pass that you mentioned,I thought RG3 was raising his hands asking for a PI call. When Hankerson dropped a couple he just kinda shook his head. I don't blame him.

Why do you lack respect for RG3's father? Seems like a pretty good guy to me. What have I missed?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... /?page=all
Last edited by Jackdog on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

XXXIV wrote:
Yes Yes and Yes.

I am going to be the next Larry Tate. 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Jackdog wrote:“I’m the quarterback of this team,” Griffin said. “My job is to be out there if I can play. ... I don’t feel like me being out there hurt the team in any way. I’m the best option for this team, and that’s why I’m the starter.”

He was asked what would his reaction have been had Shanahan pulled him against his will for Kirk Cousins.

“I probably would have been right back out there on the field,” he said. “You respect authority and I respect Coach Shanahan, but at the same time you have to step up and be a man sometimes, and there was no way I was coming out of that game.”

That kind of attitude is what I would want in my QB. Brett Favre and Ben Roethlisberger have made the same kind of statements when injured. I'm a fan of of the kid.

Shanahan is the one that shoulders the blame for leaving him in. He is supposed to give his team the best chance to win and he didn't. He should have replaced him well before he had to crawl off of the field. One of the worst coaching decisions I have ever seen in a playoff game.

The pass that you mentioned,I thought RG3 was raising his hands asking for a PI call. When Hankerson dropped a couple he just kinda shook his head. I don't blame him.

Why do you lack respect for RG3's father? Seems like a pretty good guy to me. What have I missed?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... /?page=all
^^^^^^This....

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Jackdog wrote:
Danimal wrote:Boy after reading all the post game quotes I have to say RG3 is kind of a tool. When he threw that INT into double coverage and raised up his hands like it was hi WR fault I raised and eyebrow but after his post game comments about him being their best chance to win wll I lost some respect for this guy tonight. Then again I probably gave him too much to begin with considering who his father is.

LOL

“I’m the quarterback of this team,” Griffin said. “My job is to be out there if I can play. ... I don’t feel like me being out there hurt the team in any way. I’m the best option for this team, and that’s why I’m the starter.”

That kind of attitude is what I would want in my QB. Brett Favre and Ben Roethlisberger have made the same kind of statements when injured. It's a damned if you do or don't situation for RG3. I remember Cutler's heart was questioned after tearing up his knee and coming out of the Packers playoff game. Bottom line,I'm a fan of of the kid.

Yessir. I wholeheartedly agree. I'm not sure where the idea that the truly great should be saying 'Aw shucks..who, me?' No way. If you can do it, do it, and if you know you can do it, the give it all you've got and don't be shy about it. Reminds me of a truly great quote from Marianne Williamson (and what made Coach Carter an awesome movie):

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.

There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other

people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of
God that is within us.

It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberates others.

—Marianne Williamson
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I think Shanahan made the right call myself and I applaud RGIII for asking his coach to put him out there.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

MizzouRah wrote:I think Shanahan made the right call myself and I applaud RGIII for asking his coach to put him out there.
Agreed. RGIII is a fierce competitor and is one of the main reasons the Skins were even playing yesterday. He was going to go until he couldn't any longer which is just what happened.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

The game is predicated on athletes being too stupid to understand when they need to come out. It's incumbent up on the coaches to be smarter than his players.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

RobVarak wrote:The game is predicated on athletes being too stupid to understand when they need to come out. It's incumbent up on the coaches to be smarter than his players.
Better be careful w/ that statement...we have former NFL players here. :roll:

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
RobVarak wrote:The game is predicated on athletes being too stupid to understand when they need to come out. It's incumbent up on the coaches to be smarter than his players.
Better be careful w/ that statement...we have former NFL players here. :roll:
Yes, God forbid anyone with NFL experience participate in a thread on the NFL and give his opinion.....troll on db......

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

The game may or may not be predicated on such a thing, but in today's NFL, players are more likely to come out of a game than they were when I played and even earlier. RGIII knows his body better than anyone and I have no doubt if he thought he truly couldn't go, he would have told the Skins Staff and they would have gone ahead with Cousins....

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Shanahan should have taken him out once he saw like everyone else he was hobbling on that one running play. And what kind of play call is that when you know your QB is not 100 percent with a knee injury. The last thing I'd want him to do is run.

I guess it's like a baseball pitcher who will NEVER tell the manager he's tired and he should be taken out of the game. Shanahan should have done his job and taken him out regardless of what RG3 had to say.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

LOL@ the literal Monday morning quarterbacking... :lol:

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Teal wrote:LOL@ the literal Monday morning quarterbacking... :lol:
Beats the hell out of arguing about gun control.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Inuyasha wrote:Shanahan should have taken him out once he saw like everyone else he was hobbling on that one running play. And what kind of play call is that when you know your QB is not 100 percent with a knee injury. The last thing I'd want him to do is run.

I guess it's like a baseball pitcher who will NEVER tell the manager he's tired and he should be taken out of the game. Shanahan should have done his job and taken him out regardless of what RG3 had to say.
Agreed. And let's just not focus on his knee for a second. What about if he got another concussion after being mugged by a couple of OT and hits his head hard. He already got his head rang after he threw the 2nd TD in which a SEA player rightfully was penalized. An injury eventually has its consequences and while there's no doubt that his knee will be fine next season, you just can't take chances with your brain, can you?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

It's sort of funny that some media and fans think that the Redskins actually give a sh*t about RG III as more than a pigskin commodity. Football careers are so short that the long-term health of a player almost never is considered, especially in the postseason.

Play him until he can't walk. Throw him into the sausage grinder.

Manning was an exception last year with the Colts, but you better damn well believe he would have been on the field in Week 17 -- bad neck and all -- if the Colts needed a victory to reach the playoffs.

Can you imagine an NFL team "pulling a Strasburg" and shutting down a player who is able to play in the postseason to ensure a longer career? Me, neither.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:Can you imagine an NFL team "pulling a Strasburg" and shutting down a player who is able to play in the postseason to ensure a longer career? Me, neither.
The flip side of that is the Nationals got crushed for their handling of Strasburg. They did it completely wrong and backwards (see Braves re: Medlen for the correct way) but it's weird how there are always double standards in sports. People just like to argue.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

RobVarak wrote:
Teal wrote:LOL@ the literal Monday morning quarterbacking... :lol:
Beats the hell out of arguing about gun control.

Oh yeah...and it's a helluva lot more important...lol

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:Shanahan should have taken him out once he saw like everyone else he was hobbling on that one running play. And what kind of play call is that when you know your QB is not 100 percent with a knee injury. The last thing I'd want him to do is run.

Agreed. And let's just not focus on his knee for a second. What about if he got another concussion after being mugged by a couple of OT and hits his head hard. He already got his head rang after he threw the 2nd TD in which a SEA player rightfully was penalized. An injury eventually has its consequences and while there's no doubt that his knee will be fine next season, you just can't take chances with your brain, can you?

Yep. I was scared he was going to get crippled.

Once RG3 couldnt run or throw he should have been taken out.

Ofcourse RG3 wants to play he is bad ass.

Someone has to be the adult no? It was getting uglier by the play. It was coming.........

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Jackdog wrote:
XXXIV wrote:
Yes Yes and Yes.

I am going to be the next Larry Tate. 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
thank God for other old guys. :P :)