Playstation Vita

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Playstation Vita

Post by ScoopBrady »

I still play mine more than my consoles. That's just because my time is limited on the consoles and I am able to get more time on the Vita. I picked up Mortal Kombat as well and it is great.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I use the Vita quite a bit. In fact starting next year i'll probably get all my EA Sports games for it and fore go getting it for the 360.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

Rodster wrote:I use the Vita quite a bit. In fact starting next year i'll probably get all my EA Sports games for it and fore go getting it for the 360.
I can definitely see myself doing that with NHL, if it ever makes it to Vita. I can get in so many more games on a handheld. I'm sure can get in a game or two during lunch, several while trying to fall asleep in the bed, and play while I'm watching hockey or soccer on TV. My Vita is getting a good workout each day for the most part. I'm still loving that I can press a button, swipe the screen, and touch continue on the screen and I'm immediately where I left off in a game without any waiting.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:I use the Vita quite a bit. In fact starting next year i'll probably get all my EA Sports games for it and fore go getting it for the 360.
From what I heard no NHL or NCAA for Vita. Only Madden and Fifa
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

TW PGA TOUR on the Vita would make go buy right this very moment!!!
gamertag: ddtrane65

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Gravity Rush is available for preorder at Newegg for $29.99 only till today.

$10 off w/ promo code 24HRSALE516F, ends 5/16

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 12731&SID=

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

A heads-up to RPG fans. I recently got into Disgaea 3 and man is it a really good game. I never played the PS3 version, but from what I can tell the Vita version has all the DLC of the PS3 version.

I plan on picking up Resistance next week. It's getting some very favorable previews and looks like it will be a lot of fun. This stuff should keep me occupied until Gravity Rush comes out.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

toonarmy wrote:A heads-up to RPG fans. I recently got into Disgaea 3 and man is it a really good game. I never played the PS3 version, but from what I can tell the Vita version has all the DLC of the PS3 version.

I plan on picking up Resistance next week. It's getting some very favorable previews and looks like it will be a lot of fun. This stuff should keep me occupied until Gravity Rush comes out.
I bought Disgaea 3 as well. Very deep and seemingly unending tactics RPG. After attempting to really give it a good go I had to give up as I just don't have the attention span for such a bottomless game. I'll also be grabbing Resistance next week. It'll be cool to see a true FPS on the Vita system.

Now back to MLB:)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The only RPG on my radar is Persona 4. Although i'm looking forward to FIFA and Madden 13. I hope 2K brings their Hoops game to the Vita.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

Rodster wrote:I hope 2K brings their Hoops game to the Vita.
Drool...........

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

FIFA 12 $19.99 thru Memorial Day weekend. http://store.origin.com/store/ea/cat/ps ... ID.8892100

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

I've been playing Resistance since Tuesday. There have been very mixed reviews at gaming sites. Some sites have given it very favorable reviews, while a few have hammered it. Most people who have actually played the game and posted on the forums I frequent are really liking the game. A good way to sum this game up is: best handheld FPS by far, but probably about par for the course when compared to console FPS games.

First off, a 19mb update was released in the past day or so that fixes the multiplayer issues people were having. The mp modes run super smooth and I had zero lag in the sessions I played. Leveling up is designed well with a points system. I played mainly team death match, which has nice maps and weapon locations. It's cool to be able to lay in bed and play a bonafide mp mode in a FPS.

The single-player campaign is actually very fun, albeit a bit short. Most people are saying it takes 6-8 hours to complete, and longer if you play on the hardest difficulty level and are not a prodigy at FPS games. I guess that I am about halfway through on normal level, and it will likely put me at about 8 hours if things keep going as they are. The graphics are a mixed bag. There is no slowdown and the main characters look really detailed and nice, but some of the secondary characters and environments are average. The story is actually decent, with engaging cut scenes. Gameplay-wise, the controls are spot-on and the fighting is very fun. You can upgrade the various weapons by finding upgrade cubes in the various levels, so you will have primary and secondary ammo choices for each weapon. The touch screen is implemented nicely. You have a limited number of times you can touch the head of an enemy and have your weapon lock-on to the opponent. You can also use the touch screen to do things like lob grenades, put up a shield, and cock and load some weapons. The back touch screen can be used to sprint, while buttons can also be used if you do not want to fool with the back touch screen.

One aspect of the game I do not like is that after being killed in some areas you have to watch the main cut scene again without being able to skip through it. Most of the time there is not a cut scene to watch, but when there is it can be annoying having to watch a cut scene over. All in all, though, Resistance is a quality engaging game that I am enjoying. If anything, it shows that a good FPS on the Vita can be done well, and there is certainly room in the future for a longer FPS with more detailed graphics and more depth when it comes to MP.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Thanks for the impressions. I picked it up on Tuesday and haven't had time to play it yet. My main concern for a FPS was the movement with the analog controls and now that the Vita has both I look forward to playing a shooter again on a portable.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

Wipeout HD and Fury HD came out for the Vita this week for cross-play. There are new tracks and vehicles. If you already bought these games on PS3 they are free on Vita. For a Wipeout fan such as myself this is pure awesomeness. Now we not only have Wipeout 2048 on the Vita, but also have HD and Fury HD, and cross-play to boot. The framerate is smooth on the Vita, btw, just as on the PS3, although I think it is running at 30 FPS on the Vita.

Also got Gravity Rush last week. Very very cool gaming experience. It implements the gyroscopic and touch screen controls well, without being burdensome. A must-buy at some point for Vita owners.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Not surprised, and I still wants it. I skipped last year's Madden anyhow.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

Sounds like Madden 12 with updated rosters and commentary, and less features. It's too bad that EA does not want to put the resources into making a really great Vita football game, but then again they have never really tried to develop truly groundbreaking handheld sports games. Sony got things right with MLB on the Vita and it's connection with the PS3 version. FIFA on the Vita had shorter development time yet was a really good game and was essentially the FIFA 11 engine with almost everything else from FIFA 12. It sounds like FIFA 13 on the Vita will be about the same as FIFA 13 on the PS3. Since FIFA has a more worldwide appeal than Madden perhaps that is why they are willing to try to put more care into making the Vita version. I'll definitely be taking a wait and see approach to Madden "13" on the Vita. The lack of information at this point is a bit concerning. I would be so happy if EA would make a full-fledged football game on the Vita, with cross-play capability and all the trimmings. The Vita is more than capable of handling such a thing. Maybe next year, but of course by that point EA will be focused on the next-gen of consoles.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Mortal Kombat is $19.99 at Amazon today. I picked up a copy along with Rayman when it was $19.99

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Now that Gamescom is over, it seems like the Vita has quite a nice future ahead of itself. Besides the whole Cross-play/Cross-buy perks, there are some great games on the horizon.

I'm especially excited for Media Molecule's "Tearaway" and for Need for Speed: Most Wanted, which is supposedly going to be exactly like the PS3 version. I trust that it's going to play/look amazing, and having an open world racer like that on a handheld looks to be a lot of fun.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Funny what having a kid does to you. Instead of watching a bit of TV w/ the wife and then going to my office to play video games or hang out and watch my own TV, I'm now hanging out in the main room w/ the baby and the wife and playing the Vita. I'm glad I didn't sell it a few weeks back when I got my Nexus 7, because I contemplated it. Like Fanatic I'm looking forward to a few games like Madden, Need for Speed and Little Big Planet...so it should be getting more and more playtime as we go along here. I just wish Madden had cloud saves like MLB does. Concurrent seasons is annoying.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Funny what having a kid does to you. Instead of watching a bit of TV w/ the wife and then going to my office to play video games or hang out and watch my own TV, I'm now hanging out in the main room w/ the baby and the wife and playing the Vita. I'm glad I didn't sell it a few weeks back when I got my Nexus 7, because I contemplated it. Like Fanatic I'm looking forward to a few games like Madden, Need for Speed and Little Big Planet...so it should be getting more and more playtime as we go along here. I just wish Madden had cloud saves like MLB does. Concurrent seasons is annoying.
Exactly...my kid is always wanting to play, and I'm like "Be quiet, I'm playing my Vita".

Joking of course (Vita is perfect for those months when all the baby does is sleep and play in one spot!).

If you don't want to neglect your kid as he/she gets older, I don't recommend starting Road to the Show on Vita's MLB 12. This thing is way too easy to pick up for a quick game. I'm whipping through the minors/rookie season at a record pace. Of course, being a LF in the Astros organization doesn't take too much effort.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

fanatic wrote:Joking of course (Vita is perfect for those months when all the baby does is sleep and play in one spot!).
Yeah, seriously, that's the stage we're in now. It's rough to play any games in my office because he's not on a schedule or anything, so I can't plan anything! So the Vita is perfect. Just wish Madden and LBP were out already!

The power saving feature is a godsend that's for sure w/ MLB...baby starts crying, just pause the game and turn the system off. Pick it up once I get him quiet again, lol.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
fanatic wrote:Joking of course (Vita is perfect for those months when all the baby does is sleep and play in one spot!).
Yeah, seriously, that's the stage we're in now. It's rough to play any games in my office because he's not on a schedule or anything, so I can't plan anything! So the Vita is perfect. Just wish Madden and LBP were out already!

The power saving feature is a godsend that's for sure w/ MLB...baby starts crying, just pause the game and turn the system off. Pick it up once I get him quiet again, lol.
Very true. You know my toddler has melted down when I return to RTTS on my Vita and I'm mid-pitch!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

fanatic wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:

Very true. You know my toddler has melted down when I return to RTTS on my Vita and I'm mid-pitch!
Great. Now you guys have me thinking about getting one of these again. Ugh...
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco