Playstation Vita

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Playstation Vita

Post by Wilk5280 »

If there was a Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 with the same crossover compatibility that MLB The Show has I'd be on it in a second.
GT = Wilk5280

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

It would be very nice to have NHL and TW with crossplay ability on the Vita. I would certainly be all over both of those titles. I'm still loving the Vita. I've been managing to squeeze in 2 or 3 hours of play on most days, which is less than before TW came out on the PS3. I got BlazBlue and ModNation during the Amazon deal. ModNation is fun for what I payed for it, but nothing spectacular. I'm spending quite a bit of time recently with F1, MLB, and Unit 13, with Ridge Racer getting some love too (yeah, it's not as bad as people made it out to be).

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

There's one thing I really DON'T LIKE about the Show on the Vita. There are way too many catch able foul balls that either the backstop, 1st or 3rd baseman should make. I've seen way too many balls hit in the area of the dugout and no one goes after the ball. I've also seen balls hit up and behind the catcher and again no attempt is made to go after it.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:There's one thing I really DON'T LIKE about the Show on the Vita. There are way too many catch able foul balls that either the backstop, 1st or 3rd baseman should make. I've seen way too many balls hit in the area of the dugout and no one goes after the ball. I've also seen balls hit up and behind the catcher and again no attempt is made to go after it.
A lot of the time the balls are going off the ground first, but there certainly are a few instances where the guys wouldn't get to them so they don't bother. Whereas in real life they probably would at least give it a look.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Danimal wrote:I'm ashamed to admit I haven't turned my Vita on in over a week.
To tell you the truth, I haven't even touched mine for longer than that. Not since I got the iPad 3. Hmmm...I'm kinda holding tight till the "newness" wears off of the iPad before I make any rash decisions, but I've noticed that I'd rather just read up on some stuff or play some stupid mini game on the iPad than to break out the Vita. Plus, when I'm out in public, the iPad is a little more socially acceptable for someone of my advancing age. We'll see in the next few weeks if the Vita makes the cut...but right now it's essentially a 250 dollar bill if I flip it. Maybe.
You just essentially explained my same situation.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

I am still playing the Vita on a daily basis.....I can't get enough of the World Tour in Virtua Tennis. So addictive...

For me, the Vita is perfect because I generally don't get a lot of time with my PS3. With the Vita, I can get in a game over lunch (I close my office door so nobody can make fun of me) and then play a bit more on the couch while my wife and I watch a bit of TV.

Getting this console experience is really what I look for in gaming - my iPhone/iPad are great for sitting around as well, but I don't get that same experience that I do on the Vita. I can imagine that once I really dive into a season of The Show and pick up games like Gravity Rush, etc...this point will resonate even more so.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

fanatic wrote:I am still playing the Vita on a daily basis.....I can't get enough of the World Tour in Virtua Tennis. So addictive...

For me, the Vita is perfect because I generally don't get a lot of time with my PS3. With the Vita, I can get in a game over lunch (I close my office door so nobody can make fun of me) and then play a bit more on the couch while my wife and I watch a bit of TV.

Getting this console experience is really what I look for in gaming - my iPhone/iPad are great for sitting around as well, but I don't get that same experience that I do on the Vita. I can imagine that once I really dive into a season of The Show and pick up games like Gravity Rush, etc...this point will resonate even more so.
That's where I'm at and that is precisely why I wanted a Vita. If I had more time to play my consoles I wouldn't really see the need for it but my quality gaming time has gone up since getting it.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I'm really just waiting for baseball season to start. I'd imagine just sitting on the couch watching the Braves while playing with the Braves will be my best chance of making use of the system. Outside of that the iPad can occupy my interests enough. It's almost embarrassing when I get home from work. Taking out all of my devices to charge them...I needed a damn power strip to be able to handle them all. So bad.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

I'm playing the f*ck out of RTTS on the Vita but I hit like .220 on the handheld as opposed to .290 on the PS3. That's what it feels like, at least. Hard.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Slumberland wrote:I'm playing the f*ck out of RTTS on the Vita but I hit like .220 on the handheld as opposed to .290 on the PS3. That's what it feels like, at least. Hard.
That's funny...I'm the opposite. For some reason I hit better on the Vita.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I bought 'Pinball Arcade' and it's perfect for the Vita. The controls feel great, the frame rate is very good and each table comes with online leaderboards. Best pinball game for a portable and here's the best part. If you buy this version, you get the PS3 version free and viceversa.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

10spro wrote:I bought 'Pinball Arcade' and it's perfect for the Vita. The controls feel great, the frame rate is very good and each table comes with online leaderboards. Best pinball game for a portable and here's the best part. If you buy this version, you get the PS3 version free and viceversa.
Been playing both over the past week and they are both fun. One word of caution: there are some bugs in both versions where sometimes after the game ends you are not able to enter your high score and a new game starts automatically with the overlays on the table. It really sucks if you get a big score and it doesn't count.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

toonarmy wrote:
10spro wrote:I bought 'Pinball Arcade' and it's perfect for the Vita. The controls feel great, the frame rate is very good and each table comes with online leaderboards. Best pinball game for a portable and here's the best part. If you buy this version, you get the PS3 version free and viceversa.
Been playing both over the past week and they are both fun. One word of caution: there are some bugs in both versions where sometimes after the game ends you are not able to enter your high score and a new game starts automatically with the overlays on the table. It really sucks if you get a big score and it doesn't count.
Good to know. The DLC on this game should be very cool.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

10spro wrote:
toonarmy wrote:
Good to know. The DLC on this game should be very cool.
They announced that around 50 tables are in the works for DLC over the next couple years.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

Just wanted to bounce this thread back up. I've become a huge Vita supporter over the past few weeks. MLB is getting the most playing time. I'm hoping the Vita sales continue to build momentum as it is a solid piece of hardware.

What are you guys playing? Has anyone picked up Disgaea?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I'm still barely playing mine. I'll occasionally pick it up when watching a ball game, but not as often as I thought. Now that I've completely gotten my wife into watching Braves games with me, I feel weird playing a game while watching when the wife is actually into it as well.

Oh well...it's still a great piece of hardware and instead of buying and selling the system 4 or 5 times like I did with the PSP, I'll just hang on to it. I think the main issue is that after the first wave of titles, it's been pretty slow in terms of releases. Had there been some AAA releases a month or two after launch, then it would probably keep my interest up a bit more. We'll see how it goes this summer.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

macsomjrr wrote:Just wanted to bounce this thread back up. I've become a huge Vita supporter over the past few weeks. MLB is getting the most playing time. I'm hoping the Vita sales continue to build momentum as it is a solid piece of hardware.

What are you guys playing? Has anyone picked up Disgaea?
MLB and Fifa are the games I have played the most. Still haven't' touched Uncharted and I should get back to some VT and HSG.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

I play it non-stop, but only because of The Show. If I ever need a break from that, I'll pick up Uncharted down the road. Looking forward to seeing what western style RPGs hit eventually.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

I'm hoping that Vita's Madden will be the first ever handheld Madden that'll be worth playing. LBP, Resistance and SF v Tekken all look good. The rest of the upcoming games list doesn't get me too excited. Persona 4 looks interesting, Jak and Daxter and Killzone are definitely maybes.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

Oh and totally forgot about COD. That'll be interesting.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

macsomjrr wrote:Oh and totally forgot about COD. That'll be interesting.
I'll be getting it for sure, the 2 analog sticks should make it a much better experience for a handheld. And I am still keeping my fingers crossed for an NHL title.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I wish EA would make NHL and NCAA Football for the Vita as well. I'm definitely getting Madden this year for the Vita and I hope PES makes it to the Vita also.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

I picked up Mortal Kombat this past week and it's fantastic. It's the full game on the PS3/360 plus it has the DLC and very lengthy tower mode. The controls are tight and the graphics are generally good.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I love this thread it always reminds me I have a Vita. I look at it and then put it back down.

Need a good rpg or tactics game then I might use it.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation