Tiger Woods 13 PGA TOUR and CE Info

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Tiger Woods 13 PGA TOUR and CE Info

Post by Danimal »

After playing the par 3 tonight I dread the greens during the Masters. I can't recall the hole but I hit the green and rolled off to the right, the ball literally rolled for about 6 seconds while holding the Y button. So then I chip on it gets three quarters of the way there, stops and rolls right back to my feet.

I played a practice round on Augusta to get ready tonight and it was ugly.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Found a gigantic but on the 9th in the Par 3 tourney.

I hit my tee shot just short of the green in the rough. So I was literally like 10 yards from the pin since it's in the front of the green. However, when it set me up for my 2nd shot (yes, second shot, so it's not like it said my shot was OB or in the water), it put me back in front of the tee box in the BURIED wood chips. No way I could get my ball out of that stuff, OVER the water. So instead of chipping from just off the green to get up and down for par, I ended up having to hit an 8 iron and actually SKIPPING it off the water and then it went off the back of the green. Luckily I made a fantastic chip back down the green without going off the front and making my put so I really only lost ONE stroke realistically, but it still pissed me off and is a huge bug. I just hit some incredible shots to not drop more than one stroke that hole. Frustrating.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Frustrating.
I feel your pain...this is the worst texture properties bug I have ever seen in a TW release. I hope to hell they are working on it.

If any of you wish to add your co0mments or bugs you are finding in the game, please post it in the official thread EA has started...

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8379038.page

They are working on known issues now and the more feedback they get on other issues the better the patch will be....at least that is the intent.

orthostud23
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by orthostud23 »

I fell asleep at 830pm last night. I apologize for not showing up. How was the turnout? I will be on tonight (can stay up "late" since I am off for the next 4 days :)) If anyone wants to play some ALT shot , or stroke play hit me up!

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I thought the Par 3 was pretty fun. I've never played it before, and a total change of pace. Also the last 2 holes are very scary, which makes for fun endings.

I holed out chip shots twice, and burned the edge of the cup on #2 on what would've been a hole-in-one (then proceeded to miss the 7 foot birdie putt).

I was -4 going into the last hole and wanted to try and catch Divot, so I aimed for the front of the green, but I slightly pulled my tee shot causing it to go short and left, so it hit the rough and it rolled back into the water. Finished at -3.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

Any of you guys with DirecTV should check out their Masters coverage on channel 701. Six separate screens you can switch to, as well as a full leaderboard where you can see any golfers scorecard. Pretty slick stuff.
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

i'm reading "best console sports game outside of F1" and "worst texture properties bug i've ever seen in a TW release."

I'm confused.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

What I was referring to is the random occurrence where your ball comes to rest in the fairway, bunker, or rough and the next screen shows the ball in another location and in some rare cases, the ball is in OB in the middle of the fairway. I haven't seen this personally, but others have and it can sure mess up a round very quickly. I am hoping they can correct these flaws as they had some of this in 12, but not to this extent.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Even Par through 8, put two in the water on 9. f*** you guys!

MUTTS
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by MUTTS »

Had to skip the par 3 last night as Ive been infected with the GI bug. Up all night and I ache all over.

Finally feeling a little better...can sit up without my head pounding...Im home all day and at least there is baseball and golf on.

With that in mind I played the 1st round at Augusta...played outta my mind...best round at Augusta by 10 strokes as I finished +1. Went out in 39 and back in 34. Double bogey with a 4 putt on 11 killed me.
36 putts which is actually about as good as Ive ever done. Likely reality will kick in during the later rounds.

So until you pros tee off, I am in the lead as no one else has posted yet!!!

Tony

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I just did, and, though it wasn't pretty by a mile, I'd gladly take an 85 at Augusta. +13 sounds much worse than 85, though, doesn't it? :lol: Had two birdies, 7 pars, and 9 fubars. :roll: But get this: 100% FIR. So for every club-throwing frustration, there's a positive. I'll hopefully pick up the pace in round 2.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Stuck at work and HATE that I can't be at home watching & playing The Masters. :(
GT = Wilk5280

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

Did the par 3 event, was doing OK except for screwing up a couple holes that killed my score.

Then I tried the first round of the Masters event. I got stuck in a pot bunker on 7 that I just could not get out of. By the time I decided to just hit backwards to get out of it I hit the shot limit. Not happy about it, but it was my screw up so I pressed on.

Then on 11 I get in another bunker next to the green. I hit an OK shot that pops me out onto the fringe. When the next shot pops up, I'm back in the sand. So I do it again, again back on the fringe. Again it resets me back into the bunker. And then it did it for a third time. At that point I said the hell with it and turned it off. I don't mind screwing up when its my mistake, but this bug drives me nuts. Crazy thing is it one I've never seen before. The last TW game I had was 2011, and that was fine. Was a similar bug in last years game?

A shame, because it really is a big step forward as far as control and feel. But when the balls end up in spots you did not hit them that is a huge problem.
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Missed the club action tonight... I got an emergency page from my power plant about an hour before the action was supposed to start. I had to deal with that for a couple of hours and missed whatever happened online. I'll be so glad when I'm back on regular hours about a week or so from now... (sigh)

Here's the "rest of the story":

J starting his swing for his approach shot...(pager rings)...ball goes into water...."%&@#" (J having a meltdown while power plant in process of potential meltdown :wink: )

:lol:

-MERACE

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Gurantsu wrote:Was a similar bug in last years game?

A shame, because it really is a big step forward as far as control and feel. But when the balls end up in spots you did not hit them that is a huge problem.
No, nothing that severe and yes, I agree.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Had that bug pop up on my first hole at the Masters. Set the stage for the round, I'm afraid. Wound up triple bogeying a hole that was easy par, but for the bug.

Just finished the daily at the National, and had a great rally to end the round +3, after getting to 13 with a +6. I'll take it... :lol:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

You guys whining about your poor finishes is comical.

I guarantee I'll shoot something like +27 when I try it. I've only played a few rounds at Augusta, but I damn near 3-putt every hole--sometimes worse.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Just bought my copy today. Would love to get in some DSP tourney's if possible. Keep me in mind...
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

MERACE wrote:Here's the "rest of the story":

J starting his swing for his approach shot...(pager rings)...ball goes into water...."%&@#" (J having a meltdown while power plant in process of potential meltdown :wink: )

:lol:
I was actually playing a Live Daily when my pager went off... it was actually still online waiting for me to finish when I returned, 3 hours later!? I actually did okay with what was left, I finished only one stroke behind Divotmaker!

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Was actually doing pretty well--+2 after 8.

Then I hit the 9th where you miss the hole and it rolls all the way off the green and 20 yards down hill. I went back and forth on that f*cking hole over and over, shooting a 9.

I want to throw something :lol:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So how were the weather conditions? Are they matching watch is happening at the Real Masters?
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

It was sunny and nice for me.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Haven't seen the masters at all, so I have no idea.

But I had about a 14 MPH wind at all times. On one hole it was actually swirling in circles, and I ended up knocking a pitch into the water because I thought it would gust and it turned on me and killed the distance.

But if the real thing has 12 to 16MPH winds, then yeah--it's like that.

orthostud23
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by orthostud23 »

TCrouch wrote:Haven't seen the masters at all, so I have no idea.

But I had about a 14 MPH wind at all times. On one hole it was actually swirling in circles, and I ended up knocking a pitch into the water because I thought it would gust and it turned on me and killed the distance.

But if the real thing has 12 to 16MPH winds, then yeah--it's like that.

That was a par 3 hole on the back 9 correct?? There is one par 3 hole that I have played now 3-4 times and every time it has that swirly wind.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Well it started sunny and now it is partly cloudy. Definitively a wind going on there. Course is wet so the greens look slow to me.
Follow Me on: