DirecTV or Comcast with TiVo?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Sport73
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

DirecTV or Comcast with TiVo?

Post by Sport73 »

I've been a DirecTV subscriber since 1999, and continue to pay over $120/mo. For service plus almost $600 per year for NFL Sunday Ticket so that I can watch the Patriots here in Florida. I like DirecTV's focus on HD, and basically won't watch an SD broadcast unless I absolutely have to. I also pay $60/mo. for cable broadband, and $30/mo as part of my homeowners fees which gets me basic Cable.

Add it up and I'm paying $210 per month, plus more during football season for TV and internet. I don't love DirecTV's DVR - plain and boring UI, but I could never stomach a cable DVR (makes me want to puke). So the option on the table is cable + TiVo.

I'd pay $90 for HD cable, fees and Internet, still the $30 in HOA, and another $40 for 2 HD TiVo boxes. That's $160/mo.

Savings of $1300 per year, but I give up NFL and some Hd channels (Comedy Central HD), and gain a better UI in the TiVo with more options (though I already have an Apple Tg for Netflix, rentals and YouTube).

Anyone have a TiVo Premiere and strong thoughts on the matter? Anyone make the switch and regret it?

Opinions welcomed!
Sport73

"Can't we all just get along? I'll turn this car around RIGHT now!"