OT: Android Tablet Thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: OT: Android Tablet Thread

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:Also the Thrive has full USB, up to 128GB SD cards and HDMI. :!:
All stuff the tab can do with an adapter. I'd rather have thinner and lighter for the 95% of the time I'm chilling on the couch. When I want to expand...I will pull out the adapter. Now if only they'd get the bastards in stock.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I did find the adapters on Samsung's website but it does add to the cost whereas the Thrive has them all included. There are adapters in the works including an SD adapter. Looks like Samsung is serious about the Galaxy Tablet. Watch and see the Galaxy Tab 2 will have all this stuff included. :P

This sounds really sweet 8)
Ten-inch Galaxy Tab to get TouchWiz, other updates
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7-20 ... r-updates/

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Of course the Thrive has them included, thus making it bigger/heavier. Are you having trouble comprehending? :roll:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Well if someone wants all that stuff included then the Thrive is the better deal if the bigger form factor doesn't bother them.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Holy sh*t the Tab has one tough screen. Go ahead db I dare you to try it. :)

I got this from the Samsung Q&A regarding whether the Galaxy Tab uses Gorilla Glass? Samsung indicates it does.

"Hi! Thank you for your inquiry! We appreciate your patience regarding this question. The following is a list of Samsung products that have Gorilla Glass for the screen: Behold II, Captivate, Continuum, Corby S3650, Corby W900, Epic 4G, Fascinate, Flight II, Focus, Galaxy A, Galaxy Ace, Galaxy S, GALAXY S II, Galaxy S 4G, Galaxy Tab, Lindy, Mesmerize, Monte, Monte Preston, Omnia HD, S8500 WAVE, Showcase, Trance, Transform, Ultra TOUCH S8300, Vibrant, Wave II If you need additional support, call Samsung Customer Support at our toll free number 1-888-987-4357 between the hours 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Saturday, CST."

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Does that look like your Galaxy Tab 10.1? Thought not.

That's the 10.1V that is for Vodaphone in Europe. Also, when they say Galaxy Tab, they are referring to the 7" version that came out for Verizon & Sprint. Notice how the 10.1 is missing from that list of devices?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Thanks

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Anything to worry about? :?

Android is becoming a magnet for malware creators
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/new ... e-creators

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Questions from a new Android buyer for DB

OK, I am in the market for a new laptop and decided to go for something smaller and lighter to use around the house for web surfing, email and games.

Question is, do I have any choices that won't cost me $500 and more? I see there are some Netbooks for around $250. I can also get an Ipad (orig) for around $300. I don't know if there are any tablets that cheap, unless I get a really small screen. So lets say you had $250-350 to spend on a tablet, Ipad or Netbook....what would you get?

I know the trendy purchase around here lately seems to be the Samsung Galaxy Tab, but I just can't afford to drop $600 plus accessories! All you Galaxy guys must not have heard about this horrible economy that seems to be happening now

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Question has been discussed ad-nauseum. Read this whole thread.

One bit of advice tho...don't buy any of the "budget" Android tablets. It must run Honeycomb (3.1 or later)...or you're wasting your time. Vizio is coming out with a tablet in a few weeks via Amazon for 350. If you gotta go budget, go that way.

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-8-Inch-Tabl ... 289&sr=8-1

Should be good, but it hasn't been released so who really knows. I'm a fan of Vizio tho.

And you idiots do know I can see thread titles right? Only cuz I'm in a nice mood am I answering movie posters' question.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:And you idiots do know I can see thread titles right? Only cuz I'm in a nice mood am I answering movie posters' question.
:lol:

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Question has been discussed ad-nauseum. Read this whole thread.

One bit of advice tho...don't buy any of the "budget" Android tablets. It must run Honeycomb (3.1 or later)...or you're wasting your time. Vizio is coming out with a tablet in a few weeks via Amazon for 350. If you gotta go budget, go that way.

Should be good, but it hasn't been released so who really knows. I'm a fan of Vizio tho.

And you idiots do know I can see thread titles right? Only cuz I'm in a nice mood am I answering movie posters' question.
What an amazing phucking gigantic @hole d-bag you are. Would anyone even talk to you or put up with your arrogant bullsh*t if you weren't a computer nerd who knows a lot about this stuff? Would anyone even talk to you? I was asking a legitimate question...actually Rodster was and you answer in your typical "can't be bothered" way and you have to add an unprovoked insult at the end aimed me for no reason at all? You don't even have the guts to say "jackass" because you're a little punkass puss-y that hides behind his keyboard and wouldn't say sh*t to anyone face to face. There's a good reason why you never post your picture, meet anyone else from this board, post your email or ANY details whatsoever about yourself. You're a scared anonymous a-hole that's all brave when he's hiding behind his firewall. So why don't you take your all your electronic gadgets and see how many of them you can fit up your @ss phuckface?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I thought DB was using his mug in his avatar. :)

Jack you gotta know a lot of your questions were covered in this thread which gives you an idea whether an Android tablet is the right choice for you. After you posted in the thread you started it sounds like the iPad 1 might be the better choice if it links seamlessly with your iPhone. I'd go that route unless you're tempted to join the Dark Side.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

JackB1 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:Question has been discussed ad-nauseum. Read this whole thread.

What an amazing phucking gigantic @hole d-bag you are. Would anyone even talk to you or put up with your arrogant bullsh*t if you weren't a computer nerd who knows a lot about this stuff? Would anyone even talk to you? I was asking a legitimate question...actually Rodster was and you answer in your typical "can't be bothered" way and you have to add an unprovoked insult at the end aimed me for no reason at all? You don't even have the guts to say "jackass" because you're a little punkass puss-y that hides behind his keyboard and wouldn't say sh*t to anyone face to face. There's a good reason why you never post your picture, meet anyone else from this board, post your email or ANY details whatsoever about yourself. You're a scared anonymous a-hole that's all brave when he's hiding behind his firewall. So why don't you take your all your electronic gadgets and see how many of them you can fit up your @ss phuckface?

calm down bro, it's just a tablet. Not cool posting another guy's mug on here assuming that's DB. That's stalkerish man.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Rodster wrote:I thought DB was using his mug in his avatar. :)
Would you if you looked this??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
He really breaks the stereotype of the typical computer geek, doesn't he?

Edited pic out. Scoop
Last edited by JackB1 on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

JackB1 wrote:
That's DB?! :)

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Rodster wrote:
JackB1 wrote:
That's DB?! :)
Well, it's his Twitter profile pic, so I would think so.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

delete - double post

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Absolutely and without question not a cool thing to do at all. A ban will be forthcoming when Jared decides how long to make it. Under no circumstances will social network stalking be tolerated at DSP.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

ScoopBrady wrote:Absolutely and without question not a cool thing to do at all. A ban will be forthcoming when Jared decides how long to make it. Under no circumstances will social network stalking be tolerated at DSP.
I could really care less. He started it by insulting and provoked me
for no reason. I posted a link to his Twitter pic, which is not exactly
private. How is that "social network stalking". Besides, it pales in
comparison to all the insults he has hurled my way over the years.
You would think he would have grown up by now...he's over 40 now
for God's sake. I haven't addresses him in over a year and someone
else asks him a question for me and he insults me for no reason?
Why is he allowed to provoke me for no reason? That doesn't deserve
something?

So go ahead an ban me and reward Scott for his immature, passive aggressive
behavior that he has gotten away with for all these years. Why change now?

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Jack you gotta know a lot of your questions were covered in this thread which gives you an idea whether an Android tablet is the right choice for you. After you posted in the thread you started it sounds like the iPad 1 might be the better choice if it links seamlessly with your iPhone. I'd go that route unless you're tempted to join the Dark Side.
Rodster, I appreciate your offering to help and trying to ask Scott for me, but I had a feeling he would react the way he did. The other thread was 100% about Android stuff and that was only one part of my question and I thought it warranted it's own thread. I did read through it and only found info mostly about the Galaxy and it really didn't answer my questions. That's OK, I will continue researching on other sites that specialize in that stuff. Thanks anyway for trying to help.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

delete - double post. (I don't know what's going on with these double posts)???

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

ScoopBrady wrote:Absolutely and without question not a cool thing to do at all. A ban will be forthcoming when Jared decides how long to make it. Under no circumstances will social network stalking be tolerated at DSP.
Agreed - that was a pretty epic meltdown. Banning now - not sure how long it'll be - at least a few weeks.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

So did everyone hear...the Xoom was updated to Honeycomb 3.2 yesterday? :lol: :lol:

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Probably because I've been banned for it too, but I don't understand the "social media stalking" charge at all. As an attorney, part of my job is to use other things that people say in other places. It's not like twitter is private, after all. I'm not even on twitter but I still like to read what other people say on there as a source of information. If I see something that Jack says on twitter, why can't I ask him something about it here, so long as it's in a thread on the same topic? How is it any different than taking something that someone says in one thread here and bringing it up in a different thread here? If you say something on twitter, in this day and age, is it unreasonable to expect you may hear about it later? I know the bottom line answer is that it's Jared's board and he can do whatever the hell he likes, but I don't understand the reasoning for it at all. I can see where making fun of someone else's photo is crossing the line, though.