Tiger Woods 12 - Masters Edition

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

WillHunting
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Tiger Woods 12 - Masters Edition

Post by WillHunting »

JRod wrote:

Why does EA require the user to play or win all Masters Moments to get into the Masters. I have the way EA thinks it should limit their career mode. Just let us play tournament golf if we want to in our career.
So they can sell you Masters tournament as DLC for $5 at launch.
+++++++++++++++
Gamertag: The Praxis
+++++++++++++++

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

WillHunting wrote:
JRod wrote:

Why does EA require the user to play or win all Masters Moments to get into the Masters. I have the way EA thinks it should limit their career mode. Just let us play tournament golf if we want to in our career.
So they can sell you Masters tournament as DLC for $5 at launch.
Are you serious? This is a Masters edition and you need to by the tournament? WTF.

WillHunting
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by WillHunting »

JRod wrote:
WillHunting wrote: So they can sell you Masters tournament as DLC for $5 at launch.
Are you serious? This is a Masters edition and you need to by the tournament? WTF.
I am not serious, although I would not be surprised if EA pull something like that. I am so sick of day 1 DLC from sports games, EA in particular.
+++++++++++++++
Gamertag: The Praxis
+++++++++++++++

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

TW 12 Demo releases tomorrow for 360/PS3....

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

DivotMaker wrote:TW 12 Demo releases tomorrow for 360/PS3....
Look forward to try Augusta with 'The Move'.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

My understanding is that the demo consists of 5 holes of TPC San Antonio with the final hole being the 18th at Augusta. I believe there is a blog about the demo at the EA Sports TW website....

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

No demo for the PS3 yet, it's out for the 360 all 1.5GB.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

PS3 demo out on US PSN now...downloading it now.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I like it. The demo's too easy, for sure, but I like the caddie stuff, and the presentation is fantastic. The video intro to 18 at the Masters is very well done.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Teal wrote:I like it. The demo's too easy, for sure, but I like the caddie stuff, and the presentation is fantastic. The video intro to 18 at the Masters is very well done.
Playing TPC San Antonio with the Move I shot +10 for 5 holes in Tournament difficulty....not too easy here.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I didn't get a chance to play it using the Move yet...I was too busy playing The Show and 2K11. I'll definitely be checking it out tonight. I did enjoy the new animations and presentation. The demo is obviously on easy mode. I'll give The Show HR Derby a try with the Move tonight also.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

You can change the difficulty in the demo, at least on the 360. I like the challenge of Tournament difficutly but do not like not having a putting meter to help gauge putting power. Also, you can change the course difficulty options. I changed my course settings to tournament and boy are the greens fast.

Tour Pro difficulty is nice but I do not like how the Caddy will sometimes tell you exactly where to aim to make a putt. You can pretty much nail it everytime when this happens.

Overall I am impressed with the quality of the demo. I will probably settle on tour pro and just go in with the understanding that I won't be able to compete in the online tournaments, because I am sure we will continue to see outrageous scores online. Tournament difficulty will most likely just frustrate me too much, especailly with what little time I will have to play.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I vowed not to buy anything with this guys name on it and after the demo, I'll stick w/ that. Not saying the game is not good, it's just enough of video game golf I need. Few holes from the demo satisfy me. Thanks EA for saving me 60+ bucks.

I agree w/ the above poster, the quality of the demo is probably the best I've ever downloaded.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I really liked the overall presentation. The Caddie feature was eye candy in the beginning but the original interest quickly faded for me and wished there was an option to turn him off. Really, I would rather play Augusta without any insight help. The use of true aim now is sort of redundant and that feature alone was half the fun in last year's version. In real life a caddie and his golfer discuss the different options available, wind changes, club use but no where the ball land exactly as it's generally suggested in the game. But it's the Masters and I have the game pre-ordered, I still dig TW online.

Pete
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Pete »

I pre-ordered also.

Having Augusta and The Masters is worth the price alone for me. It is by far my favorite tourney to watch.

I also may purchase The Move if the impressions with this game are positive.

bulls23
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by bulls23 »

Preordered for 360. Enjoyed the demo. Last TW game I bought was 10. Really appreciate the addition of in-game saves and Multiplayer Tour!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Just played about 10 holes at TPC San Antonio with the Move controller on Tournament settings...WOW. Very cool stuff. Can't wait for the full version. I traded in a few old games and preordered the Collectors Edition for about $12 :)
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I have found that trying to swing overly hard with the Move controller is not good :) A nice smooth swing can get you the full power you need.

Anyone (Divot) have any other tips for consistency with the Move controller?
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Diablo25 wrote:I have found that trying to swing overly hard with the Move controller is not good :) A nice smooth swing can get you the full power you need.

I would not spend alot of time trying to learn the Move functionality of the demo. I am not real happy with the Move right now as it is unfinished and does not play well in the demo (IMO). One of the TW Devs posted in the forums that the Move functionality received alot of tuning and tweaking (3 weeks worth) post-demo, so I am spending my time building XP with the DS3 for now. Will be anxious to see how the Move functionality works in the full version.

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

I thought the Masters thing in the demo was pretty cool, but wasn't crazy at all about playing the Tiburon course. Not sure if it was because I didn't like how they utilized the Move, or because I'm not a huge golf fan to begin with, or because I just didn't care for the game. Shame that the demo doesn't represent the final Move product, as now I will probably just wait until next year's demo to try it again. It would be cool if they'd release an updated demo sometime after the game comes out, but I don't know that I've ever seen anyone do that before.

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

Enjoyed the Demo. I've played the TPC San Antonio course a few times in real life. It's represented well in the demo. I'm still a 3 click guy for this game. It sucked in the demo. Hoping it's squared away for the full version.
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

DivotMaker wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:I have found that trying to swing overly hard with the Move controller is not good :) A nice smooth swing can get you the full power you need.

I would not spend alot of time trying to learn the Move functionality of the demo. I am not real happy with the Move right now as it is unfinished and does not play well in the demo (IMO). One of the TW Devs posted in the forums that the Move functionality received alot of tuning and tweaking (3 weeks worth) post-demo, so I am spending my time building XP with the DS3 for now. Will be anxious to see how the Move functionality works in the full version.
Yeah, just like in Topspin 4 I was kinda of disappointed with the Move as there are some shots hat you just can't pull well with it. Hope the tweaking helps for the final product.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:

Yeah, just like in Topspin 4 I was kinda of disappointed with the Move as there are some shots hat you just can't pull well with it. Hope the tweaking helps for the final product.
Will do Divot. Can't wait.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Amazon.com has a $25 gaming coupon with the purchase of The Masters (PS3 and 360). :)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... ssgam08-20

edit: The Wii version has a $20 gaming coupon.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Divot which version is the one to get? I have all three systems. I preordered the 360 version but now i'm rethinking going with the Wii because it will probably have the most courses included.