OT: NCAA March Madness

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

johnvon314
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by johnvon314 »

Congratulations to my Heels!! About as perfect a half of basketball as you'll ever see against quality competition. Got a little conservative and sloppy in the second half, but it was pretty much over anyway. Congrats to the Spartans on a great run, but the better team won tonight.

For all the championships, this is the only one I didn't have to hold my breath much. I still remember when Jordan had hair and hit the baseline shot against the Hoyas. Good memories all!

John

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I don't think anyone would have beat North Carolina last night. They played a perfect first half. Granted, Michigan State helped them out with all the unforced turnovers, but when a team shoots better than 60%, there is a good chance you won't beat them, even on a good night.

Michigan State is a very good basketball team. They did beat two excellent #1 seeds to get to the Finals. North Carolina is simply a better team. UConn or Louisville would have gotten man handled by them last night too.

Great college basketball season. Next years season looks very promising as well. Kansas, Kentucky, Wake Forest, and Duke could very well be in next years Final Four.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Congrats Murph on UConn's perfect season.

I think this says everything you need to know about UConn's dominance.

UConn won every one of its 39 games by double digits, a first in college basketball.
[url=http://sites.google.com/site/bmdsooner/]My place for games![/url]

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

huh? I thought UNC won?

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

fsquid wrote:huh? I thought UNC won?
It was rescinded. The NCAA decided that Roy Williams had enough championships already.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Murph wrote:
fsquid wrote:huh? I thought UNC won?
It was rescinded. The NCAA decided that Roy Williams had enough championships already.
Thought it would be long before Obama redistributed the college basketball wealth.