Fallout 3

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

This f***er is hard...
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:The PC version has been fine for me so far. It's frickin gorgeous BTW. 1920x1200 ultra high details...runs fine. Same as Far Cry 2...I love how these software guys are optimizing games these days.
Serves me right for being impatient. At least I didn't get the PS3 version. :lol:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

So...we may want to include some spoiler warnings as we go along...so SPOILER:

Anyone else, nuke the first city? Damn, that was sweet looking! LOL...not sure what the benefit was...just hope my dad wasn't there.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I'm completely fished in, and I only played for a couple of hours last night. The character creation and training is outstanding. I love the way you get a feel for Vault society and your family background, instead of just generating an empty character.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Brando70 wrote:I'm completely fished in, and I only played for a couple of hours last night. The character creation and training is outstanding. I love the way you get a feel for Vault society and your family background, instead of just generating an empty character.
Totally agree.. I wanted to stay up all night.. I'm totally engrossed so far and being a nice kid.. for now... :twisted:

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

This game is simply massive. I'm 8 hours in and just left the supermart. Spent a lot of time (wasted time really) wandering around the school. Was hoping to get more out of the SPOILER:

Tunnel in the basement. Appeared to lead nowhere which i guess i should have know when the note said digging had stopped thanks to the ant things.

On the spoiler note, anyone deal with those fire breathing ants yet? Christ those things suck.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

RallyMonkey wrote:This game is simply massive. I'm 8 hours in and just left the supermart. Spent a lot of time (wasted time really) wandering around the school. Was hoping to get more out of the SPOILER:

Tunnel in the basement. Appeared to lead nowhere which i guess i should have know when the note said digging had stopped thanks to the ant things.

On the spoiler note, anyone deal with those fire breathing ants yet? Christ those things suck.
Spoiler response:

Man, I hate the damned fire ants. They're slow, but they've got a HELL of a throw with that flame. Found an assault rifle that makes it somewhat easier to take their legs out, but I hate walking around town and hearing the shuffle of those things, not knowing where the hell it's coming from. Very unsettling.

I love this game.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

SPOILER (we really need a spoiler tag for the forum software :)

The Fire ants quest gets even harder, I finished it last night just make sure you have lots and lots of ammo. As you get to the end you're going to fight some tougher ants.

If you're good enough take out their "antener" first cause it confuses them and they move slower then blast them in the head.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

This is the first game since Rock Band where I wish I could call in sick so I could play it all day. I made it out of the vault last night and the landscape is breathtaking.

The atmosphere in the game is incredible. I think the characters have more personality than Oblivion, and the trace elements of civilization make the overall landscape that much more bleak and foreboding.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Brando70 wrote:I made it out of the vault last night and the landscape is breathtaking.

The atmosphere in the game is incredible. I think the characters have more personality than Oblivion, and the trace elements of civilization make the overall landscape that much more bleak and foreboding.
Agree on all points and the game is F-in hard in the beginning.

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

SPOILER

During my escape from Vault 101, I killed the overseer and the person that was in the office there with him. Then I proceeded to wack the overseer's daughter (Adaima?), gangster style, with a couple of rounds to the back of the head....she's laying on the ground ( and I don't get the "search" option on her body, only the "talk" option.) I guess she somehow survives my bullets through her skull, because later she comes to see me on my way out after opening the vault 101 door. LOL. I asked her if she wanted to come with me outside the vault but she said she was too pissed at me for killing her Daddy. Didn't mention the lead I pumped in to HER head though. HA HA.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

I really love the radio stations. The characters are a bit stiffer than I'd hoped, just from an animation standpoint, and reminiscient of Oblivion, but obviously a big improvement in faces as evidenced by the fact that I totally would have banged the waitress in that bar in Megaton, while every woman in Oblivion looked like someone's Latvian uncle in drag. I couldn't resist the Lady Killer perk, by the by.

As for escaping the Vault... SPOILERS:

I was happy to not have to kill the overseer, instead taking the chance and making threats over his daughter that I would have in no way carried out. Hopefully word never gets back to her... I didn't mean it!

That "ghoul" in the bar also really creeped me out. Were those burns, or mutations? It sounded like there were a lot more like him in D.C. proper.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Rodster wrote:
Brando70 wrote:I made it out of the vault last night and the landscape is breathtaking.

Agree on all points and the game is F-in hard in the beginning.
Are people playing on normal level, or did you bump up the difficulty? I am playing on normal right now, following a mostly good path.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Yeah i'm playing on normal which like you said forces you to follow a safe path before you level up. I think the games difficulty is brilliant which adds to the tension.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:Yeah i'm playing on normal which like you said forces you to follow a safe path before you level up. I think the games difficulty is brilliant which adds to the tension.
Couldn't agree more, Oblivions level encounters were the worst part of that game, there was no danger, no pucker factor.

**Rant On**

The removal of any kind of consequence in todays games is killing gaming IMO. The goal of getting people through the game with as little hassle and making game shorter in most cases doesn't make the game a better experience. If I'm a lowly guy and I decided to bust into a Brotherhood of Steel HQ and start shooting, I should die instantly.

In the example above killing the daughter should or not had her see you out, I can only assume that she plays a role in the end of this game. But from what I've read there are multiple endings, so why not let you kill her?

**Rant Off**

With that said this game does a 1000% better job at making things count then Oblivion did. Nuke the first town and you lose a lots of quests.
Follow Me on:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:Nuke the first town and you lose a lots of quests.
But it sure does look f'n cool.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

This game is going to take over my life...I can see it coming...
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

I don't know why you would think that. Just because i've told the wife the last two nights that she looked tired and should go to bed early so i'd have more time to play doesn't mean it's a game that takes over your life does it....... 8O

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

RallyMonkey wrote:
I don't know why you would think that. Just because i've told the wife the last two nights that she looked tired and should go to bed early so i'd have more time to play doesn't mean it's a game that takes over your life does it....... 8O
:lol: :lol: :lol: Been doing that for years, RM-but sometimes I go with her... :D :D :D

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Teal wrote:
RallyMonkey wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Been doing that for years, RM-but sometimes I go with her... :D :D :D
At least you're only gone for a minute or two...then back to the games! :lol:

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

Danimal wrote: With that said this game does a 1000% better job at making things count then Oblivion did. Nuke the first town and you lose a lots of quests.
I ended up ratting to the sheriff and we capped that guy in the bar together. He killed the sheriff though which actually worked out pretty well because I could then steal his sweet rifle:) The characters in the game do some really bizarre things when you're talking with them too. After the sheriff died his kid comes into the bar and starts talking to me about his dad in this odd matter-of-fact kind of way that ruined my post gun fight buzz. Not to mention the dead bodies were kicking it on the floor about 10-15 ft from our conversation, next to Lucy West who continued sipping her drink as if nothing had happened. I then wandered into the armory, fought with a combat droid but ended up fleeing the town with everyone shooting at me but then returned the next day and everything was hunky dorey. There are lots of moments like this that trip up the atmosphere for me but I'm still playing it... for now.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

Did anyone find the dog yet?

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Teal wrote:
RallyMonkey wrote: I don't know why you would think that. Just because i've told the wife the last two nights that she looked tired and should go to bed early so i'd have more time to play doesn't mean it's a game that takes over your life does it....... 8O
At least you're only gone for a minute or two...then back to the games! :lol:
TOUCHE! Asked for that one, didn't I? :lol:

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

So far, I haven't found the game that difficult. Not easy, but not really hard. I'm pretty well stocked with guns and ammo after one of the sidequests.

I love that the weapons and armor degrade with use and abuse. It makes stocking your character more strategic as you need to think about backup weapons in case you overuse a gun and can't repair it right away.

I also like how merchants don't have an unlimited supply of caps. I had a bunch of gear to trade, and the merchant ran out of money.

I'm also laughing with Rally and Teal. I use the "you look tired" thing all the time. This weekend, I may even pull out the "I'll stay up in case our daughter wakes up" gambit so I can game until 3 in the morning. :D

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

If you stay on the set quests the game isn't going to put you up against it too much, start wandering and you might find some nasty stuff.

I'm constantly in search of ammo, the Ant Quests was the worst. How do you find yourself so well stocked?
Follow Me on: