Madden 09 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

greggsand wrote:So, how does one obtain the latest rosters for offline play? I wanna start a franchise with the latest rosters & I remember EA usually has some bizarre method for getting rosters off the Xbox Live (360)...
You still have to go online and try to set up a quick online game....at least thats how I had to do it.

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by icvu42 »

I don't have XBOX Live Gold (see my post on how my subscription card was unreadable and the good people of Microsoft won't do anything about it)

Anyways my brother has downloaded the rosters. I brought my hard drive over to his place tonight and he copied his rosters to his memory card and then tried to copy them to mine, but it wouldn't allow it.

Any ideas on how to get it to copy?

Thanks.

Rick

slyguy
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by slyguy »

greggsand wrote:So, how does one obtain the latest rosters for offline play? I wanna start a franchise with the latest rosters & I remember EA usually has some bizarre method for getting rosters off the Xbox Live (360)...
Start a online game(unranked) and it will update the rosters i think it ask's if you want to save it for offline just click yes and save

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I can get my highlights to EAs site.

Now how do I get them here?

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

XXXIV wrote:I can get my highlights to EAs site.

Now how do I get them here?
Last year with NCAA, you could save from the EA site as an FMV, then upload that FMV to some hosting site (I used brightcove last year, but I think they allow that stuff anymore), and from that hosting site you could get it onto here.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I decided to start a franchise with the Chargers and gave Heelfan's custom sliders a try. I was pretty impressed. I played a preseason game against the Cowboys, and Barber and Felix Jones combines for 220 yards on 27 rushes (playing 10 minute quarters). They both broke off 50 yard TD runs, which inflated the numbers, but were still effective anyway. I didn't do very well with Tomlinson, but ran over the Cowboys 2nd stringers in the 2nd half, including a 67-yard TD run.

The completion percentages are still too high because the QBs are too accurate, but the overall game played really well. I'm having more fun than I've had with this series since the XBox days.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Brando70 wrote:

The completion percentages are still too high because the QBs are too accurate, but the overall game played really well. I'm having more fun than I've had with this series since the XBox days.
The qbs are very accurate for the most part ...yes...but as you play you will see some games that they dont do as well.

The game is definately fun to play and in the end that is the idea.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Game is great online too...unless you play zeppo...f***in cheater! :lol:

Pete
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Pete »

I had a great game tonight as the Raiders vs the Broncos. Beat them 17-16 as they missed an extra point early.

Using heelfans sliders tweaked a little. Still have way too many INTs. I intercepted 5 passes, one sealing the game at the 10 with seconds left.

Anyone else getting this many?

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

XXXIV wrote:Game is great online too...unless you play zeppo...f***in cheater! :lol:
You're damn right. Any advantage I can get. Even if it's only as easy as distracting you with mindless chatter. There're more tricks in the book, but there's no need to pull out the good stuff when the easy stuff works so well. :P

I'm really digging this game online more and more as I get used to it. I'm still having trouble running the ball in the middle, but I keep feeling like I'm really close to squirting through. I'm trying to lay off the sprint, but the juke on the R-stick seems to take away too much momentum. Is it the A-button that is the key? Turbo at the right time? So close, and yet so far. The passing game is really opening up more and more. I love how on both offense and defense a lot of the game is about the player making the play, making the difference with the juke or the tackle or knocking down the pass or making the move in the open field, or even the pre-snap audibles and adjustments.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Pete wrote:I had a great game tonight as the Raiders vs the Broncos. Beat them 17-16 as they missed an extra point early.

Using heelfans sliders tweaked a little. Still have way too many INTs. I intercepted 5 passes, one sealing the game at the 10 with seconds left.

I'm not, I'm lucky if I get one a game of course i use the Bears. Do you manually control the DB's? I find when i do that I can get a lot more picks then if I let them do their thing.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Zeppo wrote:
XXXIV wrote:Game is great online too...unless you play zeppo...f***in cheater! :lol:
You're damn right. Any advantage I can get. Even if it's only as easy as distracting you with mindless chatter. There're more tricks in the book, but there's no need to pull out the good stuff when the easy stuff works so well. :P
Im Always having too much fun playing to pay attention to playing :D
At least I finally got a delay of game penalty out of you.

As for running I think the key is patience and looking for the cut back lane when it opens...Its only there for a split second. Ya and laying off turbo unless its open sailing.
Some plays...there just isnt a run there at all. The game has decided or rolled the dice and said you will not gain anything.

Too bad no one is running a league :cry:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Danimal wrote:
Pete wrote:I had a great game tonight as the Raiders vs the Broncos. Beat them 17-16 as they missed an extra point early.

I'm not, I'm lucky if I get one a game of course i use the Bears. Do you manually control the DB's? I find when i do that I can get a lot more picks then if I let them do their thing.
Ive been getting a ton with the Rams...9 min qtrs...Played an entire regular season and had 3+ ints in 11 of the 16 games. I control a dt so the AI was getting them.

At the same time I only recovered 2 fumbles the entire season.

I think Im going to try Heelfans next season...

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

XXXIV wrote: Ive been getting a ton with the Rams...9 min qtrs...Played an entire regular season and had 3+ ints in 11 of the 16 games. I control a dt so the AI was getting them.

How did you do with the Rams?

It was nice to see the offense clicking last night for a change. ;)

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

MizzouRah wrote:
XXXIV wrote: Ive been getting a ton with the Rams...9 min qtrs...Played an entire regular season and had 3+ ints in 11 of the 16 games. I control a dt so the AI was getting them.

How did you do with the Rams?

It was nice to see the offense clicking last night for a change. ;)
After a 2-3 start....Im in the Superbowl vs the Steelers. Ya I need to boost the level up a lil closer to All madden. :wink:

As for the Lammies...
Was nice to see they finally scored a TD with the starters...I have hope. :)

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheGamer »

I finished my 1st season with the Cowboys, lost in the NFC Championship to the Seahawks after going 12-4 in the regular season. I was using the My Skill settings. I'm into game 5 of my second season, and I've been using Heel's sliders. what I've noticed as I've gone back in and looked at the sliders periodically, is that they are adjusting up and down after each game. I've set my settings to use custom sliders and also when I start a new game, the options are set to custom. Is anyone else experiencing this or am I doing something incorrectly? I've been enjoying the game under Heel's sliders, especially the running game isn't as frustrating, I just can't stop the pitching machine they call a QB in this game.
XBL gamertag:SecondACR Vet
PSN: BHoward1
http://community.2ksports.com/community ... id=1010465
http://twitter.com/ BradHowardSr

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

XXXIV wrote:
After a 2-3 start....Im in the Superbowl vs the Steelers. Ya I need to boost the level up a lil closer to All madden. :wink:

As for the Lammies...
Was nice to see they finally scored a TD with the starters...I have hope. :)
Well.. good for you!

I can't wait for college football season to start on Saturday and NFL a week later!!!

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I haven't used any sliders and continue to use the My Skill feature with great result. My last game against the Bengals Palmer went 14 for 21. The only thing I've touched is upping the penalties and playing 8-minute quarters doesn't seem to be getting me enough yards and plays. I'm thinking of upping it to 10-minute quarters.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

ScoopBrady wrote: I'm thinking of upping it to 10-minute quarters.
8O My God, man! This is going to result in something like those 4-day Cricket matches LOL
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

What was their reason for getting rid of in game saves?

Also, how come the turf/grass on the replays look better than the in game turf/grass?

I took a 2 day break from the game since I was overplaying it imo. I've played 2 games of my franchise today and it was refreshing. Lost 21-0 vs the first place Jag's, lost a lot of fumbles in the redzone and threw too many picks. But bounced right back with a 21-0 win on my side vs the 1 win last place bears. I am 10-3 now and in first place with the vikings. Tied for best record with the Pats in the NFL.

But I know when the playoffs start, It'll be tough. My qb is the weakest part of my team, but my rb is awesome.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

The CPU just keeps throwing a TON of INT's every game. Last game the cpu was NO & I was ARZ, Brees throws 7 picks! So far, the cpu is averaging 4 picks a game (at least). Anyone else seeing a high numbers of picks?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

greggsand wrote:The CPU just keeps throwing a TON of INT's every game. Last game the cpu was NO & I was ARZ, Brees throws 7 picks! So far, the cpu is averaging 4 picks a game (at least). Anyone else seeing a high numbers of picks?
XXXIV wrote:
Danimal wrote:

Ive been getting a ton with the Rams...9 min qtrs...Played an entire regular season and had 3+ ints in 11 of the 16 games. I control a dt so the AI was getting them.

Yes...

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

greggsand wrote:The CPU just keeps throwing a TON of INT's every game. Last game the cpu was NO & I was ARZ, Brees throws 7 picks! So far, the cpu is averaging 4 picks a game (at least). Anyone else seeing a high numbers of picks?
Use to get it in My Skill mode but not anymore with all Madden or Custom. I hardly get any picks now and if I do, it has to be throw right to me. Before, when the cpu did a out and I was there, I'd get the pick but on the current level i'm on, the DB will drop the ball unless it's actually in his hands.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

People keep referencing "heelfans" sliders. What are those?

edit: i found them

Passing 10
QB Accuracy: 35
Pass Blocking: 70
WR Catching: 45

Rushing 7
Broken Tackles: 70
Run Blocking: 70
Fumbles: 50

Pass Defense 6
Reaction Time: 100
Interceptions: 20
Pass Rushing: 100

Rush Defense 16
Reaction Time: 0
Block Shedding: 30
Tackling: 30

Special Teams
FG Power: 30
FG Accuracy: 20
Punt Power: 45
Punt Accuracy: 45
Kickoff Power: 45

Penalties: All set to 100

Pete
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Pete »

I have averaged 4 picks (as a defense) per game. I think this is to high but, and this is hard to explain, I think it balances out my defenses ability to stop the CPU. Meaning, I don't hold them as much to make them punt, but with the picks, it balances things. Make any sense?

When I know I have a ton of time to play, 10 minute qtrs. are great. Saturday evening I had some time and played an hour and a half game, drinking some beers, having a great time. My wife told my to shut up 3 or 4 times, asking why I even play the game if I get so frustrated. Good times.