PS3 Impressions Yes Another One....

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

Thanks for the info!

Gamecocks625
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Gamecocks625 »

Well, I've now joined the party. Bluray movies look incredible. Anyways, I keep having a few game demos freeze up on me (Tiger Woods and NCAA 08). Anyone else have this problem?

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

joined up too!!

it is downloading the system update...

what do i need to really enjoy the PS3?

getting MLB 09 or whatever year it will be this year....

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

You can download the demos -- Uncharted, Ratchet, MLB 08, GT, etc.

But it takes a long time so get started early.

Airdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Airdog »

I too have decided to join the party, although I probably won't play games on it much (The Show sounds tasty, however). I'm getting a 40" Bravia V3000 and the 20GB PS3. Yay free stuff.
- Rob
PSN: smearobe

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

wco81 wrote:You can download the demos -- Uncharted, Ratchet, MLB 08, GT, etc.

my god...the download times for demo games is freaking INSANE..

nice system so far....

Gamecocks625
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Gamecocks625 »

Sudz wrote:
wco81 wrote:You can download the demos -- Uncharted, Ratchet, MLB 08, GT, etc.

my god...the download times for demo games is freaking INSANE..

nice system so far....
Good gosh, tell me about it. The sucker has been on all day downloading demos. It takes FOREVER. Since this is my first next-gen system, I'm loving the free demos though (and bluray). I've never been into baseball games (more of a PES/NCAA Football fan), but MLB 08 looks incredible!

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

i wish it would stil download when it is in hibernation mode...

phooooey.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I have my router close to my PS3 so I just use a wired connection. Not sure if that matters, but it only took me about a half hour to download the Show demo and my Rock Band downloads are pretty fast. I remember everything taking forever when I was using the built-in wireless. It could just be coincidence though.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

I am quite impressed by the hardware, it just seems incredibly well put together and solid; something I have never been able to say about the 360. My wife prefers I play the PS3 since it doesn't sound like I'm vacuuming or a jet is taking off in the living room!

And the openness of the system is also nice, being able to use a USB drive to transfer rosters or game saves is a huge advantage, especially when it comes to NCAA and baseball games.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Dave wrote:I am quite impressed by the hardware, it just seems incredibly well put together and solid; something I have never been able to say about the 360. My wife prefers I play the PS3 since it doesn't sound like I'm vacuuming or a jet is taking off in the living room!

GF prefers the ps3 too...as its cool looking and she loves the way she can easily play the music library off of the pc

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Leebo33 wrote:I have my router close to my PS3 so I just use a wired connection. Not sure if that matters, but it only took me about a half hour to download the Show demo and my Rock Band downloads are pretty fast. I remember everything taking forever when I was using the built-in wireless. It could just be coincidence though.
Wired connection definitely makes a difference. Less than a half hour for me to DL The Show demo last week.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

I dont think its the wired connection that is better i think Mlb was just a quick download as it was quick for me also when they usualy take forever and all i have is the 20 gig cheapo with wired only.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I just convinced a friend today after his 360 failed he is better off getting a PS3.

Come on Sony get a good god dam online service up so I don't need to be wed to Live.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:I just convinced a friend today after his 360 failed he is better off getting a PS3.

Come on Sony get a good god dam online service up so I don't need to be wed to Live.
Are you working for Sony now? :lol: Only kidding.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

I wouldn't raise my hopes of a much better PS3 online experience than what they have now.

If they make things better, fine but you have to be prepared for the likelihood that things won't change much at all.

Sony hopes Home will be some 3D, interactive version of Myspace or Facebook with the popularity of those services. But I really don't see what would be the incentive for publishers to make content for Home.

If they provide a more consistent online gathering and game launching interface, it would be a huge improvement. But Sony would have to deliver tools and make it easy for developers to support such online features and let's face it, their record on providing such tools is dubious.

EA Sports games on PS2 had more uniform and useful online features than their PS3 games.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Danimal wrote:I just convinced a friend today after his 360 failed he is better off getting a PS3.

lol, if your friend was a XBL-type of guy, he's gonna be cursing you.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I know I've seen Home, there is a reason the general public isn't seeing or hearing anything about it.

I can hope though.

An Dan I am not working for Sony, don't you know I work for EA :)
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Danimal wrote:
An Dan I am not working for Sony, don't you know I work for EA :)
8)

spooky157
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by spooky157 »

wco81 wrote: Sony hopes Home will be some 3D, interactive version of Myspace or Facebook with the popularity of those services. But I really don't see what would be the incentive for publishers to make content for Home.
I can't see Home ever reaching the popularity of Myspace and Facebook because there are ladies on those sites...Home is going to be a sausage party in comparison.

I've had my PS3 for a couple of months now and I have yet to play online with it. That will change when GT5 hits.

Gamecocks625
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Gamecocks625 »

Did any of you guys have your PS3 freeze on you when you tried to play the NCAA Football, PES 2008, or Tiger Woods demo? I'm wondering if it's the demo that causes it to freeze at certain times or if there is something wrong with the particular PS3 that I bought.

WillHunting
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by WillHunting »

Gamecocks625 wrote:Did any of you guys have your PS3 freeze on you when you tried to play the NCAA Football, PES 2008, or Tiger Woods demo? I'm wondering if it's the demo that causes it to freeze at certain times or if there is something wrong with the particular PS3 that I bought.
I have had random freezes in various game demos/PS3 or even PS2 games. It is random as far as I can tell since a reboot fixes the problem.
+++++++++++++++
Gamertag: The Praxis
+++++++++++++++

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

I actualy think home may have promise, heres a scenario, Zeppo calls another poker night so instead of waiting in a lobby doing nothing at 7:30 we all meet at the red lion pub on home it would be like cheers, as you see your friends walking in to the bar it would be "Hi zeppo , where TF have you been ?" at least you could kinda interactivly hang out and if you can get good likenesses maybe get to know a fat face with a name.

I dunno just a thought.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Gamecocks625 wrote:Did any of you guys have your PS3 freeze on you when you tried to play the NCAA Football, PES 2008, or Tiger Woods demo? I'm wondering if it's the demo that causes it to freeze at certain times or if there is something wrong with the particular PS3 that I bought.
Before the Show came out for the PS3 last year my PS2 version used to freeze all the time and then occasionally my Blu Rays. Once I switched to a wired connection I haven't experienced any of those issues.
Follow Me on:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:I actualy think home may have promise, heres a scenario, Zeppo calls another poker night so instead of waiting in a lobby doing nothing at 7:30 we all meet at the red lion pub on home it would be like cheers, as you see your friends walking in to the bar it would be "Hi zeppo , where TF have you been ?" at least you could kinda interactivly hang out and if you can get good likenesses maybe get to know a fat face with a name.

I dunno just a thought.
Interesting. I think that sounds pretty cool actually.