OT: Eye of Judgment PS3

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

OT: Eye of Judgment PS3

Post by Blublub »

Anyone else playing this? I c..a...n...'...t stop. My "Game of the Year" for this week ;).

I got bunches of cards and looking to trade - anyone?

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

Fair enough - I had that one coming ;)

WillHunting
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by WillHunting »

God penny arcade is the most unfunny webcomic.
+++++++++++++++
Gamertag: The Praxis
+++++++++++++++

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

All geek jokes aside, I'm bumping this to see if there is anyone out there as hooked as I am. If you're on the fence take the plunge - it's more than just a gimmick - a very deep little game. Like chess with 110 possible pieces on each square. Have cards, must trade...PM me if in the same boat.

FatPitcher
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FatPitcher »

I would totally play this game if it didn't require buying a PS3. I still go to Magic pre-release tournaments every few months since a friend introduced me to the game a few years ago.

I also tried out Legends of Norrath, but it wasn't as interesting.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I used to be into CCG's back in the day (still play the occasional game of MTG but haven't bought any cards for years) but don't know anything about this game. I saw it costs $70. What does it come with for that? What's the point of the game? Is it similar to any other CCG? Is it online only or can you play against the cpu?
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I've played this and it is fun but I can't get into a CCG anymore, even if it has nice graphics and a cool little camera.

Also the fact that anyone with a scanner and printer can reproduce any card they want kind of kills the collectible aspect of the game.

Glad you're enjoying it though, I alway like to see board / card games cross over to the digital world.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

Danimal wrote:Also the fact that anyone with a scanner and printer can reproduce any card they want kind of kills the collectible aspect of the game..
Actually, it really hasn't. The game is well enough balanced that any single deck isn't going to win all the time. In fact I kinda welcome this as it evens the playing field where the rich kids don't necessarily win all the time, unlike MTG.

FatPitcher
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FatPitcher »

Blublub wrote:
Danimal wrote:Also the fact that anyone with a scanner and printer can reproduce any card they want kind of kills the collectible aspect of the game..
Actually, it really hasn't. The game is well enough balanced that any single deck isn't going to win all the time. In fact I kinda welcome this as it evens the playing field where the rich kids don't necessarily win all the time, unlike MTG.
I never played "constructed" formats in MTG when at all possible. I like the idea of making the most out of a limited card pool, where everyone is pretty much on an even footing. Drafting with 3 booster packs is my favorite format.

After the pre-release tourneys and friendly drafts I always give my cards away to friends. Not interested in the collecting aspect of the game and own no cards.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

I don't know if it's a great price but Amazon is touting it for $66 shipped.

WillHunting
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by WillHunting »

wco81 wrote:I don't know if it's a great price but Amazon is touting it for $66 shipped.
It is alright, $70 is retail.
+++++++++++++++
Gamertag: The Praxis
+++++++++++++++

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Traded some stuff in today and got this for $10. I'm really digging it so far but I'm getting my ass handed to me on the easiest difficulty. I'm assuming they sell cards at Gamestop? Anywhere else?
I am a patient boy.

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

Scoop, welcome to the addiction.

First, cards are in very short supply - good luck finding a source. If they haven't been cleaned out in your area, check Target (in the video game section, by the PS3 titles in the case) and ToysRUs. These are your only hopes locally. Amazon used to sell boosters singly (edit - they still have them in stock, as well as each of the five theme decks). Check Gamestop, but apparently they will no longer carry them after the first batches are gone (and most are long gone). Just about everywhere else they are backordered until January at the earliest.

It may be easier to score the five theme decks, which are pretty good values and each contains an ultra-rare card that can't be found in boosters.

If you can pick up some boosters, your best bet then is to start trading online. I have bought the five theme decks and maybe 40 boosters, and through a LOT of trading am one card short of completing the 110-card set (and that one is on its way from a pending trade). I was hesitant at first to trade with folks I didn't know, but I have now done about 15 trades and haven't been scammed once. Pretty remarkable given the prices some of these fetch on Ebay (averaging around $40 for one of the five "phantom" cards).

I continue to be pleasantly surprised at how deep and balanced this game is. No invincible deck has yet surfaced, and it remains very engaging to try out the various strategies each card combo offers. I too was getting demolished by the CPU at the easy level. Ultimately I beat it with each of the decks (beat the starter deck on normal and you'll progressively unlock the other theme decks). It definitely helps to have a few cards beyond that in the starter deck, but it's certainly not necessary to spend a fortune. Most good decks are made up of a ton of plentiful cards. Conserving mana is the key, and you wouldn't want to use too many of the rarer, higher-mana cards even though they are more powerful.

Here's some useful resources:

Eye of Judgment Card Manager (http://www.eojmanager.com/)
Invaluable site for tracking your collection, creating decks, etc. Has a very popular trade matchup feature that is great if you can find someone reasonable to trade with. Unfortunately there's a lot of unreasonable folks to wade through first.

Black Cubic (http://blackcubic.com/)
Excellent strategy site with card reviews (one added daily).

Biolith Palace (http://biolithpalace.freeforums.org/index.php)
Smaller forum with strategy and general discussions. Invaluable community for trading, in my case. Much more reasonable and reliable traders here in the trading forum. Never could have come close to completing the set without the folks here.

Finally, the Sony PS3 forums have a separate section for EOJ that is also very helpful.

Hope that helps, and good luck. I've got tons of commons and uncommons to trade. I can shoot you a complete set of the commons if you have a hard time finding boosters - just PM me your address. If you start playing online, give me a ring on the PSN and we'll set up a match.

btmmayor
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by btmmayor »

Thanks for the links Blublub.

I just picked this game up about a week ago and my oldest son and I have had a blast with it. Sticking that card on the mat and watching your creature spawn through the map on the screen just never gets old. :)

I've been lucky as I've found dozens of the boosters available at 2 Toys R Us stores in my area. I need to look into trading or start searching Ebay as I'm hitting the point of diminishing returns when it comes to buying new booster packs.

Great, great game and I can't wait for further expansions.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Yeah, thanks for the links Blub. I finally had a chance to hunt down more cards today. I was able to get 3 boosters and the Fire Crusader pre-constructed deck. This game is a lot of fun and the camera with Eye Create is a ton of fun too.
I am a patient boy.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

I've got this on the way. Amazon had it for 55 a day or two ago and I couldn't resist. I am *very* loathe to get into a CCG but I'm hoping the novelty of this makes it entertaining with minimal additional investment.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

GameSeven wrote:I've got this on the way. Amazon had it for 55 a day or two ago and I couldn't resist. I am *very* loathe to get into a CCG but I'm hoping the novelty of this makes it entertaining with minimal additional investment.
Yeah, good luck with that. :wink:
I am a patient boy.

Millennium
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Millennium »

I just purchased this from Best Buy. With the absolute massive amounts of Gamestops in my area, and a Wizards of the Coast store within driving distance, getting booster packs or theme decks is no concern to me. I used to enjoy CCG's (played Magic back in the day), so I am really looking forward to getting into the nitty gritty of this.

Blublub, thanks for turning me on to this game with this thread. Game wasn't even on my radar, the links are helpful, too.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Millennium wrote:I used to enjoy CCG's (played Magic back in the day), so I am really looking forward to getting into the nitty gritty of this.
Pardon the thread interruption, but check out Culdcept too. (I just started another thread) It has a fun CCG aspect that took me pleasantly by surprise. I think some of you EoJ'ers might enjoy it.

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

Great to hear others are enjoying it. It has a ton of legs for me, particularly now that I've completed the set (at what cost don't even ask ;)). I'll try to take a look at the one Web mentioned.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I got a few games for Xmas but this is the onyl one I had a chance to open and I am not sure if I will keep it.

My room isn't ideal for playing this game. My theatre room is dark (intentionally) and this game requires good lighting, a table etc to play. I'm not sure it is worth the effort but I plan to give it some serious time to night and find out.

Granted I only got it hooked up and then tried to play it which was another mistake as this is nto a game you can pop in and start playing without reading the rule book etc.

So the question is what else can I use the camera for? I saw Scoop mention EyeCreate what is that? Does the camera server any other purpose yet?

Thanks
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

backbreaker
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by backbreaker »

Danimal wrote:I got a few games for Xmas but this is the onyl one I had a chance to open and I am not sure if I will keep it.

My room isn't ideal for playing this game. My theatre room is dark (intentionally) and this game requires good lighting, a table etc to play. I'm not sure it is worth the effort but I plan to give it some serious time to night and find out.

Granted I only got it hooked up and then tried to play it which was another mistake as this is nto a game you can pop in and start playing without reading the rule book etc.

So the question is what else can I use the camera for? I saw Scoop mention EyeCreate what is that? Does the camera server any other purpose yet?

Thanks

EyeCreate is editing software i.e. movie making ect... its a free download. they also have some interactive screen savers for a small fee and a game creature feature in the vein of lemmings and again you need good lighting.

The camera is also a mic a 4 array mic and its good if you don't like a headset you can just talk. My online set up is input equals pseye and output is bluetooth headset and sometimes I have it come through the speakers.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I read the camera is going to be used for future downloadable PSN arcade games.

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Are they any other compatible cameras for the PS3?