Console Wars - A Full Review (GREAT)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Sport73
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Console Wars - A Full Review (GREAT)

Post by Sport73 »

Sport73

"Can't we all just get along? I'll turn this car around RIGHT now!"

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

dang that was funny

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

My wife and I have watched all of his reviews since he started posting them at The Escapist. Heck, my wife hardly knows anything about the games he reviews but still loves to watch them.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

This guy is consistently excellent. Love the "howling dic&hole" line. And I'm with him on the C64. Best. Ever :)
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

slyguy
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by slyguy »

That was some good stuff

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

RobVarak wrote:This guy is consistently excellent. Love the "howling dic&hole" line. And I'm with him on the C64. Best. Ever :)
Dick holes now playing everynight on Shadowrun :)
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I know this guy is the new hot s*** right now, but frankly I don't get it.

So his deal is he rags on everything he can get his hands on, talks really fast and throws up cute little animations? Oh I forgot and he has an accent which somehow makes it funnier.

I never got Benny Hill either so I just chalk up my confusion to that.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Danimal wrote:I know this guy is the new hot s*** right now, but frankly I don't get it.

So his deal is he rags on everything he can get his hands on, talks really fast and throws up cute little animations? Oh I forgot and he has an accent which somehow makes it funnier.

I never got Benny Hill either so I just chalk up my confusion to that.
Its more like game satire. And its clever. To call this Benny Hill comedy is an ignorant statement.
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

JRod wrote:Its more like game satire. And its clever. To call this Benny Hill comedy is an ignorant statement.
EDIT:

So let me get this straight I say I don't like something and you turn it into a personal attack?

Lucky for you they don't actually mod this place like OS
Follow Me on:

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Danimal wrote: Lucky for you they don't actually mod this place like OS
Lucky for the world that they don't "mod" this place like OS :)

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Danimal wrote:
JRod wrote:Its more like game satire. And its clever. To call this Benny Hill comedy is an ignorant statement.
EDIT:

So let me get this straight I say I don't like something and you turn it into a personal attack?

Actually, I said the analogy to Benny Hill was an ignorant statement. How is that a personal attack. Benny Hill used misogynistic humor. This is more satirical. But hey if you thought it was a personal attack I can see where you get confused over Benny Hill.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I thought it was funny (all of his were funny). I just wonder if he does these all in one take - I imagine some protools would be involved.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

JRod wrote:
Danimal wrote:
EDIT:

Actually, I said the analogy to Benny Hill was an ignorant statement. How is that a personal attack. Benny Hill used misogynistic humor. This is more satirical. But hey if you thought it was a personal attack I can see where you get confused over Benny Hill.
To call that a personal attack was an ignorant statement. :wink:
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Whoa, whoa whoa! Let's not go dragging Benny Hill's good name into the sewer of your flame war :)

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

I mod. Scoop mods. We just kick it with different mod-fu.

I learned my modding from ascetic monks in the mountain highlands.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

JRod wrote: But hey if you thought it was a personal attack I can see where you get confused over Benny Hill.
Oh you're right I can see the difference now. Let me play because the below is not a personal attack by this forums standards.

Jrod I think you could have responded in a better manner to my posts if you really weren't trying to incite something. But I understand with your limited social skills and the desire to make yourself feel tough from behind a computer screen that it was wishful thinking at best.

I was thinking what would make this guy really want to start in with me, then it hit me. I've got to tell you big guy next time don't hold a grudge for this long, it will eat you up inside. To be perfectly clear if we look back it wasn't really me making an ass out of you in the APF thread, you managed that all on your own.

Also I fell compelled to inform you that because you think something is clever and funny, that doesn't make it so for everyone else. That's why everyone has different tastes, for example I prefer women and I would guess you prefer them as well. Just because your women require a credit card doesn't make your way weird, just more costly.

But hey no hard feelings, congrats on seizing the opportunity to make yourself feel good. I understand that this is something that probably is a rare occurance in your everyday life, if at all. Carpe diem! Bravo!

Enjoy the videos, they certainly are as clever as your posts.
Follow Me on:

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

I only ever get Yahtzee after I have already zeroed it out on the bottom of the scorecard. :cry:

/thought a full house was more likely

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

awesome.

and who hasn't beat off to the chicks on benny hill?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Higher Definition B*tch!

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Danimal wrote: Oh you're right I can see the difference now. Let me play because the below is not a personal attack by this forums standards.

Jrod I think you could have responded in a better manner to my posts if you really weren't trying to incite something. But I understand with your limited social skills and the desire to make yourself feel tough from behind a computer screen that it was wishful thinking at best.

I was thinking what would make this guy really want to start in with me, then it hit me. I've got to tell you big guy next time don't hold a grudge for this long, it will eat you up inside. To be perfectly clear if we look back it wasn't really me making an ass out of you in the APF thread, you managed that all on your own.

Also I fell compelled to inform you that because you think something is clever and funny, that doesn't make it so for everyone else. That's why everyone has different tastes, for example I prefer women and I would guess you prefer them as well. Just because your women require a credit card doesn't make your way weird, just more costly.

But hey no hard feelings, congrats on seizing the opportunity to make yourself feel good. I understand that this is something that probably is a rare occurance in your everyday life, if at all. Carpe diem! Bravo!

Enjoy the videos, they certainly are as clever as your posts.
Now, unfortunately, I have to mod.

Both of you, JRod and Danimal, stop. I'm going to lock this thread and give both of you a warning to quit the feuding.