Another Dead X360

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Airdog wrote: About three weeks ago it froze up a couple of times, but now it's freezing up everytime I start it. It will get really jagged lines through the screen and then make a super loud screeching noise.

My question is this: if I were to send it in for service, what are the odds that they send me back the new HDMI model? Either way it's going back, but I'm wondering if I should wait a week or two to increase my odds, or do they simply fix what you have and send it back to you, or send you another refurb?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry my man but that's how my 360 got the RROD within a week or two of that happening. Wrt getting a 360 w/HDMI, it's probably slim because MS has been shipping them to the stores but you never know you might just get lucky or you could get someones refurbed piece of crap.

Do you have an extended warranty from where you bought it?

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I'd be shocked if u got anything but the latest & greatest version of the 360. Hell, they already wrote-off a billion in profits loss. I'd think they'd want to get all the crappy ones out of circulation.

Kissrox
Mario Mendoza

Post by Kissrox »

Talked to MS today and they are sending me my box to ship to them. I think I'm going to pick up an Elite tomorrow and then when my 360 comes back, sell it. My wife said can't you just play your PS2 until it comes back? She just doesn't get it...lol.
XBL GAMERTAG: Kissrox

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Kissrox wrote:Talked to MS today and they are sending me my box to ship to them. I think I'm going to pick up an Elite tomorrow and then when my 360 comes back, sell it. My wife said can't you just play your PS2 until it comes back? She just doesn't get it...lol.
broads... :lol:

Airdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Airdog »

Thanks for the info, guys. I do not have an extended warranty - just the manufacturer's. I guess it would be a lot nicer to just do over the counter, but I'm patient enough to wait for them to fix it. Unfortunately the new hockey games will probably be out by the time it comes back, but awell.
- Rob
PSN: smearobe

Airdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Airdog »

And we now have the RROD. Bastages.
- Rob
PSN: smearobe

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Airdog wrote:And we now have the RROD. Bastages.
Get her in quick so we can have a race to see who gets to play the new Hockey games first. Winner takes all, mine went in 2 days ago your a lap down hope for a yellow flag. :twisted:

slyguy
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by slyguy »

Mine just went out today(Red rings of death) I do have am extended warranty from EB. Dam too i was enjoying the s*** out of Bioshock. I went to my local EB and they were out of 360's. So i guess i have to wait another day to play Bioshock. I have work tomorrow so i will go to one of the EB's by my job

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

slyguy wrote:Mine just went out today(Red rings of death) I do have am extended warranty from EB. Dam too i was enjoying the s*** out of Bioshock. I went to my local EB and they were out of 360's. So i guess i have to wait another day to play Bioshock. I have work tomorrow so i will go to one of the EB's by my job
Maybe that's a good sign that there were no 360's in stock. Perhaps they're re-supplying the new and improved units.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I got my refund check from Microsoft today.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Well, happily, I've finally gotten my replacement after my first box shuffled off this mortal coil. I would have had it a week ago but was on vacation so had to delay delivery until today. The build date on the new one is the end of July so the newest heatsink and other refinements is a near certainty. I've only booted it up briefly to try the NHL 08 demo but so far so good. Hopefully the most recent changes MS has made to the design have truly improved reliability.

slyguy
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by slyguy »

sportdan30 wrote:
slyguy wrote:Mine just went out today(Red rings of death) I do have am extended warranty from EB. Dam too i was enjoying the s*** out of Bioshock. I went to my local EB and they were out of 360's. So i guess i have to wait another day to play Bioshock. I have work tomorrow so i will go to one of the EB's by my job
Maybe that's a good sign that there were no 360's in stock. Perhaps they're re-supplying the new and improved units.
Well let me clear it up a little bit. They had 360 Elite's and premiums but no core's. I had two 360's and kept my core system and sold the premium(more money for the PS3)anyway i finally found one.But it only took me 20 or so calls to different EB's/GS's

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

GameSeven wrote:Well, happily, I've finally gotten my replacement after my first box shuffled off this mortal coil. I would have had it a week ago but was on vacation so had to delay delivery until today. The build date on the new one is the end of July so the newest heatsink and other refinements is a near certainty. I've only booted it up briefly to try the NHL 08 demo but so far so good. Hopefully the most recent changes MS has made to the design have truly improved reliability.
LOL nice avatar change to match. Fingers crossed with the new one. :wink:

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

greggsand wrote:The new chips set is out??

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14674/New ... s-Arrived/
But not in the premium models? :roll:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Damn that sounds tempting. The Halo Xbox 360 does look sweet.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Rodster wrote:Damn that sounds tempting. The Halo Xbox 360 does look sweet.
It does, but I wish they were in the more affordable premium models.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

sportdan30 wrote:
They will Dan, sooner than later. What MS should have done was to include Halo 3 with the console. ;)

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Rodster wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:
They will Dan, sooner than later. What MS should have done was to include Halo 3 with the console. ;)
Who knows, it could be happening now. The ave joe doesn't pop the thing open to examine the chip set. (though, I'm sure someone is doing that right now)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

greggsand wrote:
Rodster wrote:
sportdan30 wrote: It does, but I wish they were in the more affordable premium models.
Who knows, it could be happening now. The ave joe doesn't pop the thing open to examine the chip set. (though, I'm sure someone is doing that right now)
It's quite possible. Hopefully when it's time to exchange my 360 next year at EBGames i'll get the updated system.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

mine just f***in died.

how long does it take to get the coffin and get it back?

should i go the buy a new one and just ebay the one i get back?

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

Around a month. However, just b/c Microsoft mails you a new one, that does not mean that one will work.

I got a new one a couple of months ago(refurb) from them and its scratching my disk. The QA on the 360 is nonexistent. Its a miserable and crappy console thats for sure.
XBL: bdunn13
PSN: bdunn13

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Sudz wrote:mine just f***in died.

Sudz the average turn around is 3-4 weeks. If you have the money I would suggest buying another one from Best Buy and get the 2 year product replacement plan for $60. On the side of the box there should be a Lot#. Look for Lot# 0734 or higher. Supposedly those have the new heatsinks and the cooler running CPU's.

Then sell your refurbished 360 on ebay.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Rodster wrote:
Sudz wrote:mine just f***in died.

Sudz the average turn around is 3-4 weeks. If you have the money I would suggest buying another one from Best Buy and get the 2 year product replacement plan for $60. On the side of the box there should be a Lot#. Look for Lot# 0734 or higher. Supposedly those have the new heatsinks and the cooler running CPU's.

Then sell your refurbished 360 on ebay.
Thanks guys...will do that. dammit.

does my hard drive just have all my info on it? so i can just swap that out?