MLB 2K7

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Inuyasha wrote:
Sudz wrote:i really didn't like the 06 version. 05 was pretty good.

all the latest games have done is really make me miss high heat.

how long we going to have to say that?
HH is pretty much dead. Once MS bought the code for it, if they intended to do anything with it, it would have been the first or 2nd year. Now we're into year 4 and nothing is being done with it.
yeah...i know...

but what game is going to come along to make us forget it.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Sudz wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

HH is pretty much dead. Once MS bought the code for it, if they intended to do anything with it, it would have been the first or 2nd year. Now we're into year 4 and nothing is being done with it.
yeah...i know...

Probably nothing. MVP05 and MLB06TheShow were very close though.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Sudz wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

yeah...i know...

I forgot about it last year with MLB The Show for the ps2

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Gotta admire these ol' die-hard HH'ers...I couldn't get past that game's graphics back in 2002. For you guys to still be hanging on, after games like The Show have come along (I'd rather play The Show on psp than HH on any pc or console), is really impressive. I don't understand it, but it's still impressive.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

GTHobbes wrote:Gotta admire these ol' die-hard HH'ers...I couldn't get past that game's graphics back in 2002. For you guys to still be hanging on, after games like The Show have come along (I'd rather play The Show on psp than HH on any pc or console), is really impressive. I don't understand it, but it's still impressive.

I put in HH03 last week and played 2 games. I really enjoyed it. Then I put in mlb 06 the show and it was like a 360 game vs a snes game. I couldn't go back to HH after that. Even though HH gameplay is the best, games like the show just give you the entire package which makes them fun to play.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Don't get me started on High Heat. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed that game...awesome, awesome, awesome. I got it right about the same time I got my first PC and the internet. Its pretty much THE reason I post at sites like DSP. The other site I frequent, ThePerfectGame.net, has a number of guys I "met" back in the old High heat days. I still have a folder from back then with all my tune files, etc. Man, I loved that game. I still use it as one of my measuring sticks when I get a new baseball game.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

I remember back in the day when Bill Abner kept talking about some new game called High Heat that was such a great game. At the time (HH 99), it didn't even have MLB licensing. I got the 2000 version when it came out on the PC and had more fun with it over the years than just about any other franchise. There really was a great community over the years including some people who really came up with some great utilities (DangerZ, Badger, etc.

It would be great if we saw a game that much fun this spring.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

2000 was the first version I purchased. I played the demo and my first reaction was how bad the graphics were. The first game I played I remember thinking WTF? Then the gameplay started to show up and the rest is history.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dave360
Mario Mendoza

Post by dave360 »

kevinpars wrote:I remember back in the day when Bill Abner kept talking about some new game called High Heat that was such a great game. At the time (HH 99), it didn't even have MLB licensing. I got the 2000 version when it came out on the PC and had more fun with it over the years than just about any other franchise. There really was a great community over the years including some people who really came up with some great utilities (DangerZ, Badger, etc.

Remember back in 2003 at places like the Clubhouse when Mr. Abner let us know there was no mouse support in HH2004 :( I miss the Clubhouse greatly as well as DangerZ and Badger.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

I still own all of the PC version of High Heat. Even though I don't play them anymore, I just can't bear to get rid of them. Same goes for Football Pro '96-'98.

I kept all of my mods from HH 2002. That was the year I scanned baseball cards for my alltimers roster set. I spent WAY too many hours scanning photos, looking up stats, and entering them in for that game.

OK, now back to MLB 2k7 :)
-Matt

snate
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snate »

I also miss Wes's Clubhouse and the old HH days. Great community. Great games.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

kevinpars wrote:I remember back in the day when Bill Abner kept talking about some new game called High Heat that was such a great game. At the time (HH 99), it didn't even have MLB licensing. I got the 2000 version when it came out on the PC and had more fun with it over the years than just about any other franchise. There really was a great community over the years including some people who really came up with some great utilities (DangerZ, Badger, etc.

Memories, memories. I bought HH 2000 and played that game so much. Made many tune files for it under the name (TrueCardinalFan). :)

The Clubhouse was maybe the best community I've been a part of or at least on of the best.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

MizzouRah wrote:

Memories, memories. I bought HH 2000 and played that game so much. Made many tune files for it under the name (TrueCardinalFan). :)

The Clubhouse was maybe the best community I've been a part of or at least one of the best.
agreed.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

This has turned into a circle jerk.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

MizzouRah wrote:

The Clubhouse was maybe the best community I've been a part of or at least on of the best.
MizzouRah...I was "Doby" over at "The Clubhouse". I knew we had the same tastes in baseball game (HH, The Show, etc.) DZ's editor and Badger's stuff were staples over there. I remember one of my first posts at the old, old HH site was a question about the game and Mark from Team .366 responded to it and I thought, holy crap the game designer is actually responding to me. Great stuff.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Diablo25 wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:

MizzouRah...I was "Doby" over at "The Clubhouse". I knew we had the same tastes in baseball game (HH, The Show, etc.) DZ's editor and Badger's stuff were staples over there. I remember one of my first posts at the old, old HH site was a question about the game and Mark from Team .366 responded to it and I thought, holy crap the game designer is actually responding to me. Great stuff.
I remember! lol... we were some die hard baseball game fanatics over there. Like the FPS series, I'm amazed how games like that fade away into oblivion when so many people care deeply about it. I guess we are the minority when it seems like we're the majority.

To visually see one of your rookies who had like a 95 in power come up to bat for the first time in HH was priceless.

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:This has turned into a circle jerk.
Just as long as your not the pivot man :wink:

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

i remember everyone piling on some feeb named Twins33 or something. kid had the grammar skills of a 3 year old.

i was benchminor over there...

snate
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snate »

I was actually chatting with the former head honcho on High Heat this morning and he mentioned that some of his old HH team is working on "The Bigs." This game wasn't on my radar because it is an "alternative" take on baseball, but I'll probably keep an eye on it now.

Mizzou - I think we used to collaborate our tests on the tune file.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: ...

Post by Sudz »

snate wrote:I was actually chatting with the former head honcho on High Heat this morning and he mentioned that some of his old HH team is working on "The Bigs." This game wasn't on my radar because it is an "alternative" take on baseball, but I'll probably keep an eye on it now.

Mizzou - I think we used to collaborate our testes on the tune file.
anymore info on the game?

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I think 'The Bigs' is a 2K game but more of an arcade style baseball game. I remember reading a snippet about it on some website. They had a few screenshots also.

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

I just pre ordered my copy on Amazon... hopefully it'll be winging it's way to me sometime next week:)

I'm hoping to see the same online support for MLB as the College Hoops and NBA franchises on the 360 this year. The websites that online leagues create thru the 2K sports site are just awesome.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Sudz wrote:i remember everyone piling on some feeb named Twins33 or something. kid had the grammar skills of a 3 year old.

i was benchminor over there...
Yeah, Rizon even made a post called, "Twisspeak" or something like that. :)

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: ...

Post by MizzouRah »

snate wrote:I was actually chatting with the former head honcho on High Heat this morning and he mentioned that some of his old HH team is working on "The Bigs." This game wasn't on my radar because it is an "alternative" take on baseball, but I'll probably keep an eye on it now.

Mizzou - I think we used to collaborate our tests on the tune file.
I think we did. Tweaking that tune file was quite fun.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »