Any coupons floating around out there?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Any coupons floating around out there?

Post by pk500 »

Boys:

I'm very interested in buying Rugby 06, but as always, I don't want to pay full price, even if it's $30. Already bought WE 9, so I'm trying to keep the game budget low this month.

Has anyone seen any coupons like that $10 discount coupon for Best Buy that was valid through January?

Thanks,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

There's always the $5 Gamer's Gift Card coupon at Best Buy. Better than nothing, right?
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

i do. let me look to see make sure the wife didn't toss them.

jondiehl
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jondiehl »

I just got a 10% off 4-day coupon (this weekend) in the mail from their semi-regular mailer (Reward zone ppl only maybe?).

As mentioned, the $5 off gift card trick always works in a pinch as well.
XBoxJon
[url=http://live.xbox.com/member/XBoxJon]Gamer Profile[/url]
[url=http://live.xbox.com/en-us/profile/MessageCenter/SendMessage.aspx?gt=XBoxJon]Send me a XBL message[/url]

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Here is a Best Buy coupon that worked for me yesterday -> http://www.compuclean2000.com/reports/a ... upon_3.pdf

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Dave wrote:There's always the $5 Gamer's Gift Card coupon at Best Buy. Better than nothing, right?
Sure, it's better than nothing. How do I get my mitts on one of those coupons?

Thanks,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

jondiehl wrote:I just got a 10% off 4-day coupon (this weekend) in the mail from their semi-regular mailer (Reward zone ppl only maybe?).

Yep, I'm going to be using that 10% off coupon this weekend. Jon, how exactly do you use the Reward Zone points? For whatever reason, I never received my Reward Zone card in the mail. Well, perhaps we did and threw it away mistakenly. In any case, I'd really like to put it towards my purchase this weekend.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

pk500 wrote:Sure, it's better than nothing. How do I get my mitts on one of those coupons?
Best Buy has gift cards that are around the videogame department that are tagged as "Gamer Gift Cards." Inside the jewel case that the card comes in is a $5 off any game or accessory purchase of $19.99 or greater. You have to get a gift card, but since you'll be buying a game it isn't a big deal. Well worth the extra 5 minutes. Not sure if they'll let you use the coupon at the same time you're getting the gift card, so you might have to walk back in to get the game.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

Anyone have a 10% off Best Buy coupon that currently is valid and works for TV's say 499$ and up?

I just bought my Sony CRT last week for 750$ but didn't get ahold of a coupon in time so i'd like to take the reciept back within the 30 days and knock off that extra 75$.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

AtXj wrote:Anyone have a 10% off Best Buy coupon that currently is valid and works for TV's say 499$ and up?

I just bought my Sony CRT last week for 750$ but didn't get ahold of a coupon in time so i'd like to take the reciept back within the 30 days and knock off that extra 75$.
That's what I'm using for my HD Tivo receiver.

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

sportdan30 wrote:
AtXj wrote:Anyone have a 10% off Best Buy coupon that currently is valid and works for TV's say 499$ and up?

That's what I'm using for my HD Tivo receiver.
Any chance it's copyable or is it one of the unique type ones?

jondiehl
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jondiehl »

Dave wrote:Not sure if they'll let you use the coupon at the same time you're getting the gift card, so you might have to walk back in to get the game.
I always buy the gift card, put $10 on it, walk outside to the trashcan to open up the jewel case and get the $5 off coupon (and card of course) and then go back in to buy the game with a different checkout person and use the card and coupon.
Looking at it now, it actually says $399 & up, so you're good to go if youc an get one. The sale is Feb 17-20th (and some stuff is 12% off including cameras, music players, phones, etc). The fine print on the back clearly says "No copies." though, otherwise I could scan it for you.
sportdan30 wrote: Jon, how exactly do you use the Reward Zone points? For whatever reason, I never received my Reward Zone card in the mail. Well, perhaps we did and threw it away mistakenly. In any case, I'd really like to put it towards my purchase this weekend.
Do you not have the plastic reward zone card at all? How did you purchase your membership? I got mine last summer right before a major purchase and bought the physical card at the store. You can go online and check your purchases and reward points (you have to use the card for each purchase obviously). Then they'll either mail you certificates, or you can get them emailed and print them out at home (which is what I do). If you haven't been using the card when you check out, then you haven't been accumulating points. If you have the card, and your question is only about the reward points, then they've probably been coming to you and you've thrown them away (you can only do the email method if you register on the website and tell them to stop sending the coupons in the mail).
XBoxJon
[url=http://live.xbox.com/en-us/profile/MessageCenter/SendMessage.aspx?gt=XBoxJon]Send me a XBL message[/url]

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

jondiehl wrote:
Looking at it now, it actually says $399 & up, so you're good to go if youc an get one. The sale is Feb 17-20th (and some stuff is 12% off including cameras, music players, phones, etc). The fine print on the back clearly says "No copies." though, otherwise I could scan it for you.
Well if your not going to use it and wouldn't mind scanning both sides of it for me i'll print it on some thicker paper and give it a try.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

I think we should force pk to adopt the subject of this thread as his new sig :)
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I collect airmiles and just started aeroplan here in Canada and it's a shame that those points can't go towards any of the games. How is it for you guys over the border? How's your mileage points work?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

RobVarak wrote:I think we should force pk to adopt the subject of this thread as his new sig :)
:) :) :)

See you at 9:30 (EST) tonight, Rob!

Take care,
PK

jondiehl
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jondiehl »

AtXj wrote: Well if your not going to use it and wouldn't mind scanning both sides of it for me i'll print it on some thicker paper and give it a try.
Okay, I have it scanned (pdf file, 300dpi), each side is about 300-400kb. Where do you want me to upload it to or email it to?

edit: nevermind, I just emailed it to the email in your profile.
XBoxJon

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

jondiehl wrote:
AtXj wrote: Well if your not going to use it and wouldn't mind scanning both sides of it for me i'll print it on some thicker paper and give it a try.
Okay, I have it scanned (pdf file, 300dpi), each side is about 300-400kb. Where do you want me to upload it to or email it to?

edit: nevermind, I just emailed it to the email in your profile.
Thanks Jon!

Dimmu
Mario Mendoza

Post by Dimmu »

sportdan30 wrote:
jondiehl wrote:I just got a 10% off 4-day coupon (this weekend) in the mail from their semi-regular mailer (Reward zone ppl only maybe?).

Yep, I'm going to be using that 10% off coupon this weekend. Jon, how exactly do you use the Reward Zone points? For whatever reason, I never received my Reward Zone card in the mail. Well, perhaps we did and threw it away mistakenly. In any case, I'd really like to put it towards my purchase this weekend.
The cashier can look it up with your phone number. Also if lost, they won't replace it. Keep the number somewhere handy as you can also apply it to online purchases and store pickup purchases.