Still looking for a 360?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

RogueWar
Mario Mendoza

Still looking for a 360?

Post by RogueWar »

Try http://www.gamermill.com. They will text message your cell phone as soon as one comes available on the net.

I know of 3 people that have ordered one this week through either K-mart or Target by getting this notification.

sfz_T-car
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by sfz_T-car »

Be vigilant here, boys

Toper
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Toper »

sfz_T-car wrote:Be vigilant here, boys
ROTFLOL
Last edited by Toper on Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

When I was a kid I use to enjoy Easter and hunting eggs. Even as I got older I still enjoyed the hunt. However, what was fun about hunting Easter Eggs was the fact that I always at least found some eggs.

Now, hunting for a 360 for myself is no longer fun since I have searched alot and still yet to find the egg.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

bdunn13 wrote:When I was a kid I use to enjoy Easter and hunting eggs. Even as I got older I still enjoyed the hunt. However, what was fun about hunting Easter Eggs was the fact that I always at least found some eggs.

Now, hunting for a 360 for myself is no longer fun since I have searched alot and still yet to find the egg.

Wow that is realy bad but i couldnt agree more.

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

[quote="bdunn13"]When I was a kid I use to enjoy Easter and hunting eggs. Even as I got older I still enjoyed the hunt. However, what was fun about hunting Easter Eggs was the fact that I always at least found some eggs.

Now, hunting for a 360 for myself is no longer fun since I have searched alot and still yet to find the egg./quote]

Ditto.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

There were 5 kids camping out in front of Best Buy already in line for a 360...20 hours before they could buy one.

The low tonight will be around 25 degrees.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

There's a line of 30+ people outside one Best Buy where I live (Delaware) and a line of around 20 people outside the other local Best Buy.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

My wife is out shopping and there were about 15-20 waiting outside a BB at 7:30 CST tonight. She drove past another that had about 10 people waiting.

Are they opening at midnight for this? I wouldn't think so, since they are holding them for the ad. That means these geeks will be outside for another 12 hours or so. Right now the temp here is 8 degrees (farenheit), and dropping. No game or system is worth risking frostbite for :roll:
-Matt

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

Feanor wrote:There's a line of 30+ people outside one Best Buy where I live (Delaware) and a line of around 20 people outside the other local Best Buy.
Concord Pike, or Kirkwood Highway?

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

They should have to wait it out till store opening. I don't think they will give out tickets either until maybe right before opening since the add says they will have to have 20 per store. Giving out tickets now would mean there would not be 20 available when the store actualy opened as they would have been accounted for 8 hours earlier.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

matthewk wrote:My wife is out shopping and there were about 15-20 waiting outside a BB at 7:30 CST tonight. She drove past another that had about 10 people waiting.

Are they opening at midnight for this? I wouldn't think so, since they are holding them for the ad. That means these geeks will be outside for another 12 hours or so. Right now the temp here is 8 degrees (farenheit), and dropping. No game or system is worth risking frostbite for
Well, the Best Buy near where I was on original launch (the one that didn't do the midnight opening) gave out tickets to the line. Turns out they gave out all their tickets by 11pm the night before, so some were able to head home and get some sleep, or at least get back in the car and stay warm until the 9AM opening. I would bet if BBs are doling out tickets, which seems their policy, that most stores would distribute the tickets once they have enough in line to cover the tickets. But hey, the only one who knows is the store manager.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Sully wrote:
Feanor wrote:There's a line of 30+ people outside one Best Buy where I live (Delaware) and a line of around 20 people outside the other local Best Buy.
Concord Pike, or Kirkwood Highway?
There seemed like there were more at the Concord Pike Best Buy between 5-6pm. We went to both Best Buys yesterday looking for a particular TV. But we were at the Kirkwood Highway Best Buy around 8pm and the line was more like 50 people. Some even brought a tent.

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

It was a long f'in night but, I got one. My Best But had 47 of them and all were premium except for 2.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

AtXj wrote:It was a long f'in night but, I got one. My Best But had 47 of them and all were premium except for 2.
Awesome! Now get back out there and get a copy of SC:CT!! :D

I sure hope others were as successful as you, though I wonder if you were the only one among us to stay out all night.

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

Zeppo wrote:
AtXj wrote:It was a long f'in night but, I got one. My Best But had 47 of them and all were premium except for 2.

I sure hope others were as successful as you, though I wonder if you were the only one among us to stay out all night.
I still have CT!

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

Man, since I don't have a J-O-B, my sleeping hours are all messed up. I was up at 5:00am this morning which is nutty as I am not a morning person. I usualy stay up till 5:00. I think i have gone around the world with my sleeping and I am back to normal hours again.

Anyways, I was up early playing some WOW. At 7:00 est I took a shower got my GF and headed out to check out BB. There was a line of over 35 people with a mom, dad and kid first in line. I knew they were only getting 26(they actualy got in 30) so I headed to target. Waited 10 minutes walked to the door and someone came out and said no 360s today.

So my GF and I hopped in my car, headed to the other Target just to be safe. Then some other people gathered around us at the door. I told my GF when the door opens to GO. Don't wait on me. Well, we were still 1 and 3 back there and they had 4. We ended up picking up 1 each. Wooot. I think we waited for a total of 15 minutes instead of the hours others waited. I would not have the patience to camp out.

BD

SoMisss2000
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by SoMisss2000 »

bdunn13 wrote:Man, since I don't have a J-O-B, my sleeping hours are all messed up. I was up at 5:00am this morning which is nutty as I am not a morning person. I usualy stay up till 5:00. I think i have gone around the world with my sleeping and I am back to normal hours again.

Anyways, I was up early playing some WOW. At 7:00 est I took a shower got my GF and headed out to check out BB. There was a line of over 35 people with a mom, dad and kid first in line. I knew they were only getting 26(they actualy got in 30) so I headed to target. Waited 10 minutes walked to the door and someone came out and said no 360s today.

So my GF and I hopped in my car, headed to the other Target just to be safe. Then some other people gathered around us at the door. I told my GF when the door opens to GO. Don't wait on me. Well, we were still 1 and 3 back there and they had 4. We ended up picking up 1 each. Wooot. I think we waited for a total of 15 minutes instead of the hours others waited. I would not have the patience to camp out.

BD
I hope you actually keep one this time.

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

Yes, I am keeping one. But can't decide what game to get. I am thinking PGR. I do feel sort of guilty as the lady at target that worked there wanted one. She said they were suppose to hold her one on the last 2 shipments but didn't. They said they got 6 in but only 4 were in the case. So I hope she got one. Also told her to call the other target as they are getting some in tonight.

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

Zeppo wrote:

Yeah, thanks Zep. Im going to look for an eBay copy of Chaos Theory so we can get in a night sometime soon, but geez I can't wait until SC4 in March.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Zeppo wrote:

Sadly, unless you were willing to camp, it was no dice at my BB. Got there at 7:30 am and they had a sign saying they had sold out -- they gave tickets once the line reached its limit. Can't believe people were out there considering it was 6 degrees this morning.

I needed to get a last bit of shopping done anyway, so went to Wal Mart to check if they had any 360s (no), then went back to BB just before they opened at 8. While I was standing outside, this girl asked me if I had a 360 ticket. I said no, and she says hers is for sale. I asked how much and she said $1100. I laughed and said no thanks. She asked if I had kids, and I said no, and even if I did, no child is that good. She left for less sarcastic prey after that.

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

BDUNN - what Target did you go to in Georgia? The Target I have been checking says that they get all videogame related deliveries at around 1-2 PM, but that may be BS. Once Christmas is over, I may start checking Target at opening if it is when I have the best chance.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Leebo33 wrote:There were 5 kids camping out in front of Best Buy already in line for a 360...20 hours before they could buy one.

The low tonight will be around 25 degrees.
Yeah we had the first big storm out here. Still around 40 at least but very gusty wind.

Heard people were lining up though and the Best Buy circulars were advertising on the front page they'd have them. Last big push before Xmas I guess.

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

kevinpars wrote:BDUNN - what Target did you go to in Georgia? The Target I have been checking says that they get all videogame related deliveries at around 1-2 PM, but that may be BS. Once Christmas is over, I may start checking Target at opening if it is when I have the best chance.
I got it from one in Augusta. When I first started looking, I thought the same thing. However, they come in at night. The Target I got lucky at was not suppose to get these in until tomorrow. The other local target expects some in on the truck tonight.

You HAVE to be there when the store opens. Just rush back to the back and look in the case. They should be locked up if they have any.

Goodluck,
BD

kicko
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by kicko »

yeah i went to my best buy and was told there were people camping out the night before, believe me i'm not that hungry for an xbox. Still i'm loving this years sport titles enough i can deal.