Like the stock market? Like the NFL?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Like the stock market? Like the NFL?

Post by ScoopBrady »

I heard Troy Aikman pimping this on the radio last week and I finally got around to checking it out today. It looks pretty interesting. It's called Pro Trade and it's pretty much a different type of fantasy football where you buy and sell players as if they were stocks. It's free to join.

Check it out here: http://www.protrade.com
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

Thought I'd use the thread to congratulate you on making the playoffs in our DSP league. JDs team pulled out the game of a lifetime to beat me (how I can score 127 points and lose is unbelieveable), thus giving you the division. It went down to the wire, and was a fun ride.
-Matt

EDiddy
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by EDiddy »

Yeah, I think SandBox had leagues like that a few years ago before they were bought and turned to a pay site by the sporting news.
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

Toper
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Toper »

matthewk wrote:Thought I'd use the thread to congratulate you on making the playoffs in our DSP league. JDs team pulled out the game of a lifetime to beat me (how I can score 127 points and lose is unbelieveable), thus giving you the division. It went down to the wire, and was a fun ride.

I just saw that...wow, who would've thought Samkon Gado would've knocked you out of the playoffs. :o

Toper

JackDiggity
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by JackDiggity »

matthewk wrote:Thought I'd use the thread to congratulate you on making the playoffs in our DSP league. JDs team pulled out the game of a lifetime to beat me (how I can score 127 points and lose is unbelieveable), thus giving you the division. It went down to the wire, and was a fun ride.
Sorry brother,talk about luck! Most points I have ever scored with a team. I was going to bench Glenn and Witten because of the way the Cowboys offense had been performing. Gado was a lucky pick up. Eventhough I sucked this year I had a great time. Maybe we both can make the playoffs next year.

Thanks for running a very fun league Todd. Good luck in the Playoffs!!
"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being." Jackie Robinson

sfz_T-car
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by sfz_T-car »

I generally on't like open leagues that allow cloning, i.e. multiple teams with the same player. The top teams in clone leagues tend toward a sameness. All have the same combination of undervalued players.

For me, the most fun of fantasy leagues is the draft. There's more fun in picking/managing a team where once a player is drafted, he's gone. Talent management is just more fun to me than pure cap management.

MattK's had some tough ones this year. In the tie against my team, he just needed two points on MNF from Reggie Brown. He got one early but then Reggie dropped two passes, either one would have given MattK the win.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Like the stock market? Like the NFL?

Post by sportdan30 »

ScoopBrady wrote:I heard Troy Aikman pimping this on the radio last week and I finally got around to checking it out today. It looks pretty interesting. It's called Pro Trade and it's pretty much a different type of fantasy football where you buy and sell players as if they were stocks. It's free to join.

Check it out here: http://www.protrade.com
I guess about five years back or so, wallstreetsports.com used to be quite popular. I don't think it still exists, or if it does it's quite different than what it used to be like. Very similar to protrade.com.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

That 64 yard TD run by Gado really stung. Being a Packers fan just made it that much harder. I'm rooting for him and against him at the same time.

JD, how the h$** do you score 135 this week, of all weeks? Most of your 2 week tallies didn't add up to that ;)

It's been a year of "almosts" for my fantasy teams. I almost stole the baseball league from SFZ, and now I almost stole the division. At least it doesn't look like my basketball team has to worry about that. The only almost for them is "almost" being in last :)
-Matt

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Thanks Matt. I'm as shocked as you. I knew I had to win the last two games to clinch the division. I barely beat you last week and then my guys do absolutely nothing this week. I saw you put up big numbers this week against Jack and I thought I was totally screwed. I checked the scores before the Sunday night game for the hell of it and realized Jack just needed Gado to get 100 yards rushing and a tutty against the Lions. My hope was renewed. My wife and I were watching the Survivor finale (yes, I just admitted that) and I kept checking the box score on NFL.com every commercial. I saw Gado hit a 64-yard tutty towards the end of the second quarter and couldn't believe it. It was fun going back and forth with you in our division. Hopefully we'll do this again next year.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

JackDiggity
DSP-Funk All-Star*
DSP-Funk All-Star*

Post by JackDiggity »

matthewk wrote:That 64 yard TD run by Gado really stung. Being a Packers fan just made it that much harder. I'm rooting for him and against him at the same time.

JD, how the h$** do you score 135 this week, of all weeks? Most of your 2 week tallies didn't add up to that ;)
I know! It was pure luck man. I suck in fantasy leagues. I have no patience. But I do have a lot of fun!

My fantasy football team is the mirror image of our Packers. :cry:

I think Chris is a Packer fan too. :lol:

Gado is such a good story in a season of bad ones in Green Bay. I really hope Brett comes back for one more year and see what a healthy Packer team can do.

Anyhow see you both in our NBA league. Don't worry Matt I'll be in the basement soon. :wink:
"I'm not concerned with your liking or disliking me... All I ask is that you respect me as a human being." Jackie Robinson

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

Is anyone out there messing around with Protrade these days??? I still get e-mails from them every once in a while but I could never get into it.