Fifa 2003 & Nba Live 2003 PS2

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

oasisboston
Mario Mendoza

Post by oasisboston »

Couple things,
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>First off great site. My question is however why isn´t NBA live 2003 reviewed on the site?
<BR>
<BR>About Fifa. My main gripes with the game are this:
<BR>
<BR>I absolutely hate how the player names are displayed in the corner and not directly below the player themselves. How does anyone feel about that? I never really know who has the ball.
<BR>
<BR>Also, I can´t figure out any distinct moves with the freestyle control, aside from the generic move that seems to happen everytime i touch the joystick.
<BR>
<BR>I also hate the lack of celebrations with goals. Granted 2002 fifa had very eleborate celebrations, but i liked them. Now it´s barely anything but a pumping fist.
<BR>
<BR>Oh, and last thing. Does anyoen know of any cheats or secrets for Fifa 2003? Hope to hear from you guys.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Oasis:
<BR>
<BR>Thanks for your note and the compliments. I´m writing a review of NHL 2003 by EA for the Xbox this week and hope to have my review of NBA Live 2003 for the Xbox ready by next week.
<BR>
<BR>Sorry for the delay, but we do this as a labor of love, and we also play the hell out of the games before reviewing them, unlike some of the "big" commercial sites.
<BR>
<BR>Thanks for reading, and stick around!
<BR>
<BR>Take care,
<BR>PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

The player names on the bottom is kind of a pain. I think they removed it from underneath the player for aesthetic reasons...it makes things look cleaner and more realistic. I´m surprised they don´t have an option for that, however. (Maybe they do...I´ve never checked.)
<BR>
<BR>Distinct moves are there...but I haven´t had the time to play around with it enough to figure it out. Also, specific players have extra moves, so that adds a bit of variability to the mix.
<BR>
<BR>And as for goal celebrations...actually, I really like them. Most of them are understated, but they did a really good job in making them realistic and having player specific ones as well (Ronaldo´s airplane, Robbie Keane´s bow and arrow, Henry´s little wiggle-shake). I´d rather have realistic celebrations than over-the-top stuff that never happens.
<BR>
<BR>No cheats for FIFA 2003 that I know of...you might want to check gamefaq.com (or is it gamefaqs.com) for that information...they´ve usually got that kind of stuff up there.
<BR>
<BR>Thanks for the kind words about the site. Hopefully you´ll like our NBA Live reviews as well.
Forum moderation: DEFCON 2