Less the a month away - Xbox 360 poll

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Will you be buying an Xbox 360?

Yes at launch - Pre Ordered
41%
Yes at launch - Will try to find one
22%
Yes later this year
4%
Yes but I will wait until next year
18%
Yes but I will wait for a price drop
14%
No I will be getting a PS3
No votes

Total votes: 49

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Less the a month away - Xbox 360 poll

Post by bdoughty »

I am waiting until the football games hit next year, namely NCAA 2007. Hopefully there will be a price drop but not something I require to purchase it.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I will be trying to find one on Nov. 22nd. Target, here I come.

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

I didn't preorder, instead I'm hoping to hunt one down at a Walmart or Target. I'm looking forward to NBA2k6 and NHL2k6, as well as PGR3, although I heard that might be pushed back to early 06.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I'll get one as a present to myself whenever we sell our rental property, hopefully sooner than later.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

As stated previously my boss pre-order 12 of them for all of us. So I am getting one.

LOL
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Sport73
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sport73 »

I am getting pretty hyped up about the 360, and really hoping on its ability to bring my gaming frequency back to form (much to the chagrin of my wife).

Ultimately, the community features of the NEW XBox Live in the 360 look to be the most compelling aspect of the new system (at least until the 2nd generation games hit). I'm looking forward to putting up my Sport73 icon, motto etc. and enjoying a new level of DSP interaction over XBox Live.

Join us. XBox 360: The official console of DSP.
Sport73

"Can't we all just get along? I'll turn this car around RIGHT now!"

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Preordered and half paid off. I can't wait.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

I might as an impulse buy, if the word of mouth on the games is good.

The Blu-Ray in the PS3 will offer additional value, assuming the X360 and PS3 are priced comparably.

But it will be tempting to get on board with HDTV games sooner than later.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I seem to go back and forth almost daily now. I'm on the TRU "Wish List" which means no money down and they'll call me when they get it in. Thus, when they call I'll most likely run my a$$ over there and pick it up.

There are no must have games that interest me enough to spend a lot of jack on, but there are several must have rentals I can't wait to play. Hopefully the online rentals will be able to keep up. Furthermore, a $6 rental from Hollywood is a heck of a lot better than a $60 first generation title I'm unsure about.

seanmac31
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by seanmac31 »

I've got it preordered and I just sold off my Xbox to help pay for it. I'm getting it for Madden, but I'll probably pick up NBA 2K6 as well.

Boom
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Boom »

Pre-ordered along with an extra Wireless controller, Madden and NBA 2K6.

All fully paid. Just gotta pick it up.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Probably will get one for Christmas. I don't plan to pre-order -- I have a boatload of Best Buy gift cards and Reward Zone certificates from buying my TV that I will put toward it. If there aren't any available at Christmas, I'll just wait until they are.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Pre-Ordered and FULLY paid! :)
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I have one pre-ordered at EB. I'm in the process of selling a lot of Xbox/PS2 stuff now. I'm looking forward to it. The new controller configuration (black/white buttons in better location) and wireless voice communications are bonuses (I'm assuming the headset connects to the wireless controller) for me.

I have a 10% off coupon for Best Buy that I will probably use for games and any assessories I may need. I'm going to probably get Madden and NBA 2K6 and rent FIFA, Tiger Woods, PGR, etc.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Pre ordered and paid in full. As soon as i get it, it's hitting ebay. It was bought as purely an investment with quick turnaround....should have pre ordered two. I would imagine i'm going to double my money and then some hopefully.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

Im going to get one this year although probably not at launch. I'll most likely look forward to the 360 as a Christmas present.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

tjung0831 wrote:Pre ordered and paid in full. As soon as i get it, it's hitting ebay. It was bought as purely an investment with quick turnaround....should have pre ordered two. I would imagine i'm going to double my money and then some hopefully.
You really think they're going to be that scarce?

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

sportdan30 wrote:
tjung0831 wrote:Pre ordered and paid in full. As soon as i get it, it's hitting ebay. It was bought as purely an investment with quick turnaround....should have pre ordered two. I would imagine i'm going to double my money and then some hopefully.
Yep. Some dude already has a bid of over $800 for his on Ebay. I believe MS made announcement that supply was going to be tight as well. I'm pretty confident that i'm going to at least double my money on this deal.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

sportdan30 wrote:
Im thinking the same.

tjung, I think your mistaken if you think your going to make a decent profit from selling your launch day 360. I may be wrong but I don't think Microsoft is going to have a problem filling the demand.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I caved in and preordered one. I'll be getting Madden and maybe Call of Duty on launch day. I have been watching many vids at various sites and I'm pretty excited for the new beast. The other day I saw one about the connectivity of the 360 to your PC. Pretty impressive. The menu system and XBLive capabilities look very sleek. One month til release!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

sportdan30 wrote:
Doubt it.

It'll probably be like the PSP launch. Not too hard to find a larger electronic stores if you're patient.

The E-Bay $$$ making thing for scarce items is becoming less and less of a sure thing IMO. Oversaturated by those EBay companies.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

I am trying to hold off till middle of 2006, but with all the features (HD, wireless, live, pc connectivity, etc) and with good reviews from you guys I can definitely see myself buying one earlier. If the xbox version of CH2k6 is playable on the 360 then that will be even more incentive. But for now, with my PC gaming will keep me occupied.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I agree with Spooky. Sure, there are a few Xbox 360 auctions out there on eBay with ridiculous bid prices right now because some people are paranoid that this will be the PS2 launch all over again.

But once people realize they can buy an Xbox 360 at retail within a few days after the launch with some diligent searching, I think the bottom will fall out of the eBay market.

But for Tim's sake, I hope it doesn't!

I just don't see MS making the same mistake with supply that Sony did with the PS2. Sony learned its lesson, as evidenced by the pretty ample supply of PSP's at launch.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

fatheadX
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by fatheadX »

..And there was such a pent-up demand for the PS2. I just don't see that kind of excitement this time. The PS1 was so dated by the time the PS2 came out, but the Xbox is still pretty rock solid. I've been wrong about this stuff before. :D

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

To add a bit more to my reasoning for picking one up:

All you tools are going with the 360 it seems. That translates to some fun online play.

Further, I really believe this is going to be the generation where online really picks up in popularity. Since MS has shown they can put out online capabilities almost to perfection, why not stay with old reliable?

Also.....I'm not a big fan of gamefaqs, but I do lurk there occasionally. Maybe it's just me, but it really seems that the XBox community has more mature gamers than PS2 gamers.