I'm selling Madden

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Danimal wrote:
bdoughty wrote:PK is a big boy and does not need to be defended. I quoted where YOU said 2K5 was dead. Wait not dead f****** dead. Maybe you should consider following your own advice earlier in this thread and read before you make such assumptions.

If you are rerring to the head in the sand picture it was a joke. Whoops I forgot the ;) apparently the punch line was not a giveaway.
I'd appreciate it if you anwsered one of my questions.

also I knew the sand picture was a joke.
Can I also use flash cards? I felt no need to answer yuour question as I explained the reason I posted. Had nothing to do with PK or anything else. Just your quote.

Geesh...

GridIronGhost
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by GridIronGhost »

laurenskye wrote:I gave up on Madden also but for different reasons.
How can no one mention the turbo boost of DB's and linebackers? Nothings more frustrating than having a crossing rout, your receiver is 2 yards in front, you throw it out in front so he runs to it, and somehow the DB turbos up to your man to disrupt the play?

I'll take Sega's db's over this any day. And there are fixes to make it better.

Guess I'll be getting an Action replay to update.

And if you can't take criticism of YOUR game that is based on fact than go somewhere else. This sight is not based on any bias, just truth.
I'm really enjoying the hell out of NFL 2K5, it's my second favorite game in my rotation after MVP as far as sports go. I metion that PK is at it again bashing EA and I get the FANBOY stamp of approval...how funny.
"If I didn't want 50 percent of my income and wanted the government to regulate every aspect of my life, I'd live in California."

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Ok, I am a dumbass but someone explain to me how anyone posting in this particular thread has managed to not know what the glitch is? It seems like it is spelled out a few times in different places so am I missing something?

I don't care either way. This forum has saved me a good $100 or so this summer already and this is the type of glitch that pisses me off. Not that I am really good enough to take advantage of it. :)
dbdynsty25 wrote: And we thought that internet and a hard drive would actually get put to use on the Xbox. Guess not (at least not in a timely and productive manner).
Of course you would have to bring up that ongoing thorn in my side. It was my biggest gripe back before the Xbox was released and it still pisses me off today.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

spooky157 wrote: Isn't "fanboy" one of the banned words on this forum? I don't see anything in HouOilers post that would make you call him such a dirty word.

This is what EA gets with their exclusive license - all eyes on them. Unfortunately Madden spit the bit this year when they held the spotlight...big time.
Spooky same question, did I once in this thread defend the glitch? Seems to me I was simply saying I didn't know about ii and didn't want to, and suddenly not knowing was a bad thing and I was on the defensive.

As for HouOilers, here is his first post (which I ignored)
If this was NFL2K that had this glitch, you'd never hear the end of it from the madden fans. You can bet they'd be saying the same thing PK500 is saying. Instead they defend it by 'ignorance'. Pretty sad argument.
Up until this point, I had only been discussing the glitch and why I choose not to learn about it. He is the one who brought 2k and Madden fans into this. Far as I can tell Madden fans are no happy about the glitch.

His second post (which I did not ignore) again I had not even been talking to him at this point. I've bolded the parts which are false and are nothing but an attemtp to start a flame fest with me.
Weren't you the poster who was all over everyone if they said one bad thing about this game when it was released? Defending every gameplay question others had with a beatdown? Now you defend it with 'ignorance is bliss'? You got to be kidding right?
If blasting Badgun and TRI constitues everyone in the Madden thread, then guilty as charged. Also again, please show me where I said the glitch is ok, just ignore it. I never said that.

I'll stop now, because his third post was so out there it is not worth bringing back up. But apparently I love Madden noi matter what and I know about the glitch and refuse to admit it. That is some serious adult reasoning there, yeah you're right he didn't need to be called a fanboy, just a dumb ass.[/quote]
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

GridIronGhost wrote:
I'm really enjoying the hell out of NFL 2K5, it's my second favorite game in my rotation after MVP as far as sports go. I metion that PK is at it again bashing EA and I get the FANBOY stamp of approval...how funny.
PK bashes lots of things, far from being limited to EA. What part of that confuses you? I hope you do not have a dog because you might end up alone in a dark corner of a closet sucking your thumb if you read his thoughts on them.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

DChaps...

I've managed to miss it because as soon as it's mentioned, I just skip to the next post. I know it has something to do with the RB's, but that's it. I don't want to know what it is, therefor I don't read any of the posts that start to go into details about it.

And yes, I hate that the hard drive isn't used to it's capability too...it's a big thorn in my side as well.

GridIronGhost
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by GridIronGhost »

pk500 wrote:
GridIronGhost wrote:This glitch was discovered in a 2K game.
Hmm, which 2006 2K football game had the "giveaway glitch?" I'm all ears.

For the record, I shredded Sega in here or at SR for the "offensive tackles always in the up position on passing plays" glitch in ESPN NFL 2K4, a flaw that caused me to sell that game, too.

Remember when I did that ripping? Oh, that's right: You weren't around then.

Take care,
PK
I been around since 94, I remember the early OS years as well as the SR years, I remember Mr. Abner back on usenet in the sports groups and how can I forget about you PK? I remember telling Spooky Oooky to read all my posts as if it were two friends sitting at a bar having a few beers and shooting the s***.
"If I didn't want 50 percent of my income and wanted the government to regulate every aspect of my life, I'd live in California."

GridIronGhost
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by GridIronGhost »

spooky157 wrote:
GridIronGhost wrote:
spooky157 wrote: It tells you the pitch AS is it leaving the pitcher's hand. You've got less than one second to process that info. This Madden glitch is more like "offspeed" being shown on the Jumbotron before the pitcher even starts his windup.
You can see the color of the pitch a split second when the ball is in the pitchers glove. I see it clear on the big screen, harder to make out on my smaller TV.
My bad....but there's still a huge difference between Hitter's Eye and this Madden glitch.

And you're right - when you spend more time talking about the game than playing it you know it's time to give up on it. That's why PK and others have gotten rid of their copes and that's why I sold my copy today.
You still have MVP...right? You OWE me one! :wink:

GridIronGhost
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by GridIronGhost »

bdoughty wrote:
GridIronGhost wrote:
PK bashes lots of things, far from being limited to EA. What part of that confuses you? I hope you do not have a dog because you might end up alone in a dark corner of a closet sucking your thumb if you read his thoughts on them.
Not confused, but amused.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

GridIronGhost wrote:I'm really enjoying the hell out of NFL 2K5, it's my second favorite game in my rotation after MVP as far as sports go. I metion that PK is at it again bashing EA and I get the FANBOY stamp of approval...how funny.
And if you had mentioned how much fun you're having with NFL 2K5 as I have mentioned over and over how much I enjoyed NCAA, NASCAR and MVP, then I never would have made a post about your allegiance to EA.

Then again, I'm not Miss Cleo. She is too busy working for the Madden development team, programming in ways for you to clairvoyantly read plays before the snap. :)

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

spooky157
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by spooky157 »

Danimal wrote:
Spooky same question, did I once in this thread defend the glitch? Seems to me I was simply saying I didn't know about ii and didn't want to, and suddenly not knowing was a bad thing and I was on the defensive.
You did not defend the glitch. I didn't say not knowing was a bad thing but you started by comparing those who do know about it to people who skip to the ending of a book, how you had no sympathy for them, etc. For the record I never once said not knowing was a bad thing. I've said a couple of times that I wish I never found out about it. But I do enjoy playing online and this is unfortunately a gamekiller for online play, IMO.
Danimal wrote:Up until this point, I had only been discussing the glitch and why I choose not to learn about it. He is the one who brought 2k and Madden fans into this. Far as I can tell Madden fans are no happy about the glitch.

His second post (which I did not ignore) again I had not even been talking to him at this point. I've bolded the parts which are false and are nothing but an attemtp to start a flame fest with me.

If blasting Badgun and TRI constitues everyone in the Madden thread, then guilty as charged. Also again, please show me where I said the glitch is ok, just ignore it. I never said that.

I'll stop now, because his third post was so out there it is not worth bringing back up. But apparently I love Madden noi matter what and I know about the glitch and refuse to admit it. That is some serious adult reasoning there, yeah you're right he didn't need to be called a fanboy, just a dumb ass.
I just didn't think he deserved to be called such a dirty word as "fanboy". :D

I'm not trying to mediate your argument with HouOilers. Maybe he is a dumbass, who knows. Just didn't want this to turn into a 2K vs. Madden thread.

I'm glad you and others are enjoying Madden. If you play only cool people online, can work out some house rules, or don't know and don't want to know about the glitch, that's great.

I've been b*tching on OS and, to a lesser extent, here for days because I'm pissed that the only licensed NFL game in town is totally fried for me. Others will be doing the same so I hate to say it but you'll be seeing some more p*ssing and moaning in the coming weeks.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

spooky157 wrote:You did not defend the glitch. I didn't say not knowing was a bad thing but you started by comparing those who do know about it to people who skip to the ending of a book, how you had no sympathy for them, etc.
In retrospect, thgat was a stupid post on my part.

Unfortunately, I think I have infered enough from this thread that I know how it works, I'll know immediately if I am right when I go to play game 13 of my franchise tonight. If that is the case, I'll be trading in 06 tomorrow.

Maybe this was asked, but is it in the PC version?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

spooky157
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by spooky157 »

GridIronGhost wrote: You still have MVP...right? You OWE me one! :wink:
Yeah, I still have MVP. Didn't we play a game online earlier this year? Didn't I hit a 2 run walkoff HR with Alex Rodriguez against you?

Yeah, I owe you for throwing me that fat inside fastball. :wink:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

GridIronGhost wrote:I been around since 94, I remember the early OS years as well as the SR years, I remember Mr. Abner back on usenet in the sports groups and how can I forget about you PK? I remember telling Spooky Oooky to read all my posts as if it were two friends sitting at a bar having a few beers and shooting the s***.
That's good to know. Have you always used GridironGhost as your tag? Or are my brain cells fried from a life of partying?

Thanks,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

Tiger Vision. Strike 1. Pitchers Eye. Strike 2. Giveaway Glitch. Strike 3. EA Sports, QA gaffes, Its in the Game.
gamertag: ddtrane65

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

ddtrane wrote:Tiger Vision. Strike 1. Pitchers Eye. Strike 2. Giveaway Glitch. Strike 3. EA Sports, QA gaffes, Its in the Game.
The "Giveaway Glitch" is in no way related to the other two "strikes" you mention...the other two have nothing to do with QA gaffes.

Tiger Vision sounds really stupid--I didn't touch this year's console Tiger, so I can only assume it is as dumb as it seems.

But I just don't get what the f*ck people aren't getting with the Hitter's Eye in MVP. It simulates, albeit in a fairly crude manner, something that happens in real life. Graphics aren't to the point where we can see a pitcher's grip or the seams rotating on a baseball. A quick flash of color is as good an idea as any, at least they tried something.

Like someone mentioned, if the hitter's eye was similar to the Madden glitch, then the jumbotron would read "SLIDER" before the pitcher even started his motion.

The Glitch sucks, no doubt about it. Some people can ignore it or implement house rules. I'm in DB's boat, blissfully ignorant. The OT bug in Sega's 2K4 game sounds slightly worse, but that doesn't let EA off the hook.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I love the hitters eye....it in no way relates to this glitch that everyone says is a game killer. Dave's right.

kicko
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by kicko »

i agree the hitter's eye is a nice touch because batters really can tell a pitch a lot better then on a tv screen/monitor and besides you CAN shut it of,. and lets either create a madden giveaway thread or stop talking about it in this one. i was starting to sweat because i thought i knew what it was but i still really don't TG

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

I'm a bit late to the party. Let's cut the fanboy style allegations down against EVERYONE, ok?

BTW, PK is not anti-EA, as he's shown in numerous forum posts.

Please do not give the bug/glitch away in the thread (or other threads), for the few that don't know.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

I still have 2004 and I'd like to test it for the glitch. Can someone point me to where I can find out the details on this. I think I know, but I want to be sure I'm checking in the right formation and/or situation.
-Matt

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

This thread has went from 4 responses this morning to 5 pages tonight. Good reading. No the giveaway glitch is a gaffe and tigervision and pitchers eye aren't. But when you watch games none of these things are in the game, but EA manages to put them in the game. Amazing
gamertag: ddtrane65

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

ddtrane wrote:No the giveaway glitch is a gaffe and tigervision and pitchers eye aren't. But when you watch games none of these things are in the game, but EA manages to put them in the game. Amazing
Seriously? Do we need to list the things in ALL sports videogames that aren't there when you watch a game in real life?

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

matthewk wrote:I still have 2004 and I'd like to test it for the glitch. Can someone point me to where I can find out the details on this. I think I know, but I want to be sure I'm checking in the right formation and/or situation.
Matt, you have a PM.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Dave wrote:
ddtrane wrote:No the giveaway glitch is a gaffe and tigervision and pitchers eye aren't. But when you watch games none of these things are in the game, but EA manages to put them in the game. Amazing
Seriously? Do we need to list the things in ALL sports videogames that aren't there when you watch a game in real life?
LOL...exactly.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

Alright, I tested out Madden 2004 and the glitch is NOT there.
Last edited by matthewk on Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Matt