I'm selling Madden

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Jayhawker
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Jayhawker »

I'm curious about the DB AI in 2K5. I haven't really noticed it. The passing game does not seem unbeatable to me. What exactly about the AI is the problem?

GridIronGhost
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by GridIronGhost »

Just like leaves fall from trees in autumn, snow covers the ground in winter and flowers flourish in spring...PK lands another EA bashing. :lol: I sure hope EA braces for the shredding you will unleash. Now that you have the power of podcast maybe Goliath will here the mighty PK500? I wonder if the 500 in your name is really about racing or the many times you SHRED EA per day. :lol: Such is the cycle of life, you will buy Madden 2006 soon again.

P.S. The hitters eye in MVP tells you what the pitch is before it leaves the pitchers hand....I know, well at least you can turn it off.
"If I didn't want 50 percent of my income and wanted the government to regulate every aspect of my life, I'd live in California."

spooky157
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by spooky157 »

Danimal wrote:
HouOilers wrote:
Danimal wrote:Ok PK, you win I am ignorant.

This whole argument is as silly as this thread anyway.

Oh I forgot, I'm abrassive too. :)
Weren't you the poster who was all over everyone if they said one bad thing about this game when it was released? Defending every gameplay question others had with a beatdown? Now you defend it with 'ignorance is bliss'? You got to be kidding right?
Ah one of the closet 2k fanboys come out.

I certainly hope your still in school, because your reading comprehension skills are as horrible as the 2k5 DB AI.

I was all over one guy, and I was not the only one. Because, he was slamming a game he hadn't even played. Something I imagine your 2k loving ass is doing right now.

In this thread, which again you apparently read but did not comprehend, I said that it is a game killing glitch and I am glad I don't know about it. I am not defending the glitch in anyway. What I was discussing here with PK is why it matters to people who have discovered the glitch that everyone know about it.

Call me igonorant if you want, but to claim that people who aren't purposely reading about this glitch (again I'm not the only one doing that, but we already established your reading comprehension sucks) are somehow not real gamers is arrogance.

Somehow you have turned this into a 2K vs madden thread. You want to call me sad, because I choose not to know something that will make a game unejoyable. Then what are you for still fanning the 2k vs madden war. Your f***in game is dead, deal with it.
Isn't "fanboy" one of the banned words on this forum? I don't see anything in HouOilers post that would make you call him such a dirty word.

This is what EA gets with their exclusive license - all eyes on them. Unfortunately Madden spit the bit this year when they held the spotlight...big time.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

GridIronGhost wrote:Just like leaves fall from trees in autumn, snow covers the ground in winter and flowers flourish in spring...PK lands another EA bashing. :lol: I sure hope EA braces for the shredding you will unleash. Now that you have the power of podcast maybe Goliath will here the mighty PK500? I wonder if the 500 in your name is really about racing or the many times you SHRED EA per day. :lol: Such is the cycle of life, you will buy Madden 2006 soon again.

P.S. The hitters eye in MVP tells you what the pitch is before it leaves the pitchers hand....I know, well at least you can turn it off.
Man, criticism of the all-holy Madden based on a proven glitch brings out the room-temperature IQ's in the Forum, doesn't it?

EA bashing, huh? Let's see: I have praised NCAA 06 as a good game this fall. I have praised MVP as the best baseball game I've played since Interplay Sports Baseball 2000. I sang hosannahs about NASCAR 2005 as the best EA NASCAR game ever, by far, and one of the most enjoyable racing games I've played this year.

I hope the spot under your rock is still nice and toasty for when you go crawl back under it. Your delusions are amusing if nowhere based in fact.

Nice try. Lovely parting gift for you at the door.

P.S.: And why should I repurchase Madden when a very fun and playable NCAA 06 is on the market? Like Britney, oops, I did it again: praised an EA game. Mein Gott! Pigs are flying! GridironGhost is making rational, intelligent posts in the Forum! The Catholic Church is ordaining women priests!

Out,
PK
Last edited by pk500 on Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Hmm, guess this was inevitable...

Geez, people, it is a game. So far, I'm in the "ignorance is bliss" crowd, and after a little back-to-back playing time, prefer Madden over NCAA. NCAA feels incredibly frantic...

Never got into the 2K series, and the braindead AI DB play didn't help. Nothing like throwing into double coverage only to have the DB randomly jump himself out of the play.

I find it interesting that this give-away has possibly been in the game for years.

GridIronGhost
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by GridIronGhost »

You own any of those games today...PK? Maybe praise is to strong of a word? :wink:
"If I didn't want 50 percent of my income and wanted the government to regulate every aspect of my life, I'd live in California."

spooky157
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by spooky157 »

GridIronGhost wrote: P.S. The hitters eye in MVP tells you what the pitch is before it leaves the pitchers hand....I know, well at least you can turn it off.
It tells you the pitch AS is it leaving the pitcher's hand. You've got less than one second to process that info. This Madden glitch is more like "offspeed" being shown on the Jumbotron before the pitcher even starts his windup.

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

pk500 wrote: P.S.: And why should I PURCHASE Madden when a very fun and playable NCAA 06 is on the market? Like Britney, oops, I did it again: Praised an EA game. Tout alors!

Out,
PK

Fixed... Oh no I ribbed PK, will the world be able to handle such shenanigans?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

GridIronGhost wrote:You own any of those games today...PK? Maybe praise is to strong of a word? :wink:
Relevance, please? None. I thought so.

I played the living f*ck out of NASCAR 2005, probably putting more than 50 hours into it online and offline before selling in anticipation of NASCAR 06, which comes out next week.

I owned NCAA 06 until I sold it to fund a purchase of Madden 06. Now that I have found the glitch in Madden 06 hurts the way I like to play, I will return to NCAA 06.

I played MVP regularly for about two or three months this spring before selling it due to games coming out this summer. That's longer than I've owned a baseball game since High Heat.

So, your point? Why does current ownership of a game reflect how much you liked it? It doesn't.

I don't feel an obligation to keep games in my library that no longer are getting play time for various reasons. And in the case of three games mentioned above, NASCAR and MVP got a lot of play time from me, and NCAA will when I rebuy it very soon.

Satisfied? Will I keep the price of your EA stock at a nice level now?

Out,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

GridIronGhost
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by GridIronGhost »

spooky157 wrote:
GridIronGhost wrote: P.S. The hitters eye in MVP tells you what the pitch is before it leaves the pitchers hand....I know, well at least you can turn it off.
It tells you the pitch AS is it leaving the pitcher's hand. You've got less than one second to process that info. This Madden glitch is more like "offspeed" being shown on the Jumbotron before the pitcher even starts his windup.
You can see the color of the pitch a split second when the ball is in the pitchers glove. I see it clear on the big screen, harder to make out on my smaller TV.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

bdoughty wrote:
pk500 wrote: P.S.: And why should I PURCHASE Madden when a very fun and playable NCAA 06 is on the market? Like Britney, oops, I did it again: Praised an EA game. Tout alors!

Out,
PK

Fixed... Oh no I ribbed PK, will the world be able to handle such shenanigans?
You dick. ;)

Take care,
PK

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

GridIronGhost wrote:
spooky157 wrote:
You can see the color of the pitch a split second when the ball is in the pitchers glove. I see it clear on the big screen, harder to make out on my smaller TV.
What part of the difference between one to two seconds and 10 to 15 seconds don't you understand? The point that Spooky is making is that the "giveaway glitch" gives you plenty of time to make adjustments before the snap, a lot more time than Hitters' Eye does.

Flash cards might be mandatory for answering your posts very soon.

It's amusingly ironic that your shorts are in a wad over criticism of an EA game by supposed 2K "fanboys" yet if this glitch was discovered in a game by a company other than EA, you would be silent. Now, who's the fanboy again?

Pot. Calling. Kettle. Black.

Take care,
PK

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
bdoughty wrote:Fixed... Oh no I ribbed PK, will the world be able to handle such shenanigans?
You dick. ;)

Take care,
PK
Are we talking about Condoms or sports games?
Last edited by dbdynsty25 on Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GridIronGhost
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by GridIronGhost »

pk500 wrote:
GridIronGhost wrote:You own any of those games today...PK? Maybe praise is to strong of a word? :wink:
Relevance, please? None. I thought so.

I played the living f*ck out of NASCAR 2005, probably putting more than 50 hours into it online and offline before selling in anticipation of NASCAR 06, which comes out next week.

I owned NCAA 06 until I sold it to fund a purchase of Madden 06. Now that I have found the glitch in Madden 06 hurts the way I like to play, I will return to NCAA 06.

I played MVP regularly for about two or three months this spring before selling it due to games coming out this summer. That's longer than I've owned a baseball game since High Heat.

So, your point? Why does current ownership of a game reflect how much you liked it? It doesn't.

I don't feel an obligation to keep games in my library that no longer are getting play time for various reasons. And in the case of three games mentioned above, NASCAR and MVP got a lot of play time from me, and NCAA will when I rebuy it very soon.

Satisfied? Will I keep the price of your EA stock at a nice level now?

Out,
PK
Maybe your right, you do talk more about games then you play them....sorry I was wrong. Please do continue to repurchase EA games, every bit helps.

Thanks,

LP

GridIronGhost
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by GridIronGhost »

pk500 wrote:
GridIronGhost wrote:
spooky157 wrote: It tells you the pitch AS is it leaving the pitcher's hand. You've got less than one second to process that info. This Madden glitch is more like "offspeed" being shown on the Jumbotron before the pitcher even starts his windup.
What part of the difference between one to two seconds and 10 to 15 seconds don't you understand? The point that Spooky is making is that the "giveaway glitch" gives you plenty of time to make adjustments before the snap, a lot more time than Hitters' Eye does.

It's amusingly ironic that your shorts are in a wad over criticism of an EA game by supposed 2K "fanboys" yet if this glitch was discovered in a game by a company other than EA, you would be silent. Now, who's the fanboy again?

Take care,
PK
None, I was just correcting his post. Can you really use flash cards?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

bdoughty wrote:PK is a big boy and does not need to be defended. I quoted where YOU said 2K5 was dead. Wait not dead f****** dead. Maybe you should consider following your own advice earlier in this thread and read before you make such assumptions.

If you are rerring to the head in the sand picture it was a joke. Whoops I forgot the ;) apparently the punch line was not a giveaway.
I'd appreciate it if you anwsered one of my questions.

also I knew the sand picture was a joke.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

GridIronGhost
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by GridIronGhost »

pk500 wrote:
GridIronGhost wrote:
spooky157 wrote: It tells you the pitch AS is it leaving the pitcher's hand. You've got less than one second to process that info. This Madden glitch is more like "offspeed" being shown on the Jumbotron before the pitcher even starts his windup.

Take care,
PK
This glitch was discovered in a 2K game.

laurenskye
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by laurenskye »

I gave up on Madden also but for different reasons.
How can no one mention the turbo boost of DB's and linebackers? Nothings more frustrating than having a crossing rout, your receiver is 2 yards in front, you throw it out in front so he runs to it, and somehow the DB turbos up to your man to disrupt the play?

I'll take Sega's db's over this any day. And there are fixes to make it better.

Guess I'll be getting an Action replay to update.

And if you can't take criticism of YOUR game that is based on fact than go somewhere else. This sight is not based on any bias, just truth.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

GridIronGhost wrote:Maybe your right, you do talk more about games then you play them....sorry I was wrong. Please do continue to repurchase EA games, every bit helps.

Thanks,

LP
No problem. NCAA 06 will be the only EA game that I've repurchased in the last two years. It will be my pleasure, as it's a fine game.

Take care,
PK

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

GridIronGhost wrote:None, I was just correcting his post. Can you really use flash cards?
If it helps your comprehension, I'm all about you, man. All about you.

Take care,
PK

GridIronGhost
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by GridIronGhost »

pk500 wrote:
GridIronGhost wrote:

Take care,
PK
It's funny how you lable fanboys. Hey can I get mentioned in your podcast...please?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

GridIronGhost wrote:This glitch was discovered in a 2K game.
Hmm, which 2006 2K football game had the "giveaway glitch?" I'm all ears.

For the record, I shredded Sega in here or at SR for the "offensive tackles always in the up position on passing plays" glitch in ESPN NFL 2K4, a flaw that caused me to sell that game, too.

Remember when I did that ripping? Oh, that's right: You weren't around then.

Take care,
PK

bdoughty
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdoughty »

Dang I thought Jared was going to get rid of the "F word"?

How about instead of calling people "fan****" we start using a new more PC term.

My suggestion

Competitve SKU Challenged... :)

or

Loyalus to a Faltus...

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

GridIronGhost wrote:It's funny how you lable fanboys. Hey can I get mentioned in your podcast...please?
Nah, I try to be as efficient as possible with the time I'm recording, talking about topics and people that the listeners might give a f*ck about.

Reply at will. Much like my desire for efficient podcasts, I'm done wasting time with your replies unless there's something really worth talking about. I've finally realized that it's fruitless to respond to the Internet equivalent of white noise.

Take care,
PK
Last edited by pk500 on Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spooky157
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by spooky157 »

GridIronGhost wrote:
spooky157 wrote:
My bad....but there's still a huge difference between Hitter's Eye and this Madden glitch.

And you're right - when you spend more time talking about the game than playing it you know it's time to give up on it. That's why PK and others have gotten rid of their copes and that's why I sold my copy today.