[Forza] C class becoming class of choice?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Talamius
Mario Mendoza

[Forza] C class becoming class of choice?

Post by Talamius »

Will C class become the new class of choice for online races soon? I'd like to suggest it.

The reasons:

A bigger variety of cars to choose from that are top tier (no singular CRX dominance!) You have all the C cars plus alot of the D cars that can be upgraded. That'll help with variety in the rooms.

Cost is still reasonable for starting players through the first 10 levels. It's not until B class that car purchases and upgrades start to get really expensive.

Slightly faster overall rides

I do believe the psuedo-ban on CRXs has helped the D rooms immensely because it's brought the pack closer together. Maybe I'm also itching to try out some of my C class rides also *cough* :)

I've noticed a general trend in pub games where C is starting to gain popularity also. What are your thoughts on this?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I was wondering the same thing...in fact, I'm all for C class cars. I like the fact that you can use the current C's or even the upgraded D's...it'll make people choose their cars for particular courses wisely. There will be a lot more strategy to winning races, rather than just pure racing skill. I'm all for it.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I'm a fan of the B class, but that's just me. The racing last night was intense for those in the room.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

I definitely like running the C-class cars more than the D-class. Carrying as much momentum out of corners is still very important in the Cs but a mistake doesn't hurt quite as much as in a D.

Plus, as DB said, there are more differences between C cars. You can make them powerful for the class, light for the class, handle better, etc. It is very close to the Speed Challenge series class that runs Civics and stuff.

Will anyone be online tonight? I'll probably be on around 8:30 Eastern.

DB, I understand you'll be watching your Suns, good luck to them. I'm hoping they eradicate the league of the Spurs and Pistons-style basketball :)

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Dave wrote:DB, I understand you'll be watching your Suns, good luck to them. I'm hoping they eradicate the league of the Spurs and Pistons-style basketball :)
I might be able to hop on before the game (doesn't start till 10:30EST) but that depends on what I'm doing for dinner before hand. But you're right...after 10:30, I'm busy, lol.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

I'm up for some C or B class racing tonight.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I have No class

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

anyone start out with a Volkswagon Corrado?

looking forward to putting a 944 in the garage. A former dreamcar back in H.S. 944 is in the C class, i think.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

You f*ckers are killing me. Nineteen more days until I'm out of Forza exile.

At least I left Forza after a GREAT race with JimmyDeicide last night at the 'Ring. We swapped the lead three or four times on the return section of the circuit, never more than a second apart the whole time, and I edged him by three-tenths of a second at the finish despite a great move by him to tuck behind me and slingshot past at the line.

That was one of the best online races of my life, in any game.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

damm, Paul. That even *sounded* exhilarating.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

vinny-b wrote:damm, Paul. That even *sounded* exhilarating.
Vinny, my forever lover:

The race was EPIC. I can't recall ever concentrating so hard in a videogame. My left leg was twitching after the finish.

P.S.: Jimmy is one of the cleanest, hardest racers out there. Really fun to race against.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

i like B cups.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Sudz wrote:i like B cups.
Here you go.

I haven't really messed around much with the C class cars yet so I don't know how I like them yet. :cry:
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

lsdean
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by lsdean »

ScoopBrady wrote:
Sudz wrote:i like B cups.
Here you go.

I haven't really messed around much with the C class cars yet so I don't know how I like them yet. :cry:
Too funny Scoop. :D

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good stuff.

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

Good racing tonight boys.

Provo I would like to apologize once again for my ass reaming on that last race, the race was yours and I f*cked the both of us. I was jumping between different cars trying to find a solid C Class I want to keep and wasn't quite familair with any of them I was driving.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

I really like the C car races last night. Contrary to what I thought, they were actually easier to control in the turns. The other side is that they get more speed in the straights, so it's harder to keep your car perfectly straight while going that fast. But I definitley liked C better than D. The handling felt more "TOCA-like" to me. Maybe we should stay with C's for a bit now?

Talamius
Mario Mendoza

Post by Talamius »

That was good racing last night. For the most part the best laps were within a second or two of each other and the pack racing was REALLY tight.

ProvoAnC
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ProvoAnC »

AtXj wrote:Good racing tonight boys.

Provo I would like to apologize once again for my ass reaming on that last race, the race was yours and I f*cked the both of us. I was jumping between different cars trying to find a solid C Class I want to keep and wasn't quite familair with any of them I was driving.
Alpine Ring? No worries...I can't even remember the incident
I have a new gamertag Provo 4569